ESPN: Ryan Tannehill Excelling in Play-Action | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Ryan Tannehill Excelling in Play-Action

Play action works when you don't use it on every 3rd down with the QB faking iso and the HB running a sweep. /facepalm.

While it is not popular around here to say, this article shows that it is vital to put the appropriate resources and picks into the offensive line. RT has played his best when supported with an effective running game. Target effective FA's and draft linemen that fit the system.

Too bad Bill Walsh died relatively early. During his years as an NBC commentator he ranted against the abuse of 4 (or even 3) wide receiver sets, emphasizing how limiting it was compared to a well designed base pro set.

I was never a big fan of the Walsh WCO but he was right. I said to my friends yrs ago that teams that go 3 wide aren't WCO regardless of what they think.

Myself, I prefer the Redskins philosophy during Gibbs' 1st tenure. 2 TE, 2 WR, & 1 back. Its been used w/ Peyton's Colts & currently in Foxboro with some success.

i like him with the play action because he has the speed to bootleg. i know it is sacreligios to criticize marino here, and i think he's the greatest passer of all time. i hated when they had him play action, it seemed like it was always a stretch playaction and the ball was never within 2 foot of the rb... but marino really didnt actually need to have anything to help utilize his talents. pa rollout is great for tanne

I've got your back here...I've always said that part of the lack of a running game for Marino was Marino's own fault. He never bothered to learn how to sell a PA, and it cost him.

Back
Top Bottom