Evan Boehm Wants To Be A 'Dominant Physical Force' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Boehm Wants To Be A 'Dominant Physical Force'

Going from practically zero pieces, to Dieter and Boehm solving guard for us would be freaking amazing.

I don't know what the future holds at Tackle (Jesse Davis, Isaiah Prince), but good Guard play has eluded us for many seasons.
Dieter isn't all that. Not yet anyway.

I do know how important that center is...I think always the best players should be drafted, and I am OK with a center in the late first, especially if we have traded down some with our picks.
I just wonder what the reaction of the board would be.

Brady has said C is most important position. NE offense works inside out. The C and G positions are most important.
Drafting Baidasz in the 1st is a no brainer. Humphreys is an option as well.
I'm in full agreement about getting the best C available in the draft & letting him grow with the new QB. As far as Round 1 goes, this would be my ideal:

1a) TUA/FROMM
1b) JUEDY
1c) BAIDASZ

If Boehm and Dieter both show out the rest of the year (at least enough to give them a shot in 2020), what do you do with Davis? It would be a big win if Mia currently has 3 OL they can move forward with. Prince would be a wild-card, but if you only had to go get 2 guys (albeit tackles which is very difficult to get), this would give Mia so much more flexibility in the draft and FA. I'd like to see them get the best C avail in the first round, as that position is crucial.

One reason to tap the breaks on this guy:

Guges coached him last year in Indy. And when he got here with Isidora, who looked meh, Isidora started immediately.

If we could come out of the 2019 season finding a handful or so of unexpected players to go into the 2020 season and beyond that are capable.. it would be a ‘win’.

That’s what I’m hopping for when I watch games after the season finishes keeps things interesting and enjoyable

If Boehm and Dieter both show out the rest of the year (at least enough to give them a shot in 2020), what do you do with Davis? It would be a big win if Mia currently has 3 OL they can move forward with. Prince would be a wild-card, but if you only had to go get 2 guys (albeit tackles which is very difficult to get), this would give Mia so much more flexibility in the draft and FA. I'd like to see them get the best C avail in the first round, as that position is crucial.

You always need good back ups

IMO, DAVIS is a RT/swing T. If we can draft or sign enough quality OL to move DAVIS out of the starting lineup & let him be the 1st OL off the bench, then we will have an above average to very good OL. That's just me & my opinion. :D

That Wisconsin Center is projected as a first rounder.
This board would lose its mind if we drafted a center in the first round.
But I don't disagree with your statement; if we could just get him in round 2.
Getting him with one of our 2nd rnd picks would be a steal! And i think that most posters here are smart enough to know that having a top center anchor our line will be worth one of our first round picks, specially our last one in round one.

No idea why they flirted with Davenport and Isadora but it would be awesome to finally see an OLman actually develop in Miami for once. That goes for Deiter, Boehm and Prince. Boehm was only drafted in 2016 but I liked him as a mid-round prospect coming out.

All of these guys have a lot to prove yet but it would be much nicer if we could fill other holes next year. I do like Biadasz at center.

What if Prince really shows out? Do you leave Davis at left tackle? I doubt it.

I also have no idea why they extended Davis on a 5M per year deal even though I Iike him. I don't like him for that much. If we do draft Tua, that means we end up with Davis as a blind side protector? Is that what you want? We didn't really get to see him much on the right side.

Odds are only one of this group ends up being the long term answer....possibly two.

If Boehm or Deiter become above average with the other being average, that's very good. For now it's only hope, but given Miami's hx with OGs, hope is something fans haven't seen.
I also hope Davis can be an average RT. OLs don't have to have (and never have had) 5 All Pros)

Boehm is a center. Period. He is playing guard for the Dolphins out of necessity.

Deiter is going to be a very good LG going forward for many years. The reason his grades plummeted was because when he was moved to LT when Jesse Davis hurt his elbow, it was extremely damaging to his grades in limited snaps.

There is no point whatsoever in using a 1st round pick on center IF? IF? we are able to sign Boehm to a reasonable long term deal. We would still draft Center/OG prospect, but with a mid round or late pick.

Dolphins should definitely target Tristan Wirfs. It is a no lose scenario. Even if Davenport and Prince take the next step and become good solid starting tackles, Wirfs projects as an All Pro RG. If the other tackles don't work out Wirfs is playing OT right now.

Back
Top Bottom