Every thread I do I am criticized. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every thread I do I am criticized.

finfan4life8956

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have done probably 4 threads, and all 4 were regarding my optimistic opinion about the dolphins, you know where we are, what we can do, where we will be, possibile 2006 stats among star players, possible trade options and things like that. Unfortunetly every single thread I am criticized by 95% of the people that reply. I dont understand why I mean I havent said anything like Zach sucks. All I have done is interject my opinion and the reason I do it is to get feedback, I was hoping it would be positive feedback from other optimistic Dolphin Fans. My opinions and ideas are not that far fetched. Some of these people should be more open minded. Now I do respect peoples opinion if they disagree with me, that is cool, I like that. But when people start posting things along the lines of "this guy is a joke" or "He obviolusly dosent know anything about football" and "this post is ******ed" that is a deferent story.

Hey man,

Welcome to the boards. Dont give up. Keep on posting well-thought arguments and your voice will eventually be heard for what it is. Theres no secret agenda against you. :)

finfan4life8956 said:
I have done probably 4 threads, and all 4 were regarding my optimistic opinion about the dolphins, you know where we are, what we can do, where we will be, possibile 2006 stats among star players, possible trade options and things like that. Unfortunetly every single thread I am criticized by 95% of the people that reply. I dont understand why I mean I havent said anything like Zach sucks. All I have done is interject my opinion and the reason I do it is to get feedback, I was hoping it would be positive feedback from other optimistic Dolphin Fans. My opinions and ideas are not that far fetched. Some of these people should be more open minded. Now I do respect peoples opinion if they disagree with me, that is cool, I like that. But when people start posting things along the lines of "this guy is a joke" or "He obviolusly dosent know anything about football" and "this post is ******ed" that is a deferent story.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've had rude responses and borderline threats to some of my posts, but that is the nature of message boards. People who would never be confrontational in person are "message board bullies". They thrive in anonymity. Other people just don't know how to deal with people in a civilized manner. It's sort of a microcosm of society. You'll find some people who are decent here and others who are pompous *******s.

There you go. Positive feedback.

Seriously, though, don't worry about what others say, or at least, don't take it personally. The internet affords anonymity that allows people to sometimes check their manners at the door and type things they would never say face to face.

Disagreement is fine here. It's what makes these discussions interesting. Hopefully people retain some kindness in the process.

finfan4life8956 said:

FinFan...I am new to this site also. Maybe 4 posts or so... I feel your pain, but don't worry, many of us, including myself, are guilty of being the most optimistic Dolphins fans there are. I know I am. I rarely post my views though, as I get more entertainment and updates from reading what garbage other people post (albeit some are pretty good).

Nonetheless, you should get over it. People would rather engage in conflict and controversy, because that's what generates curiosity, humor, and fodder for the rest of us. I have disagreed with some of your posts in the past, but that is immaterial; nothing major. My opinion of your posts do not matter. The only one that matters is your own. Opinions naturally invite dissent, because like ***holes, everyone has one. Try posing your ideas as "questions" that others can respond to.

Although I am a football, and Dolphins junkie, I admit I know much less about esoteric rules, strategic requirements of the 3-4 defense, and NFL back office schedules, and I do not have the time to spend all day here posting meaningless vapor out of my head. But I do enjoy reading the BS, a the stats, and yes, flames. Keep in mind...you cannot give what is not your to give, so people throwing flames, must themselves, be flamers. So keep your head up. Optimistic Fins Unite!

Now, it is time for me to laugh at myself and let the flames begin...:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sleep::m83::fire:

finfan4life8956 said:

Don't worry Bro, everybody gets their chops busted at some point. Don't let it bother you and just keep on posting. :up:

Sounds like some pretty good advice so far in this thread, I hope you're taking it. :)

Yeah don't get discouraged...I've had the same kind of problem with my first couple of threads, but just ignore the people who are just out to start a fight...Most Finheaveners are generally good with their opinions, so keep on trucking man!

Nice Post!

1If you want to avoid mindless pot shot posts you should join VIP where criticism is based on arguments.

If you are not prepared to do that then just develop a thick skin or use the ignore feature.

Also consider posting in existing threads rather than starting new ones. Usually people that are brand new and start posting thread after thread of their personal opinion gets on peoples nerves pretty quick.

Surferosa said:
Hey man,

Welcome to the boards. Dont give up. Keep on posting well-thought arguments and your voice will eventually be heard for what it is. Theres no secret agenda against you. :)

Heh, heh, heh, good... that means my secret is still safe!

I mean, yeah, just what Surferosa just said. No secret agendas around here! No sirree Bob! Go on, nothing more to see in this post. Carry on as you were. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Back
Top Bottom