Evan Boehm Wants To Be A 'Dominant Physical Force' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Boehm Wants To Be A 'Dominant Physical Force'

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Guard Evan Boehm, who made his first start for the Dolphins last Sunday against the Los Angeles Chargers, seemed destined for success from his days at Lee’s Summit West High School in Missouri.
In his fourth NFL season, his travels have taken him to Miami, and he hopes this becomes his home for a long time to come.
”I’m happy to be here,” Boehm said during an interview on The Audible. “I’m glad to be here. I want to be a part of this team and help them win football games and do the right thing and show them that I’m not just some guy off the street who can’t play football. I want to go and I want to be a dominant physical force in the football game.”

It would definitely be awesome if him and Prince turned out to be 2 of the pieces that fixed the OL allowing us to use the picks or FA signees elsewhere.

If we could come out of the 2019 season finding a handful or so of unexpected players to go into the 2020 season and beyond that are capable.. it would be a ‘win’.

Lee’s Summit West is about 40 minutes from me. Represent the KC area well! Better than Charles Harris anyway. Hope he improves.

Going from practically zero pieces, to Dieter and Boehm solving guard for us would be freaking amazing.

I don't know what the future holds at Tackle (Jesse Davis, Isaiah Prince), but good Guard play has eluded us for many seasons.

Put that Center from Wisconsin next year between Boehm and Dieter and hopefully we will finally fix our interior OL. Now bring in an experienced OT as a free agent and draft another one with one of our higher picks and we may end up fixing our whole OL.

That Wisconsin Center is projected as a first rounder.
This board would lose its mind if we drafted a center in the first round.
But I don't disagree with your statement; if we could just get him in round 2.

Going from practically zero pieces, to Dieter and Boehm solving guard for us would be freaking amazing.

I don't know what the future holds at Tackle (Jesse Davis, Isaiah Prince), but good Guard play has eluded us for many seasons.
Dieter is our worst lineman right now so I hope that changes going forward. I really hope he works out because I'm over this guard curse we have been dealing with here.

That Wisconsin Center is projected as a first rounder.
This board would lose its mind if we drafted a center in the first round.
But I don't disagree with your statement; if we could just get him in round 2.
Don't disagree with your comments but have wondered how important is the center/QB combo?
Thinking back to Langer/Greise or Stephenson/Marino the early years, the trust between them must be important as great timing and snapping in place plus the protection issue would allow the QB more time and confidence to read the field and make decisions.

Boehm is playing well (as much as anyone can on this team right now) and I like his potential. But I can't help but think that going back to the draft he was always projected better as a Center than Guard. Perhaps next season sees him replacing Kilgore and Miami drafting a larger, stronger RG better equipped for the position. I mean, does anyone think Dan Kilgore is going to make it through an entire season at this point -- and he's already got one foot into retirement as it is.

Don't disagree with your comments but have wondered how important is the center/QB combo?
Thinking back to Langer/Greise or Stephenson/Marino the early years, the trust between them must be important as great timing and snapping in place plus the protection issue would allow the QB more time and confidence to read the field and make decisions.
Brady has said C is most important position. NE offense works inside out. The C and G positions are most important.
Drafting Baidasz in the 1st is a no brainer. Humphreys is an option as well.

Back
Top Bottom