ESPN's Mortensen's take on Cris Carter & Miami drafting a QB...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Mortensen's take on Cris Carter & Miami drafting a QB......

Originally posted by dolphan39
and JJ picked up CFL guy in Dixon and Arena guy in OG

pretty sparse on O though since we do not even want to start re-hashing all the bad ones (John Avery)

John Avery................classic JJ`s "need for speed". Had a bad feeling when we "reached" for him. Oh well..............no balls no glory. Gotta get up early and go on the ocean...............good night 39. Did you turn your clock ahead?

LOL, NO!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Griese is good though and he actually beat good teams.

... the teams Griese played on beat GOOD teams. Fiedler, Griese nor Marino can do it by themselves, really! :)

Oliver...

Yeah, but Fiedler sucks in the clutch against good teams (he is good against bad ones) and always blows it against the best.

It's very ironic >>>

In that I have always disliked the Cow Girls, respected Landry but the self appointed (Americas Team) phrase made me want to puke,(and still does). And when J- Jones completely direspected Landry when he fired him,,,that was just enough to rank the C-Girls 1 or 2 notches below the iLLS on my despised NFL Teams list. My point is, JJ became their coach with soooo much media hype you would of thought that he was the second coming of Lombardi or G Halas and JJ ate all the attention up. While you still cannot classify me as a J Johnson fan, he did have great success in Dallas, albiet with alot of help and alot of luck but there is no denying the S-B's that were won while he was head coach (also can be credited with the S-B WIN when that moron Switzer was the H-C) JJ deserved alot of credit!! When all the debacle happened in 95, the rumors of JJ taking over for Shula, and Shula being forced to retire, I felt again that there was - too was media hype and again JJ showed how he relishes in the media. Then after he was signed on as H-C, the media started to stir up s*** between Johnson and Marino, and that continued untill JJ resigned! J Johnson has an ego big enough for 5 or 6 people and it seems he can never admit when he is wrong, (that part of JJ I can't stand), but the guy knows how to build a football team, Parcells is good at putting together a team but he usually picks up older veterans and a free agent or two but Parcells prowness was limited to building through situational and explayers while JJ has a keen eye for picking the right guy or guy's in the draft and limits picking up high priced veterans. J Johnson IMOP, would make a great G-M, and I don't think there is ANYONE that could compare to his instinct and knowledge on building through the draft. As far as his coaching abilities-- well lets just say he would have to mellow and tone down his rhetoric if he was to ever consider being a H- C again !!!:) ;) Marino1983

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Yeah, but Fiedler sucks in the clutch against good teams (he is good against bad ones) and always blows it against the best.
And I guess that B Farve looked like an All Pro against the Rams, and Warner --- he definitely deserved to be MVP with his play in this years S-B ????? In this day and age of the NFL,,, there are no bad teams in the NFL , any team can beat any team on any given sunday-sunday night-monday night, and now thusday night !!! I do not understand how you can say Fiedler sucks ? Do you say the same about Farve, Warner, Manning, even when Marino had bad games were you a fair weather fan then too ? If I remember correctly I think that Manning threw 5 interceptions in one game last season does he suck? In fact last season P Manning had one of his lowest qb ratings since college,and so that means he definitely sucks right ? With free agency, the cap and coaching changes, there is no way you can look at any game today and say that team sucks and we should be able to beat them ! As far as accessing players, (qb's in this case) I guess since T Brady has a S-B ring and went to the Pro Bowl, you would consider him a great qb, in the same mold as Marino,Elway,Farve, even though his team collected a S-B trophy in one of the most unorthodox means that an NFL club has used to become a champion,,, THINK ABOUT IT !!!!!:lol: :lol: :D Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom