ESPN Reports Seahawks and Giants to Jump in Henson Race | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Reports Seahawks and Giants to Jump in Henson Race

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just now. Said they both are interested in trading for Drew Henson.

Seahawks surprise me. I'm not sure how old Matt Hasselback is but it could be the kind of thing their coach has done in the past with looking to the future in terms of either trading him for a first rounder or you never know when your starter QB is gonna start takin a nose dive.

The Giants definitely need to groom someone for when they get completely tired of Kerry Collins.

I guess if they think they can get Henson for a lower round pick they will try to add excitement to the crowd...

Uhmmm... can someone tell them to get lost...:D

By lower round you mean 2nd rounder right? Cuz there's no way his price goes below that I think. Not with all the parties interested.

The reason his price will go lower is because he can just go back into the draft if they don't trade him for something. He said today on ESPN radio w/Dan Patrick he has full control of where he goes but telling the Texans he won't sign with a team unless he feels it's the right situation.

I think he'll end up going for a third personally.

I can't see him going to either of these teams. Collins and Hasslebeck aren't old enough or bad enough IMO, to make him view those teams as being good situations for him to be in.

Henson's overrated.

Let them have him... Look at Chad Hutchinson as Exhibit A of what taking time off from football does to a QB.

Look at how Henson failed to live up to the hype with the Yankees as Example B. Not good precedent.

I say forget Henson and go for Rivers or Brunell.

Well you can definitely distinguish Hutchinson from Henson. Henson was all set to be the Texans' #1 pick in the draft. Hutchinson was set to MAYBE be a first rounder and I think it was the year that Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper, and Cade McNown all went in.

Considering there were 5 guys already going in the 1st round that year, its by no means a sure thing that Hutchinson would have been a first round. When drafting a first round QB is such a roll of the dice anyway, how can you act so sure that what ruined Hutchinson was taking a break from football??? There's a good chance he wouldn't have been very good to begin with even if he was drafted.

Then again who says he's done? Most people around here say Henson will take 2-3 years before he's ready...well Hutchinson just finished his 2nd year on the Cowboys.

In all likelihood considering the dude Hutchinson was most closely rated next to, Cade McNown, Hutchinson probably would have been garbage no matter when he made his entrance to the NFL.

I can understand why the Giants are interested but now why the Seahawks are. Hasselbeck was really good last season and I don't think he is old either.

The entire league is interested or at least half of them.

Henson said today on Dan Patrick's show that he expects 15 or more teams to come take a look at him.

If you send a scout, you are OFFICIALLY interested.

My question is....

Why wouldn't you send a scout? What else are they doing? So why wouldn't every team be interested? :tongue:

Hawks are just looking, and won't have any real interest

Key

Anyone who coule possibly upgrade should check him out. With his previous status he has the potential to be a franchise QB....there's not many that can say that.

As for baseball....that is a completely different sport. There was an article written by USAtoday months back (just found it,....thanks google...in march 03) for the 10 hardest things to do in sports....#1 was hitting a baseball in the major leagues http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ten-hardest-splash.htm ) and has nothing to do with being a QB. Heck, being a QB isn't even listed.

So I wouldn't hold that against him.....

After using a 1st on Matt Hasslebeck 2 years ago, I would eat my hat if they traded for Henson.

As for the Giants, I think the VERY LAST thing Drew would want is to stay in NY considering the problems he's had with the Yankees. I think Miami is in, or close to being in the box seat if they want him.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
The Bills are jumping into race also.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0206UI36M3J_sports.shtml

Not that you are wrong but the "D&C" is a crappy rag. I dod hear on local radio that the bills will look and that Drew wants to go to either GB Buffd or Miami. At least its warm here. Of course the local radio call in guys have Buff getting Henson by either trading a 5th rounder or trading Travis Henry for Henson and Houston's 2nd rounder:laugh: :chuckle: :crazy: :bong:

I'm not sure what in the hell you have been listening too then. I ahven't heard that on WNSA anyway.

Back
Top Bottom