Every drop back of Tua’s first 2 seasons | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every drop back of Tua’s first 2 seasons

Nevermind that 2 different sites give a stat called pressures, and both places dont come up with it the same way. Perfect storm of bad takes and endless debate...
It's subjective at best.

Regardless of any stat, it's painfully obvious that our line was poor and porous. I don't need any stats to come to that conclusion.

Would it surprise you to learn that Josh Allen was the most pressured QB in the league this year? If you have the ability it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything. He also was the highest ranked QB against pressure in the league.

in todays league if your QB needs a clean pocket and the threat of the run game you need yourself a QB
That's weird considering the teams in the playoffs have both.

Last edited:

But I thought

Episode 2 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

….. except when they don’t fit your narrative… then it’s bull$hit, right?

Would it surprise you to learn that Josh Allen was the most pressured QB in the league this year? If you have the ability it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything. He also was the highest ranked QB against pressure in the league.

in todays league if your QB needs a clean pocket and the threat of the run game you need yourself a QB
Go tell that to Dan Marino. 😂

Not saying Oline doesnt matter, just tired of the excuses we make for a guy that can never throw more than 7 yards due to the horrible O line. Mahomes comparison is a joke, he gets out of the pocket and makes brilliant plays. One playoff game doesnt define his career. Poor comparison man.

Oh I don't know, maybe this had something to do with it...final Oline rankings, Brady's Bucs were 2nd, Green Bay, 14th BTQ

View attachment 92311
I get it, the OL sucks, but youre missing the point. When is Tua going to evade that rush and make a play? Almost every time he tries to escape, he gets touched and tackled or throws in the ground right in front of an open receiver.

Not saying Oline doesnt matter, just tired of the excuses we make for a guy that can never throw more than 7 yards due to the horrible O line. Mahomes comparison is a joke, he gets out of the pocket and makes brilliant plays. One playoff game doesnt define his career. Poor comparison man.
I'm sorry you're tired of facts. The comparison is how he performs when the OL isn't. A QB cannot do his job behind this kind of line. The fact that you can't understand how 5 players can effect plays is mind boggling and is the joke in this scenario.

And on your next post, you don't seem to realize he's escaping on every single play and that's why passes are coming out in under 2 seconds. So yes, when there is a line breakdown every time, there's going to be some sloppy QB play.

Does Tua under throw? Yes.
Does Tua need some footwork improvement? Yes.

Does that dismiss that fact that this may be the worst line in NFL history? No.

It is 100% fact that a QB needs an OL to succeed. You may not want to believe it, but they are not irrelevant.

I like to watch the 2020 Cardinals game and think, there is good QB play there and a clutch performance. How do we get that out of Tua much more consistently?

I’m a Tuafan but I can admit we don’t roll the pocket because Tua can’t throw on the move without risking planting his feet except a 3 yard out to the left. Dependence on heavy RPO system doesn’t help an inexperienced OL situation any either.

I think the delay of knowing whether to run or pass block made us more suspectable to stunts. Also, lack of outside run plays since Tua can’t roll out and the RB is crashing the middle on RPOs allows DLs to play more aggressive.

That being said, if we can get a dominant OL, I believe Tua can chew up the middle of defense that is in conflict on having to help in the running game.

I'm sorry you're tired of facts. The comparison is how he performs when the OL isn't. A QB cannot do his job behind this kind of line. The fact that you can't understand how 5 players can effect plays is mind boggling and is the joke in this scenario.

And on your next post, you don't seem to realize he's escaping on every single play and that's why passes are coming out in under 2 seconds. So yes, when there is a line breakdown every time, there's going to be some sloppy QB play.

Does Tua under throw? Yes.
Does Tua need some footwork improvement? Yes.

Does that dismiss that fact that this may be the worst line in NFL history? No.

It is 100% fact that a QB needs an OL to succeed. You may not want to believe it, but they are not irrelevant.
Id agree, Tua would be better behind a good Offensive Line, but my point is that other QBs make plays behind poor OL all the time. He is no real threat to run and doesnt have the ability to escape the rush in order to make a play. Thats what I am saying. I get it, the OL isnt good, but its the same excuse always. So next season you get better OL players, but then it will be the receivers cant get open, he doesnt have a running game, we lost Waddle to injury, Gesicki left in FA, etc.

Good QBS carry a team, Tua is average in the NFL. He hasnt shown he can carry a team. Teams bull rush Josh Allen all the time and he finds ways to escape the pocket and buy time to throw. Deshaun Watson has a horrible OL his rookie year and the year after. They traded tons of capital to Miami to get Tunsil. Watson still threw for 30+ TD and 4000 yards, with a garbage OL. Thats a FACT.

No... im not tired of facts.

I get it, the OL sucks, but youre missing the point. When is Tua going to evade that rush and make a play? Almost every time he tries to escape, he gets touched and tackled or throws in the ground right in front of an open receiver.
Well unless you only watched the Titans game that last part is definitely not true. There were plenty of flashes of stepping out of the pocket, including the last game against the Patriots. How many times did Tua typically gets a clean pocket in a game, One? Two? When the pocket is constantly collapsing, rolling out is definitely more difficult. I think his evasion skills are just fine

Id agree, Tua would be better behind a good Offensive Line, but my point is that other QBs make plays behind poor OL all the time. He is no real threat to run and doesnt have the ability to escape the rush in order to make a play. Thats what I am saying. I get it, the OL isnt good, but its the same excuse always. So next season you get better OL players, but then it will be the receivers cant get open, he doesnt have a running game, we lost Waddle to injury, Gesicki left in FA, etc.

Good QBS carry a team, Tua is average in the NFL. He hasnt shown he can carry a team. Teams bull rush Josh Allen all the time and he finds ways to escape the pocket and buy time to throw. Deshaun Watson has a horrible OL his rookie year and the year after. They traded tons of capital to Miami to get Tunsil. Watson still threw for 30+ TD and 4000 yards, with a garbage OL. Thats a FACT.

No... im not tired of facts.
Watson still had one of the best LT's in football with Tunsil on his blind side though, who had a great year. Tua had nothing remotely close to that in 2021

What I'll say about that is if Marino had some semblance of a run game, he might have a couple rings.
I agree which is why they were flirting with trying to bring Barry Sanders here back in the day. Imagine Marino and Sanders. What a 1-2 punch that would’ve been.

Back
Top Bottom