ESPN reporting Tyler Thigpen will start against Oakland | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN reporting Tyler Thigpen will start against Oakland

I'd rather the Dolphins started "Pigpen" well cause he plays Dirty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't really matter,, What matters is Ronnie and Ricky need to man up and start producing to take pressure off the QB.

How the hell are Ronnie and Ricky going to "man up" when they only ran the ball 7 ****ing times last game? Was that Ronnie and Ricky's fault? And they had something like 39 yards on those carries. MFI...

Doesn't really matter, we don't have a decent QB today. Sadly, this means our team has no immediate future.

I'd like to see more of Thiggy, just to see what he can do. We saw that he couldn't do much against a good defense with a depleted O-Line. We need to find out if he's worth a roster spot in the future ... a KEY Part of Rebuilding.

The funny part about the Oakland game ... they have THE EXACT same situation .... Jason Campbell & Bruce Gradkowski

The disturbing part about this thread is all the "I told you so" comments about both QBs ... NEWS FLASH, both groups are wrong!! lol Your football knowledge is a few fries short of a Happy Meal!!

Henne had 8 games to show his inept ability at QB...Now follow closely and read S-L-O-W

Thigpen has started 1 game and the backup center who was filling in for the starting center went down in the second series leaving a guard to fill that job while another 4th string scrub came in for him leaviing a line that could not block jack even if his legs we in concrete and he rode the short bus. This left Thiggy running for his life on every snap which was usually off target due to the backup to the backup who was doing the snapping not being experenced at that position. While I am not a lover of men and just respect players who get the job done I do understand the need to "Give a guy a chance" to prove his worth. If Thigpen plays poorly like our current backup did when he was the starter then so be it...He must be replaced ...but to lament and cry about the guy after one start with all the injuries and against a decent team defense is foolishness.

Henne had 8 games to show his inept ability at QB...Now follow closely and read S-L-O-W

Thigpen has started 1 game and the backup center who was filling in for the starting center went down in the second series leaving a guard to fill that job while another 4th string scrub came in for him leaviing a line that could not block jack even if his legs we in concrete and he rode the short bus. This left Thiggy running for his life on every snap which was usually off target due to the backup to the backup who was doing the snapping not being experenced at that position. While I am not a lover of men and just respect players who get the job done I do understand the need to "Give a guy a chance" to prove his worth. If Thigpen plays poorly like our current backup did when he was the starter then so be it...He must be replaced but to lament and cry about the guy after one start with all the injuries and against a decent team defense is crazy.

It's not just one start though. He is 1-12 as a starter. By your "logic" that would be more than enough to show what he can do. Or does that rule only apply to Henne and other players you don't like???

It's not just one start though. He is 1-12 as a starter. By your "logic" that would be more than enough to show what he can do. Or does that rule only apply to Henne and other players you don't like???

What do you mean I dont "like" Henne or any other player? I actually L-O-V-E Henne with a man-crush that is based on nothing more than I love his name and the way he looks in Aqua & Orange holding that clip board for millions per/yr.

Dude this is not the 3rd grade and players are not passed notes to check yes or no...Its a job and a business that you either thrive in and do your job (win) or you fail (Ints,failed drives & mult FG inside the red zone) which is where Henne squarely landed. So NO I didnt Like that about Henne and if Thigpen plays the same way given the chance I will not Like him either.

Thigpen has started 1 game and the backup center who was filling in for the starting center went down in the second series leaving a guard to fill that job while another 4th string scrub came in for him leaviing a line that could not block jack even if his legs we in concrete and he rode the short bus. This left Thiggy running for his life on every snap which was usually off target due to the backup to the backup who was doing the snapping not being experenced at that position. While I am not a lover of men and just respect players who get the job done I do understand the need to "Give a guy a chance" to prove his worth. If Thigpen plays poorly like our current backup did when he was the starter then so be it...He must be replaced ...but to lament and cry about the guy after one start with all the injuries and against a decent team defense is foolishness.

maybe you should THINK SLOW. thigpen isn't just some bum we signed off the street. WE fell in love with him after one game agaisnt KC, and KC could'nt ship him to us fast enough. Henne is a guy who hasn't played like a probowler, but take a second and look at the teams we lost to this year. they're not teams that a lot of people expected us to win. He's the best qb we've had from a pure passing standpoint since dan marino. To sit here and tell us that giving up on thigpen is foolishness is the only foolish thing I see in this thread. HE was a qb last week, who looked like he had no idea what he was doing. He's supposed to be more mobile than henne, yet when he had to take off, all he could manage was to stumble all over himself. this guy is not good. that's why he was a 3rd STRINGER. Henne is the guy we need to evaluate. Not thigpen. Henne was the investment, and if he's healthy, we need to see him play the rest of the season and see if we ultimately need to go get the next sure thing next spring.

What do you mean I dont "like" Henne or any other player? I actually L-O-V-E Henne with a man-crush that is based on nothing more than I love his name and the way he looks in Aqua & Orange holding that clip board for millions per/yr.

Dude this is not the 3rd grade and players are not passed notes to check yes or no...Its a job and a business that you either thrive in and do your job (win) or you fail (Ints,failed drives & mult FG inside the red zone) which is where Henne squarely landed. So NO I didnt Like that about Henne and if Thigpen plays the same way given the chance I will not Like him either.

you were just told in the post that you took the time to quote, that thigpen is 1-12 as a starter... at what point do you decide he was given a chance? are you trying to tell me you want to see him go the same 1-12 in miami before he has enough of a chance to determine that he is indeed just a 3rd string qb???????

Good try SuperBowlDream ... really tough to use logic & thought on a fan-group who discards football logic for opinion, wishes, & dreams!! You nailed it with your 3rd-grade analogy.

Thiggy put up his record on a crappy KC Team, where he simply ran around gunslinging.

I too would like to see if he's learned anything with the Dolphins, so we know if we should give him a future roster spot.

Its remotely possible that Thiggy or Henne can develop into our Franchise QB, but NOT probable ... their ability & flaws have only improved slightly. i.e. Henne is the same QB as preseason. Like to see if Thiggy is the same QB as KC.

It sure looks like our Franchise QB is currently in College or (gulp!!) High School ... although a miracle would be nice ... to have Henne or Thiggy metamorphasize from a slow & ugly caterpillar into a butterfly!! In the meantime, all the 3rd-grade uber-fan-note-passing-I-told-you-so-nostra-dumbaz homers will pass their blog notes saying "NO he sucks, or YES he da man."

Henne ran as slow as a fat bloated lineman before his knee injury, so how fricken slow is he now? I'll bet it would be a close 40 yard race with a tree sloth

Back
Top Bottom