Everyone is always right... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone is always right...

frostbytze

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well, being from the northeast and being one of the biggest Fins fans around, it baffles me some of the stuff I hear, read, see, etc. Being that I live in Eagles country, I 've heard some crazy stuff this week after that horrible performance they had last weekend in the NFC championship. The reason I bring up the Eagles is because I hear all these fans call in radio stations and complain about what went wrong. We need wide outs! We need a new coach! We need a running back! Blah Blah Blah. All this garbage make me think about the problems that continue to haunt our beloved Dolphins. I think about everything thats wrong with my team and I've come to a conclusion...

Jay Fielder..hmmphh... what can I say what hasn't been said already. The guy blew it on several oppurtunities, so on and so forth. Well, basically, if you had that offensive line to stand behind, you'd suck too. I am in no way defending the 'black-clouded" Jay, (Interceptions and Fumbles aside) but come on, if you look at the stats, the guy is 4th QB in the Wins rankings just behind McNabb, Manning and Brady. Not bad company. Nor to shabby. Everyone kisses his butt when he does great, but hates him when he's one big ball of suck. Think about it. The QB sitaution needs to be seriously addressed, but not at top priority.

The offensive line...ugghh...what can I say about a line makes me sick everytime I watch them move. They provide Ricky with no room. The guy just barely hit 1500 yards this season, and he was lucky to get that! Feidler and Griese were creamed on several occassions due guards who missed blocks like it was their job. IF I had a dollar for every missed block, I'd own the team. The backs need bigger and more holes. The QB's need some time to throw. That area needs the most improvement. Make it top priority. What good are these phenomenal WR's when the QB's face has been plowed into the dirt and the defense is running it back all because some guy fell asleep or was too out of shape to do his job, Jaime Nails!!!!! (You were released from Buffalo for a reason! DO YOUR JOB!)

You know, with Marino, we didn't have a decent running game and a semi-decent OL. And no D. However, Dan always made up for that. Sure the guy was sacked, but many a time avoided it due to the cannon he has as a left arm. In memory, it's wonderful to think about, buy back here in reality, we don't have that anymore. Every team is a puzzle of six pieces. DL, Secondary, Running game, OL, wide outs and OB's. We have four of those pieces. How hard is this to fix? This game is so corrupted by money, why not throw some money at these FA's and fix it??? It worked in Tampa, St. Louis and New England. Why not here? And why is there no talk about some of these experienced young QB's around the league? John Kitna didn't look half bad this year. Nor did Tim Couch. He may be older, but why not try Kurt Warner? It couldn't hurt us. And the biggest dissapointment is A.J. Feeley. The Dolphins love Eagles 3rd string leftovers (Feilder, Freeman). Why not look at someone worth looking at? I'm convinced he's the NFL's best kept secret. If we don't sign him, someone else will and he'll dominate wherever he goes. I'm 100% sure of that.

Laugh if you like. Sneer if you like, but just like you, I'm a fan, so I'm right in a way. We all are. It's time these owners start listening to the people who pay the bills rather than those who spend their money. We deserve a championship G** D*** IT! Because if I hear one more Eagles fan whine that they didn't make it past the NFC Championship for the THIRD straight year, I'm gonna puke. Hell, atleast they made the playoffs.

All's Fair in Love and Football,
-Frost:fire:

QB is top priorty Fiedler had 4 years to prove himself and he did'nt. The was better prior to this year so there is no excuse Fiedler would throw one of the prettiest passes on position and the next position throw the same pass an miss by 5 yards or more.

Fiedler should be gone.

Originally posted by Noland
QB is top priorty Fiedler had 4 years to prove himself and he did'nt. The was better prior to this year so there is no excuse Fiedler would throw one of the prettiest passes on position and the next position throw the same pass an miss by 5 yards or more.

Fiedler should be gone.

Can't roll with ya on that one Noland. OL has to be put before QB.

That said they can fix both.

