espn reports collins out in ny | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

espn reports collins out in ny

ltfinfan said:
can't we kiss fiedler goodbye and sign collins?

BOO-yeah !!! :D

How bout just trading for Collins str8 up??

On second thought, nah, his salary would be too high. Just sign him when he's cut!

CarolinaFishFan said:
in all seriousness though, i did hear someone on ESPN (Jaworski maybe?) say yesterday that Collins is an "elite" NFL QB if he has line protection, and that he can make "all the throws" well, including the skinny post, for what it is worth. ive never been that high on the guy especially after the way he left Carolina.

Collins has a strong arm, and with protection he can be a damn good qb (i mean, he did take them to the super bowl not too long ago), but if he gets any kind of pressure he becomes panic mode qb and starts slinging it out there too early and to the opponents.

I don't think we would want that kind of qb down here at this time with the current Oline, we already saw what greise accomplished. I think mobility is very important for our qb's untill we have a solid line that can pass protect with consistency.

Crisdeman,

Thanks for making the Griese comparison. You just saved me the trouble. :)

Griese, Collins, and Warner may all be better than Jay when they have protection, but I'll take Jay behind this line until it is proven. The only guy I would even risk in exchange for Jay would be Kurt, and I wouldn't be too thrilled with that.

Carter did one hell of a job considering they had no running game to complement him. Keeping Collins for a year wouldn't be logical because Drew Hneson may be ready to compete next year.

The Rams could be interested because there's no one there but Bulger once Warner is cut.

Jimmy James said:
Crisdeman,

Thanks for making the Griese comparison. You just saved me the trouble. :)

Griese, Collins, and Warner may all be better than Jay when they have protection, but I'll take Jay behind this line until it is proven. The only guy I would even risk in exchange for Jay would be Kurt, and I wouldn't be too thrilled with that.

Good point. Already had an egg, no pun intended, outta that basket! :lol:

I think Cowboys all the way, I can,t believe the Giants didn,t try and trade him to someone else. Anyway I think Parcells jumps all over this !

What's that CFL team with that one WR guy?

j/k. I have no clue where he'll end up, but I don't think he's good of our system, whatever system that may be.

Back
Top Bottom