ESPN's Page 2 disses the 72 Dolphins & Ricky Williams! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Page 2 disses the 72 Dolphins & Ricky Williams!

I think they are smoking crack. The entire list makes no sense at all. They are simply trying to make waves and sell ad space on thier page. To those that have no gone to the site, dont. you are only giving them more hits that translate to $$$$ and rewarding them for the blathering BS.:yell:

Hmmm...written by Ralph Wiley.... I'll have to remember that, so I won't have to read his garbage any more. Dreadlockera, I am just a glutton for punishment, I guess. Anyhow, you were right, that whole list is messed up.
104_photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Phins related quotes...

The 1972 Miami Dolphins | By Steve Wulf

The most overrated NFLer of this -- or any -- season is a team: the 1972 Miami Dolphins. When the Bengals beat the Chiefs on Sunday, we all envisioned those great old Fish popping corks in celebration of their continued distinction as the only undefeated team in NFL history. But they were also just about the luckiest stiffs in NFL history.

Those Dolphins beat only two teams with winning records that year, and those two were 8-6. Their regular-season opponents had an aggregate winning percentage of .396; their schedule was easier than 99 percent of the schedules from 1950 to 1972. They had three close victories in the regular season, over the Vikings (16-14), Bills (24-23) and Jets (28-24) -- none of whom made the playoffs. And once in the postseason, the Dolphins barely beat the Browns (20-14), Steelers (21-17) and Redskins (14-7). They were a memorable bunch, what with Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, Mercury Morris, Jake Scott, Bob Griese, Nick Buonoconti and Garo Yepremian. But never forget their soft schedule, either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky Williams | By David Schoenfield

When will NFL teams learn? You don't build a playoff team around a running back. Especially one like Ricky Williams, who has had one great season in his career.

Well, sort of. Williams led the NFL in rushing last season, but the Dolphins didn't even make the playoffs. But that's not a shocker: None of the top 11 rushers in 2002 made the postseason.

This season is a little better, as five of the top 11 (although just one of the top five) running backs are currently in a playoff position, including Williams and the 6-4 Dolphins. But don't thank Williams for that; he's averaging just 3.3 yards per carry and has lost three fumbles. Franchise player? Don't fool yourself.

I actually thought the list was well done...
Their arguments regarding Ricky are valuable...After a superhuman season last year he hasn<t shown much..
Granted he<s played behind an awful O-Line but most dolfans know Ricky has been slower to hit the hole this year...dancing as soon as he gets the ball...he has also has shown a tendency to go down early...

The guy that wrote the first article sounds like an 'in the closet' Bills fan:cool: The guy that wrote the second one is just a pompous a*s:evil:

I really cant believe that list. Waving the great year of 72' off because of a "weak schedule" is just ridiculous. If it were that easy than why hasnt it been accomplished again? Teams have had easy schedules.. hell.. Kansas City has an easy schedule now! But guess what.. THEY STILL LOST! I do someone feel that building any team around one player is stupid but that doesnt make Ricky overrated. He hasnt had ONE good year... he's been over 1000 yards rushing every year he has been in the league! If thats overrated than thats just crazy.

Everyone at ESPN are "boomer's biatches" We all know how he feels about miami and the bills.:ladysman: :confused:

Originally posted by MissMeth
I do someone feel that building any team around one player is stupid but that doesnt make Ricky overrated. He hasnt had ONE good year... he's been over 1000 yards rushing every year he has been in the league! If thats overrated than thats just crazy.

Yeah, and it's not like the Dolphins are even built around Ricky. Sure, he's the focal point of the offense, but the heart of this team, the defense, was established well before Ricky every put on a Miami uniform.

As I've always said before... I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE ANIMOSITY TOWARDS MIAMI TEAMS from ESPN. The 1972 Dolphins as a team overrated compared to a bunch of individuals who never won the Superbowl?? Chris Berman has the ESPN Studios wrapped around his sack!

Even that uncalled for title on the side that says "Who would want to sit in front a Heat/Hawks basketball game". Miami is hated throughout ESPN for this reason: ESPN is in the heart of New England and close to New York. Miami teams are always in the same division as with New York/New England teams in the pros and college. All of ESPN's employees are originally from up there, and have grown up rivaling us, so they hate us and make it known!!

:fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire: :yell: :fire:

Eh...I guess I would either have to respect what ESPN writers say or give a care about what they write. Since I have neither I couldn't give a rat's A$$ about the article. They have a job to write articles, so they put up one. Simple. And just because they wrote it makes it neither correct or good.

Read it if you want to, you don't have to agree with it.

We could have beaten the Redskins 40-7 in that Super Bowl. It wasn't that close. Pretty harsh on Ricky. But national sportswriters such as those don't know as much as we do. They've seen maybe one maybe two games of ours all year. Then they just look at the stat sheets to fill in the rest.

Personally, I don't care if the 1972 Dolphins played the Buffalo School for the Blind 17 times - they still won every game!

No one has ever done it before! No one will ever do it again!

I don't really agree with the 72 Dolphins and Ricky comments, but the Warner comments were RIGHT ON THE MONEY. The only reason he is no longer the most overrated player in the NFL is because nobody thinks he's great anymore. Well, at least no one in their right mind thinks that.

Well, the thing that got me mad about the 72 Phins comments was that he says....

"And once in the postseason, the Dolphins barely beat the Browns (20-14), Steelers (21-17) and Redskins (14-7). "

Barely beat? WTF?! You either win of you dont, and we beat every single one of them. THis guy is an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom