ESPN Rumor Central about Wildcat.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Rumor Central about Wildcat..

White will be all over the Wildcat like White on rice...

He will be QB, RB, WR, & even the waterboy. Just think about a couple of the play sets he will be in...

RB: Comes in motion gets ball, takes 2 steps & throws the rock.
RB: Comes in motion gets ball, runs with the ball.

WR: Ronnie fakes the run and throws to him.
WR: Teams are wondering what he will do as Ronnie takes it to the house.
WR: Ronnie feeds Ricky, then Ricky pitches back to Pat for the long shot or Ronnie or RUN.

Yeah it will be great if he works out. There are a lot of options for them to take advantage of during a game. But the Wildcat still needs someone that can make a split second read that is right more times than not. Ronnie did very well with the early sets in the Wildcat. But kinda fell off a bit later in the season, maybe it was the new sets. Don't know...but bet your bottom dollar there will be some Miami fans jumping and screaming in bars this season b/c of the WILDCAT/WILDPAT/RABID DOLPHIN...every last cent.

QB: Feeds Ronnie the Rock on motion option.
QB: Fakes to Ronnie and buys time for Ginn Deep.

Wow, jus wow. I started a whole thread about this a couple of weeks ago and got blasted by some of the not so bright individuals that wonder what day it is. Of course Pat isn't going to be taking the snaps out of the wildcat. That would take all the power out of the formations design. The strenght of the formation is off tackle right behind the unbalanced line and a trap block. Then when teams overcompensate for that you hand the ball off on the end around. When teams blitz the right side of the unbalanced line THEN you have plays in the playbook that can take advantage of the blitz by passing. If you put White in taking the snaps it is like putting him in the backfield of the goaline set. It isn't gonna to scare ANY defense. Now they don't have to blitz they are going to set back and play the pass knowing he is going to have to hand the ball off, run off tackle, or run the counter. As a DC I would love to see White taking the snaps. The only way he can hurt me is with his throwing out of a formation that limits the routes and combination routes that can be ran, or running off tackle.
On the other hand if he takes Penny's place out wide as a WR then he can do a lot more and we don't have to worry about losing our starting QB if he gets hit. With him out there he can do everything he could do under center with more time to get WRs deep, better angles to pass block, and more time to look to see who is open. This only works if the defense has to first stop the off tackle with Ronnie.
If you people really thought they drafted White to run the off tackle right then you really don't get it.
In the thread I started about this I said Pat would NEVER be taking snaps in the wildcat. While that is actually true, since if he was taking snaps it wouldn't be the wildcat but just the shotgun with motion, I do think now every once in a while the staff will put him in there just to see how the defense responds.
But you have to understand how much easier it would be to stop Pat on the main strenght of the wildcat than it would be Ronnie. Just because Ronnie is taking the snaps doesn't mean that Pat is gonna be limited in the wildcat. He can still everything and more from the WR position but Ronnie will be taking most of the snaps. Otherwise the wildcat could be stopped by most HS DCs.

Wow, jus wow. I started a whole thread about this a couple of weeks ago and got blasted by some of the not so bright individuals that wonder the halls of this site. Of course Pat isn't going to be taking the snaps out of the wildcat. That would take all the power out of the formations design. The strenght of the formation is off tackle right behind the unbalanced line and a trap block. Then when teams overcompensate for that you hand the ball off on the end around. When teams blitz the right side of the unbalanced line THEN you have plays in the playbook that can take advantage of the blitz by passing. If you put White in taking the snaps it is like putting him in the backfield of the goaline set. It isn't gonna to scare ANY defense. Now they don't have to blitz they are going to set back and play the pass knowing he is going to have to hand the ball off, run off tackle, or run the counter. As a DC I would love to see White taking the snaps. The only way he can hurt me is with his throwing out of a formation that limits the routes and combination routes that can be ran, or running off tackle.
On the other hand if he takes Penny's place out wide as a WR then he can do a lot more and we don't have to worry about losing our starting QB if he gets hit. With him out there he can do everything he could do under center with more time to get WRs deep, better angles to pass block, and more time to look to see who is open. This only works if the defense has to first stop the off tackle with Ronnie.
If you people really thought they drafted White to run the off tackle right then you really don't get it.
In the thread I started about this I said Pat would NEVER be taking snaps in the wildcat. While that is actually true, since if he was taking snaps it wouldn't be the wildcat but just the shotgun with motion, I do think now every once in a while the staff will put him in there just to see how the defense responds.
But you have to understand how much easier it would be to stop Pat on the main strenght of the wildcat than it would be Ronnie. Just because Ronnie is taking the snaps doesn't mean that Pat is gonna be limited in the wildcat. He can still everything and more from the WR position but Ronnie will be taking most of the snaps. Otherwise the wildcat could be stopped by most HS DCs.

