Even more proof we need a stud at QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even more proof we need a stud at QB

Guess that answers the qeustions from last year in particular. "How can a team have the leading rusher, sack leader, runner up for D player of the year, a top D with multpile pro bowlers and miss the playoffs?" UUUUUUUMMMMMMMM as Jay! Dont let the door hit you on the A$$ on the way out.:booty:

He makes some good points...for this year! The whole "who needs what to win when" argument is cyclical and it changes every single year. When Baltimore won the Super Bowl everyone was saying it takes a great running game and an even better defense to win it all. With the current field of playoff teams people are now saying it takes a high powered offense and a solid QB to win big. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is who gets hot when and who is able to match up best against their opponents.

All of these arguments are nice but let's face it, in today's NFL there is no one way to win or one thing that gets "it" done, it's a combination of a lot of factors and some luck to boot.

Originally posted by Section126
B R U N N E L

Sounds like you are going to have a little competion for his services, I have heard Dallas, Raiders, Steelers, and the Ravens not sure why the Ravens want him with Kyle Boller being healthy next year.

In Baltimores case, that truly was a defense for the ages. When your winning games with points like 6, 9 and 13 coming from your offense, it's a miracle.

It also was the QB changes which sparked both Baltimore, and New England to their Super Bowl wins. Had they stuck with the opening day starter throughout the regular season, no way they make the playoffs, let alone win the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by pats4life

Sounds like you are going to have a little competion for his services, I have heard Dallas, Raiders, Steelers, and the Ravens not sure why the Ravens want him with Kyle Boller being healthy next year.

He said he wanted to play here..........it was his first choice, if we offer him a contract he will sign with us.

Then I would say its done then just make sure you sign him before Parcells calls, we had Richie Anderson all but signed until Parcells calls and talks him into visiting Dallas and the rest is history :(

Originally posted by Section126
I think dallas keeps Quincy one more year though.......

Yea you more than likely correct, I think Jimmy Jones came out a week or so ago and said Quincy is the man, not my choice but that is the Cowboys problem.

we need to solidify the OL and QB positions. Hard to say which is more critical for us since no QB will do anything w/o a better OL ag the better D's of this league (not the Jets). But getting a new higher profile QB like Brunnell is easier to do that getting 4 new OLmen.

Originally posted by dolphan39
we need to solidify the OL and QB positions. Hard to say which is more critical for us since no QB will do anything w/o a better OL ag the better D's of this league (not the Jets). But getting a new higher profile QB like Brunnell is easier to do that getting 4 new OLmen.

True and that's why, iMO, we should draft a QB with our 1st pick and then work on OL and WR the rest of the draft and FA.

We need a defense that doesn't choke away 11 point leads with 4 minutes left and an offense with a QB that can win games when needed and not "manage" them.

Originally posted by Bumrush
We need a defense that doesn't choke away 11 point leads with 4 minutes left and an offense with a QB that can win games when needed and not "manage" them.

You are a year late...............

LOL it still STINGS me like it was yesterday... Don't know why, but I can't get that game out of my head.. 2002 could have been our year :(

Back
Top Bottom