ESPN Rumor Central about Wildcat.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Rumor Central about Wildcat..

I'm tired of people calling the Wildcat gimick play. A gimick play is something you run once a game or 5 times a year. It was a substantial part of our offense. A gimick is a tripple reverse with the last guy with the ball throws a bomb to an eligble tackle on a fly route. Trips right at the end of a game for the hail mary is a gimick formation more than the WC and nobody calls it a gimick. When the Dolphins went undefeated they were accussed of using a gimick defense named the 53. It was the 3-4 and nobody used the 3-4. The defense could basiclly beat the crap out of the tackles and they had to take it. They had to use Bob Mathison (53) as a DE/OL because of injuries. What isn't in the norm at the time becomes gimick

I did not call it a gimick play. Why are you so offended by a label (Gimick)?

This offense is not new. It is simply the old single wing.

The Steelers did this with Kordell Stewart and Randal El. BTW they used it as a regular part of their offense as well. BTW it did not work all the time. Darn it!!!

Are you infering that the WC is going to become a trend in the NFL?

The Steelers did this with Kordell Stewart and Randal El. BTW they used it as a regular part of their offense as well. BTW it did not work all the time. Darn it!!!

I dont know why anyone would expect it to work every time. The forward pass doesnt either. In fact, there are only 3 things that can happen when you pass the ball and two of em are not good.

My buddy is not a big fan of the WC. He gets irritated when he sees us lined up like that. But the fact that the defense has no clue when we do run it, even if they do stop it, then eventually it does work.

We did not lose to the Ravens because they stopped the WC. We lost to the Ravens cus we turned the ball over and did not do well in other facets of the game.

The change up is one of the most important factors in this offense. San Diego stopped it and were jumping up and down like crazy and shootin their mouths off....then you see Ronnie going in for a TD while Ricky puts a nice block on someone. So, yes, this might get stopped, but wouldnt something else as well chances being your going up against the top defenses in the league?

So whatever, teams have to defend it continously, not just once or twice and call it a day. We bring it, we hide it, we bring it again, and then fourth qtr we do something like drive 90 yds for a TD. It works in the long term, not just here and there.

LOL, do you guys really think Sparano and the team would have worked on actual wildcat plays while the media was there. Of course they would line White at WR, so the media can run with it.

I agree. Why not reaffirm the media's preconceived notions about how PW6 will be used? The wildcat possibilities are numerous.

What the Steelers did with Stewart and Randel El was not the Wildcat or even the single wing, it was simply a direct snap to the receiver or running back. There was no unbalanced line or read option involved.

WHY the hell do people not like the Wildcat? WHY do people honestly think that we won't go back to it this year? WHYYYY don't people like all the possibilities that Pat White can bring? If it isn't broke, DON'T FIX IT! If we can do the things we did with that O-Line and no Pat White, imagine what we can do WITH Pat White and an improved O-Line?! THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING! I don't know about you, but if I trust anyone in the league to attempt to re-invent the NFL I'd trust Parcells.

WHY the hell do people not like the Wildcat? WHY do people honestly think that we won't go back to it this year? WHYYYY don't people like all the possibilities that Pat White can bring? If it isn't broke, DON'T FIX IT! If we can do the things we did with that O-Line and no Pat White, imagine what we can do WITH Pat White and an improved O-Line?! THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING! I don't know about you, but if I trust anyone in the league to attempt to re-invent the NFL I'd trust Parcells.

The Wildcat is here to stay. White at WR, White at QB, Ronnie passing or not passing etc. The possibilities are far and wide. People should be excited about the opportunities. Keep the D guessing. Smoke screens, mis-direction, and trickery is a necessity. Offenses have to be creative against the type of athletes that are stacked on D in this league.

The Wildcat is here to stay. White at WR, White at QB, Ronnie passing or not passing etc. The possibilities are far and wide. People should be excited about the opportunities. Keep the D guessing. Smoke screens, mis-direction, and trickery is a necessity. Offenses have to be creative against the type of athletes that are stacked on D in this league.

there is also the possibility of lining up white at receiver is useless since he has never played it. The same possibilities exist in almost any other formation, to think the wildcat has anymore possibilities than running a regular set is incorrect. People do realize that a wr in a regular set can go for a reverse and throw it also.

there is also the possibility of lining up white at receiver is useless since he has never played it. The same possibilities exist in almost any other formation, to think the wildcat has anymore possibilities than running a regular set is incorrect. People do realize that a wr in a regular set can go for a reverse and throw it also.

I know you're down on the Pat White pick and I don't blame you for questioning him as a WR but I think he will ultimately have success just as a running-QB in that offense and we will possibly have a top rushing attack with Ronnie/Pat/Ricky - Pat being the open field runner and Ronnie/Ricky taking it inside. All the options and wildcat plays are mostly just for misdirection and keeping defenses on their heels. We're gonna live and die with the run so I sure hope Jake Grove can show what he did in OAK where all their RBs have looked good - think Fargas (Ronnie), McFadden (Pat) and Michael Bush (Ricky).

Back
Top Bottom