ESPN's Page 2 disses the 72 Dolphins & Ricky Williams! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Page 2 disses the 72 Dolphins & Ricky Williams!

Originally posted by Saint Greg

I read articles, i read this board, and i've watched 3-4 of your games this season.

The minor question was to prove a point. I was told no runningback could do well behind your line. But somehow he averages 6.5 yards per carry. You're backup should not average twice as many yards as your starter.

I never said anything about deuce. But since you brought it up, yes he is a much better back....and i think he'll 5 more good years after ricky is run into the ground.

A much better back? :lol: :rofl:

If you have actually watched a Dolphins game this year, you would know that Ricky has not seen a hole all year. If your offensive line doesn't make a hole, then you aren't going to do much. Ricky is met by defenders before he even gets to the line of scrimmage.

The biggest problem with our running game is not Ricky.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

A much better back? :lol: :rofl:

If you have actually watched a Dolphins game this year, you would know that Ricky has not seen a hole all year. If your offensive line doesn't make a hole, then you aren't going to do much. Ricky is met by defenders before he even gets to the line of scrimmage.

The biggest problem with our running game is not Ricky.

Ok your line hasn't opened a hole all year....i'll buy that. Like i say....i've seen 3-4 games this year. The oline is a big problem, i'm not arguing that. But i think ricky can do better. Nah maybe your right...it's 100% the offensive line. You have the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL....because a great back will do better than ricky has...behind any line.

Deuce has it all...He can run with power, speed, he can catch, block, and rarely fumbles. I think he might be the 2nd best all around RB in the NFL right now.

Originally posted by dolphinsrok
ricky, holmes, tomlinson, portis are better backs than duece

I'll give you holmes. I think Deuce and Tomlinson are pretty close. Portis is more of a speed back, can't run with the power that deuce can and he isn't as durable as deuce. Deuce is just as good a power runner as ricky, better speed runner, catches better, and fumbles less. It isn't close.

No McAllister is an excellent back. No downsides at all.

Originally posted by Jaj
No McAllister is an excellent back. No downsides at all.
i didn't say ricky was a better back. i was just answering the question about ricky not being a power runner!;)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
A better power runner than Ricky? Your kidding right?

I didn't say better....i said as good. He surprised me last year....i expected him to be a pure speed back...but he isn't. He can run right up the middle and move a pile...he constantly turns a no gain into a 2 or 3 yard gain. He is a good power runner.

I read articles, i read this board, and i've watched 3-4 of your games this season.

The minor question was to prove a point. I was told no runningback could do well behind your line. But somehow he averages 6.5 yards per carry. You're backup should not average twice as many yards as your starter.

I never said anything about deuce. But since you brought it up, yes he is a much better back....and i think he'll 5 more good years after ricky is run into the ground.

Thank you for proving me right.:D

You dont know anything about football..do you?

Minor may carry 6.5 yards a carry or whatever..but thats also from like 10 running plays.

I haven't heard anything on Deuce since he's been in the league.

Maybe I don't watch ESPN enough?

Portis, Holmes, Ricky, Tomlison, James (when he isn't all ****ed up), and maybe even Stephen Davis are better backs then Deuce.

I just remember all the **** Deuce was talking when he replaced Ricky in NO.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I haven't heard anything on Deuce since he's been in the league.

Maybe I don't watch ESPN enough?

Portis, Holmes, Ricky, Tomlison, James (when he isn't all ****ed up), and maybe even Stephen Davis are better backs then Deuce.

I just remember all the **** Deuce was talking when he replaced Ricky in NO.

You haven't heard anything on deuce? Ok....I guess you missed the pro bowl last year. He's 4th in the NFL in rushing right now.

Deuce talking ****? I can't believe that. Not at all. I'll have to ask you to give me a source on that one....there's no way that is true.

You haven't heard anything on deuce? Ok....I guess you missed the pro bowl last year. He's 4th in the NFL in rushing right now.

Deuce talking ****? I can't believe that. Not at all. I'll have to ask you to give me a source on that one....there's no way that is true.

Let's not bank anything on my memory :lol: but I thought I remember when Ricky was getting traded Deuce was talking about producing more for NO..something like that. Maybe it was Ricky just saying he would out rush Deuce that year (which he managed)..it was something to that extent.

You're right..I did miss the pro bowl last year. It's boring :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom