Etienne | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Etienne

macd123

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Normally I'd say don't spend a 1st or 2nd on a RB under any circumstances. But RBs and WRs are arguably our biggest need just now. Oline and front 7 are needs too but they are in a lot better shape than anticipated.

It's not the best Edge or DT class. But Etienne is elite. So I'm talking as a one off why not go and get the guy who's head and shoulders above everyone else, and is a safer bet than most potential picks, to try to sort the position for the next 4 years?

No 1st round RB's.

I'd normally agree with you, it's not a value position. The Oline has the biggest influence on the run game, as Mike Shanahan proved year after year. There's value in later rounds and UDFAs, like Gaskin, James Robinson and Jamycal Hasty.

But we can't afford another season with no run threat. We can't afford having nobody who can take it to the house. We can't afford to gamble and lose on a Ballage, Breida or Howard, and we definitely shouldn't pay big money to a guy like Leveon Bell. We need to sort the run game now if we're rolling with Tua or we'll be back looking for a QB and RBs again in a couple of years. Maybe it's time to just do the deal and get the position sorted for 4 years. A young guy who hasn't got miles on the clock, hasn't lost his juice and on a cheap contract.

You shouldn't draft a long snapper in the 6th either. But we're reaping the benefit of that now.

I’m good with Etienne or Harris with one of the 2nd round picks.

There were several really good RB prospects in the 2020 draft yet the first one didn’t come off the board until pick 32. I think they can spend their two #1’s on other areas and use one of the 2nd’s — one of which should still be high — on the RB.

Of course, perhaps they’ll trade down using one of their two 1st’s and they‘ll add even more ammo to get that guy in round 2.

If we get a stud defender like Parsons with that Houston 1st and Etienne with our 1st I am happy as Hell. Get a NT and a WR in the nd and we are set. People get to hung up on 1st or 2nd round. Our pick could be around 20 in the first and the Houston pick could be 34-35 in the 2nd. Are you telling me 15 slots is that big of a deal to get the best RB in the draft? Trust me there will be plenty of OL and DL sitting there in the 2nd.

I am sure we will wait until 34 and Etienne will be gone and possibly Harris. Why? So we get another stiff for the OL/DL that may or not pan out? Probably.

I’m good with Etienne or Harris with one of the 2nd round picks.

There were several really good RB prospects in the 2020 draft yet the first one didn’t come off the board until pick 32. I think they can spend their two #1’s on other areas and use one of the 2nd’s — one of which should still be high — on the RB.

Of course, perhaps they’ll trade down using one of their two 1st’s and they‘ll add even more ammo to get that guy in round 2.
They both could be gone by then. I want either Harris or Etienne. Part of the reason CEH was the first RB taken that late was because the WR class was so good and many went in the first round. The 2021 WR class is also good but should not have near the first round picks as in 2020. Also, 2020 had 5 very good RB's so teams felt they could wait till the 2nd round. 2021 only has two RB's that are that good so they might not last long. I don't buy into the "don't take a RB in the 1st round crap"........you draft the players that will help you win and tua needs some help so getting him a top RB would be a good thing.

I am not saying Etienne isn't really good, or Harris for that matter.

I am saying it is a poor use of your resources to draft a RB that high.

The league proves it.

It is foolish to draft that position high.

RB's almost literally grow on trees, and you do not need a great one.

Give me a solid RB group behind a strong OL every time.

The league proves it.

We have what 6 RB’s on our roster and they are all JAGS. For growing on trees we have some rotten fruit.

What did you think of Damien Williams when he was here? Trying to run behind a crappy OL.

Another "JAG"?

Then he goes to KC and plays great.

Put a roomful of "JAGS" behind a strong OL and you will run the ball well.

I do get where you're coming from. But we've signed 10 in the last 2 years and we've found one good one. Teams like the 49ers have about the same hit rate. If Fitz was starting next year we could be more patient but we can't put play making solely on Tua's shoulders or he'll come unstuck. Just look at Tannehill with Derrick Henry by his side (and a better Oline).

I'm not saying every year, but it's the right time to go and get a good one.

The league proves it.

I think that early 2nd round pick is where Miami may look for a running back.

I do believe that Etienne is best in class. Dynamic in the passing game as well. But Harris may be the best fit for Miami.

If they grow on trees how come we don't have a good one?
Needing one does not make it any smarter to overdraft one.

In fact, some might call that reaching for need.

And RB is probably the worst position on the field to reach for.

Look around the league. Find the teams that have in your opinion good RB situations. Now tll me how they acquired those players.

It won't be with first round picks.

Needing one does not make it any smarter to overdraft one.

In fact, some might call that reaching for need.

And RB is probably the worst position on the field to reach for.

Look around the league. Find the teams that have in your opinion good RB situations. Now tll me how they acquired those players.

It won't be with first round picks.

Almost every team in the league has one RB who was drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom