Everyone is always right... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone is always right...

Welcome aboard and a decent post overall. I do have to points of contention however: 1) Ricky rushed for just under 1400 yards, not barely over 1500 yards and 2) Fiedler- whatever else he might be- is not a fumbler. Sure he throws his share of picks but when the guy gets nailed behind the line (another thing he's very good at avoiding given the circumstances) he rarely coughs it up and, when he does, it's usually as the result of a nasty hit. While I can't find the stats I venture to say Fiedler had three or fewer fumbles lost this season.

Just a tip for the future: double check your facts before you post because there are certain people who will tear you a new one if you don't.

Once again, welcome aboard! :D

In my rush to get my responses up, your right, i may have missed a few facts. Yes, Ricky rushed under 1400, I was told 1500 by another post, but oh well. Last time I dont look it up. And 2. Fumbles were meant in Greise's direction. And yes, each time either one of these guys coughed it up, they got creamed from behind. But regardless of the facts, watching the performance of these 2 in more than 50% of the games this season led me and millions of others straight into the arms of the porcelain goddess. But your point is well taken. And thanx for the welcome! Thanx. :D

Fiedler hugger? Me? LMAO!

Naaaa...I just simply made a point that the O-line is just as responsible. Would a better QB realize that his line is weak and make adjustments around it? Especially with a few games on the sidelines to see how everything goes? Hell yes.

Fiedler Hugger ...FEEd-ler HUG-ger.....adjective.....A juvenile expression used by some posters in order to classify anyone who doesn't agree that Jay Fiedler is the worst QB ever to play the game.....A term that is often used as an insult to other posters.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Fiedler Hugger ...FEEd-ler HUG-ger.....adjective.....A juvenile expression used by some posters in order to classify anyone who doesn't agree that Jay Fiedler is the worst QB ever to play the game.....A term that is often used as an insult to other posters.

Thank-you Sir. You're a gentleman and a scholar! :D

Originally posted by inFINSible

I agree. It's childish and is meant to be condescending. And it gives off an air of arrogance.

Simply put, I don't like it. And I'd rather not see it. hunter5nc1, re-read the post you were responding to. Your criticism was inaccurate. And you made yourself out to be a fortune teller. You have no idea what we'll address first. Honestly, what does it matter?? As long as they fix both positions.

You left yourself open for all kinds of mockery. Fortunately, this board is comprised of classy posters for the most part.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Can't roll with ya on that one Noland. OL has to be put before QB.

That said they can fix both.

I agree with the first statement. But in the second you said they can fix both, I think they can address both, fixing it isn't likely.

Originally posted by frostbytze
: I mean we gave Fielder 4 YEARS!?!?! (That hurts my brain when I think about it)

-Frost

I know I will be blasted for this, but we gave DM 17 years, how many SB rings do we have again to show for it? So is the problem really the QB? I vote OL first, then QB, then WR's.

I would say OLine first .. depending and once again .. this entirely depends on where and who is available when we draft ... and who is available and who we can afford in Free Agency. If we can get a quality QB in the Draft ... then do it ... but yes I think OLine is a bigger issue and can probably be worked out easier than the Quarterback position.

IMO, order of importance

1) O-line - FA
2) WR - draft
3) QB - FA/draft if possible.

Originally posted by jbond
IMO, order of importance

1) O-line - FA
2) WR - draft
3) QB - FA/draft if possible.

Hear hear.

And if we don't get a good solid guy out of the draft, has to be a priority next draft.

that's the truth. hell, i'd almost say forget drafting a QB this year at all. If we can pick up Brunell or someone (?) great....if not.....do our best to address the first 2 (Oline/WR) and then next year trade 3-5 picks to get in the top 3 to get the best QB in the draft. It's not like we're going to get the best-rated QB now....so why not try for next year's best QB and fix our other 2 glaring, more important problems this year, and let our new FA QB train the youngin the following year.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Hear hear.

And if we don't get a good solid guy out of the draft, has to be a priority next draft.

Thats why i dont understand all the WR talk still. Everyone hates jay understandably and wants to see him go, but im afraid that if the Oline doesnt get taken care of then Brunell or our rookie or whoever will just end up looking as bad and then what are we all going to say? I know exactly what we'll say.......... F---! We got no Oline!

WR because without having a solid #2 guy, they can double chambers and stack the line with 8 players, leaving single coverage on our crappy #2 guy. This kills Ricky, i.e. our running game, and also puts more people in front of the O-line to worry about blocking and making holes through. Most Olines facing 8man fronts every game will get worn out quicker. A solid #2 WR helps keep the safeties and MLB back (less blitzing), opens up our passing game, keeps the Defense honest (rather then allowing us to be 1 dimensional) and allow more holes to be made for our running game.

That's about it :)

Back
Top Bottom