ESPN reporting Tyler Thigpen will start against Oakland | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN reporting Tyler Thigpen will start against Oakland

So here is what we have so far...

HENNE: Slow reads, strong understanding of the offense, sloth-like running ability, strong arm, rarely hits the deep ball, seems to fold under pressure

THIGPEN: Good scrambling ability, good arm, basic understanding of the offense because he hasn't run it much...

That's all I have. So why not give Thigpen a chance to run the offense more to see what he has? How does that not make sense?

You think this team would have learned with Odrick. Why force Henne to play? Give Thiggy 1 more chance atleast. Let Henne rest. Henne was on crutches almost a week ago. There is no reason to rush him back.

If Thiggy stinks up the joint in the 1st half, then absolutely bring Henne in. But right now let Thiggy start. Our O-line is so beat up. Thiggy atleast has mobility, Henne in NO WAY can be 100% mobility(which he severely lackS) when completely healthy.

It just makes absolutely 0 sense to start Henne today. None!!

I just want one of these 2 QB'S to succeed. I find it awfully sad that many on here gave Henne 21 starts but are willing to BANISH Thiggy after 1 start in situations Henne have never had to deal with. I know it was only 1 quarter and the team didn't gameplan for him. But Thiggy looked solid against Tennessee when he had a competant O-line

i dont like thigpen and i also thought he was a mike vick type qb but hes much slower and doesnt really know how to read the defenses he throws to where the defense has 3 defenders.

i think we will win this game with henne and him sharing the ball but i also think that our RUNNING BACKS must step up.

Wow, what a ridiculous analysis, not to mention one sided.

Other Cons for Thigpen: losing record, prone to throw interception for every good play, erratic, fails to maintain pocket presence, often abandons the play to early, smaller sized QB, few to no first team snaps this season, shall I go on?

As for Henne, how about winning record, several comeback wins, prototypical QB size

did people not watch thursday night?

thigpen is now 1-11 as a starter...

he flat out sucks...don't let your henne hatred get influence your viewpoint about how bad thigpen is.

Back
Top Bottom