Wander.

Probably shouldn't throw stones bro.

i was wandering around wondering if he meant wander but he said wonder so i began to ponder about my wandering around wondering when suddenly i had a vision of Pat White sitting at the right hand of the formation. this convinced me to stay out of the medicine cabinet after dark.

Wander.

Probably shouldn't throw stones bro.

When did I throw stones? I've had them thrown at me for talking basic football with some of the Geniuses around here. I've been thrown off this site, banded for life for simply saying AJ Feely was not the answer at QB. I've been called a hater simply for saying I supported Fiedler. Was said not to be a fan when I said Cam Cameron would lead this team into the dirt and we wouldn't finish .500.
If calling an apple an apple is throwing stones then so be it.

to you and me, maybe. but since sparano said that pat white was a quarterback and only a quarterback, it's very interesting that he lined him up at wide receiver at an OTA when the media was present.

even if sparano is 100% telling the truth that pat white is a quarterback and only a quarterback for now, just that one series of plays will give other teams something to be concerned about and use precious practice time preparing for.

I know what Sparano said about White being a QB, but I don't see how they can have him a 3rd QB and use him in the wildcat with the NFL's 3rd QB rule. It would'nt make sense to put Henne 3rd so Pat is probably going to be listed on the roster as a WR.

I know what Sparano said about White being a QB, but I don't see how they can have him a 3rd QB and use him in the wildcat with the NFL's 3rd QB rule. It would'nt make sense to put Henne 3rd so Pat is probably going to be listed on the roster as a WR.

Teams dont have to use the emergency qb rule. If all qb's are on active roster , there is no retriction on how you use your qb. It doesnt matter if White is listed as a wr or not because if you are using an emergency qb the rules are the same.

Its a real shame you were "banded" for life yet you're stil here.

I thought one of the aspects of surprise of the WC formation was that you couldn't distinguish the play from the personnel that were on the field. If white were used only on WC plays then that would tip off the defense that we were about to run the WC.

I thought one of the aspects of surprise of the WC formation was that you couldn't distinguish the play from the personnel that were on the field. If white were used only on WC plays then that would tip off the defense that we were about to run the WC.
Well said...

Would this mean that Pat could run the normal offense for a few plays prior and after the WC is unleashed?

Interesting.

ESPN is hung up on White playin WR-thats why they write this crap. It actually helps our cause-they think he's a WR. Cant wait til games start.

defenses should be really scared of Pat White at receiver. He waa awesome at receiver for WVU.

make sure you let everyone know if this is sarcasm or not because your words will be taking out of context. and you will get burned bad.

It seems to me that this gimick stuff is a bit over played in the print media and talk shows. It's defo not something the Dolphins can count on to win the AFC East. If the Dolphins make it to the playoffs it will be the honest way. Additionally, I am fairly certain that Belichick and the rest of the NFL aren't going to lose a bit of sleep worrying about how to stop it either. Just like all plays in football they need to be exacuted properly to work.

I'm tired of people calling the Wildcat gimick play. A gimick play is something you run once a game or 5 times a year. It was a substantial part of our offense. A gimick is a tripple reverse with the last guy with the ball throws a bomb to an eligble tackle on a fly route. Trips right at the end of a game for the hail mary is a gimick formation more than the WC and nobody calls it a gimick. When the Dolphins went undefeated they were accussed of using a gimick defense named the 53. It was the 3-4 and nobody used the 3-4. The defense could basiclly beat the crap out of the tackles and they had to take it. They had to use Bob Mathison (53) as a DE/OL because of injuries. What isn't in the norm at the time becomes gimick

Back
Top Bottom