Hey, I whole heartedly agree! Don't get me wrong, the guy hasn't been the answer for some time now. But no QB short of a super scrambler is gonna work behind that line.

-Frost

first off, welcome. i think you'll like it here. consider this your respit from that eagles drivle. by the way, i origionally hale from the other side of philly.

i gotta agree with you on all accept two ponits; 1. Nails. gotta ease up a little there. he is recovering from an injury that usally takes 18-24 months to fully recover from. it took marino almost 18 mo's to recover from a smilar injury. in fact, he never fully recovered. nails returned in less than 12. he should be much better and stronger next season as he is able to really train now. 2. this is petty but i gotta say something, marino is right handed.

"Sure the guy was sacked, but many a time avoided it due to the cannon he has as a left arm."

:lol: LOL...I knew someone would hit me with that. I didn't realize that until after I posted. Ugghh. But as far as Nails goes, my best friend is a huge Bills fan, and after a couple years of Nails bashing, maybe it wore off on me. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as far as the injury goes. Hopefully, next year health will prevail and he'll be better and I will be the first to say I stand corrected. I guess he deserves another chance to prove himself. I mean we gave Fielder 4 YEARS!?!?! (That hurts my brain when I think about it)

-Frost

he spent a year out of football because of his weight. we released him that year from pre-season camp. he was pushing 400 lbs. when we re-signed him two seasons ago he was a respectable 335 and was a big reason ricky rushed for 1800 yards. he was athletic enough to pull and block down-field that year. his weight has been a nock on him his entire career. he should be fine this season if he works out and keeps his weight down.

i'm not a fiedler basher, but i think we need to look elsewhere. if we are gonna keep one of the two, BG or JF, i'd rather restucture BG and let JF go. personally the only qb we shoud keep, in my opinion, is sage.

Well, Fiedler is too inconsistent and Griese's toe is gonna haunt him. Keep Sage. He's decent and hasn't sucked thus far. I totally agree with a complete QB overhaul.

No more excuses for Fiedler..after 1 year..I believed, after 2 years..I still believed, after 3 years..I still believed, after 4 years..goodbye Jay! I've heard every excuse..bad O-line..Chan Gaily's simplistic playbook...he was handcuffed..he has no weapons..ENOUGH!..he is not good enough for a team with title hopes. Detroit?..sure...Arizona?..probably..Miami..No More!

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Can't roll with ya on that one Noland. OL has to be put before QB.

That said they can fix both.

Well I can't roll with you and neither will management you Fiedler huggers can just get over it Our first move will be QB possibly our first two moves is that so hard to understand?

HEre's my question. Who's a Feidler hugger? Cause I hope you aint looking this way. Your weren't sitting next to me every Sunday every time that mule dropped or the overthrew the ball. Watching that man play while sitting at a bar was really a bad move. The guy almost drove me to drink. So you won't get any Feidler, Greise nor Wannstedt support in this corner.

i wouldn't be surprised if we get a vet, such as brunell AND draft a QB in the first. i wouldn't stop at just 3, i might bring in 4 or five and let the dust settle were it settles.

the O-line can be fixed in the latter rounds and with a couple FA aquisitions. we still have some untested talent on the team to evaluate.

You really think they'll go for Brunell? Aren't there a couple of other more credible vets out there? Let's just hope Danno can smack some sense into Wanny when it comes to this issue.

for what he would play for and who is out there, if we also draft i think brunell would be ideal. he has maybe 2-3 good seasons left. he has been on the bench much of this past season and will be fresh next.

yes, he would be good. i think he is at or near the top of the vet wish list.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
for what he would play for and who is out there, if we also draft i think brunell would be ideal. he has maybe 2-3 good seasons left. he has been on the bench much of this past season and will be fresh next.

yes, he would be good. i think he is at or near the top of the vet wish list.

I agree I like Brunnel I don't know why everyone is so down on him He could definatly play the conservative role and not lose the games Ricky is still our main ingrediaNT we don't really need anyone any better than Brunell and think he would be fine and probably not that expensive::(

Back
Top Bottom