Everyone please read!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone please read!!!!

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about trading / cutting Madison.
THIS CANNOT / WILL NOT happen. It would do us NO good. It would create 6.952 million in dead cap space with NO SAVINGS. It would put us 0.652 million IN THE RED. He will be here next season for sure. We have no choice. The only thing that can be hoped for is a paycut, but he holds the cards, because he knows releasing him hurts the team more than helping the team.

I NEEDED TO CLEAR THIS UP FOR EVERYONE, SO ALL OF THIS MADISON TALK STOPS!!!
WE ARE STUCK WITH HIM, GOOD OR BAD!!!

Does this mean the TALK IS BACK ON!!!!?????? :tongue:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Trading him saves $2 million on 2004
i just can't get a handle on madison. sometimes he acts like he could care less and then other times he's so upset he gets a 15 yd penalty!:confused:

Dang it, can't the NFL like expand again so we can put him in the expansion draft? :lol:

Originally posted by Muck
Does this mean the TALK IS BACK ON!!!!?????? :tongue:

Yes, I believe it does. Our resident cap-ologist has spoken, thus, it is so.:judge:

:lol:

Trading him saves $2 million on 2004

CALLING CLUMP
Where did you get that info???
I pulled this off of this site.

http://www.thefinforum.com/SiteContent/Content/SalaryCap2.htm

I also did the math from nflpa.org.
His contract runs through 2007.
signing bonus 1.738 mil per year x 4 years left = -6.952 mil hit
- 6.952 mil + 6.3 mil salary 2004= -0.652 mil in the red if trade/cut

Show me how this is wrong??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying my numbers are more accurate, but here's my calculations

His bonus money for 2007 is only $321,714 because he restructured a couple of years ago.

I have his bonus money at $1,978,857 for 2004-2006 and $321,714 for 2007. That adds up to only $6,258,285. His cap hit for 2004 is $8,278,857-$6,258,285=$2,020,572 cap savings on 2004

When figuring out the cap savings, take the cap hit and then subtract the accelerated bonus (I've made this error a few times ;) ).

The above paragraph is valid for trade anytime in 2004 and release prior to June 1st, 2004

It also can't be a dead topic because there is always the option of holding on to him untill June 1st, and then cutting him. That would give us 8mill+ of free cap space after June 1st. We could also give him that as an option to make him restrucure. That would seriously alter his chance of making big money anywhere else, so he might have more incentive to do so.

Hey...lets keep this thread going so everytime I get notified that someone on Finheaven replied to this post...i get another chance to look at vida....wow what a hot women!!!

Originally posted by Dajesus
It also can't be a dead topic because there is always the option of holding on to him untill June 1st, and then cutting him. That would give us 8mill+ of free cap space after June 1st. We could also give him that as an option to make him restrucure. That would seriously alter his chance of making big money anywhere else, so he might have more incentive to do so.

Releasing him after June 1st would save his salary of $6.3 million. One yr worth of amortization would count vs 2004 cap and all the rest, approx. $4.3 million, would be "dead cap" on 2005

Releasing him would be stupid. This defense has been put in the position to fail by the SYSTEM (Dave Wannestedt's system).

Do you know of a winning team that plays a base 4-3 with man coverage as much as we do?

Not saying my numbers are more accurate, but here's my calculations

His bonus money for 2007 is only $321,714 because he restructured a couple of years ago.

I have his bonus money at $1,978,857 for 2004-2006 and $321,714 for 2007. That adds up to only $6,258,285. His cap hit for 2004 is $8,278,857-$6,258,285=$2,020,572 cap savings on 2004

When figuring out the cap savings, take the cap hit and then subtract the accelerated bonus (I've made this error a few times ;) ).

The above paragraph is valid for trade anytime in 2004 and release prior to June 1st, 2004

What you are saying is when the salary was guaranteed which makes it a signing bonus that they also extended the contract one year. The report I have just says restructure not extention. Please post the report. Better yet if you have the original contract details please post. I'm all in favor of getting things right not who is right.

Tue, 4 Sep 2001
The Sun Sentinel's Alex Marvez reports Miami Dolphins CB Sam Madison agreed to restructure his contract in June to give the Dolphins an additional $1.9 million in cap room. He was to earn $2.7 million this season, but he will now receive a 2001 base salary of $448,000 with the rest converted to guaranteed salary. That $2.252 million now counts as signing bonus and is prorated over the final seven years of the contract.

At first glance it seems wrong but there is no denying take away 8 and add back 6 does save 2.

Back
Top Bottom