Espn's Credibility Takes Another Hit: Tannenbaum The New F O Insider | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn's Credibility Takes Another Hit: Tannenbaum The New F O Insider

I used to like listening to Mark Schlereth's take occasionally, but over the last 5-6 years or so, I migrated over to the NFL Network almost exclusively.

Agree. They had 4-5 pretty good people on there a few years ago. Recently, it seemed like they had people who had great respect for their own opinions.

as far as ESPN -- which is really a joke "sports network," more like regional propaganda

with a huge bias against the South while disproportionately promoting NE NY etc.

My opinion. Of course.

But yea, makes sense. Really the perfect landing spot for a bum like Tbum.

Per Barry Jackson Sports Buzz

TANNENBAUM JOINS ESPN

Mike Tannenbaum, the Dolphins’ former executive vice president/football operations, joined ESPN as an NFL front office insider. He began the job on Thursday.

He will appear on SportsCenter, NFL Live and other ESPN shows and also will work ESPN Radio’s coverage of the draft later this month.

ESPN needed another former league executive after Bill Polian recently retired from broadcasting. ESPN also has Louis Riddick, a former Redskins and Eagles pro personnel director.

“I’m very excited about the opportunity,” Tannenbaum said by phone. “I’ve always admired the people and professionals at ESPN, and I’m excited to be a part of the team.”

Tannenbaum was the New York Jets’ general manager from 2006 through 2012 and the Dolphins’ executive vice president/football operations from 2015 through the conclusion of last season.
Wow … Nine Lives Tannenbaum. Guess negotiating that "reassigned" exit worked out well for him.

This has to be some sick, twisted joke. How this oily, fat fraud continues to get work in NFL circles, even as commentator - well, it's nothing short of some kind of David Blaine black magic.

Even a blind pig finds a nut now and then.

Now you get to figure out if I'm talking bout Tannenbaum or ESPN. ;)

This guy got more connections than a crooked politician. Hard to believe he is this respected in football circle's after the wake of failures he has been associated with.

ESPN has credibility?
THAT's hitting the nail on the head!

It used to be ESPN showed sports and commented. Nowadays they're just fluffers for the Patriots and Duke, with an occasional hipster-cool (AKA not cool at all) expose on men's clothing or something.

When are they just going to officially change the name of the station to BSPN?

I saw him as an analyst the other day and I was taken aback. I do not know how this guy continues to land jobs associated with the NFL. He must have pictures of some NFL brass in compromising situations.:ponder:

Last edited:
I haven't watched that network for several years now. There are some shows i liked, sutch as PTI, but I refuse to contribute to their ad revenue.

IMO, they became agenda driven, and I don't want that in my sports.

At this point, I veiw them as the CNN of the athletic world.

Yeah everything in media is agenda driven man hate to break it to you. You just have to pick and choose various sources not just one

I used to like listening to Mark Schlereth's take occasionally, but over the last 5-6 years or so, I migrated over to the NFL Network almost exclusively.
Yeah, Schlereth is good. Tannenbaum is such a politician, “I’ve always admired the people over at Espn” - he knows what to say, I’ll give him that.

I saw as an analyst the other day and I was taken aback. I do not know how this guy continues to land jobs associated with the NFL. He must have pictures of some NFL brass in compromising situations.:ponder:
THATS IT!!! Jupiter, FL and Robert Kraft to be precise!!!

2xxhpu.jpg
I loved them way back when the late Tom Mees did “Road to the Cup” for the NHL and Chris Berman / NFL Primetime were new and clever.

Back
Top Bottom