Everyone should save this to their desktop | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone should save this to their desktop

Looking at the chart.....I think we should trade pick 141 and 173 to Atlanta for 119. Too much gap form 70 to 141.

You have to remember that these charts are just guidelines.

Draft picks do not have a literal numerical value.

All teams have slightly different versions of these charts.

But they do help give you an idea of trade up/trade down possibilites.

That chart says that if Miami wanted to move up from 18 to 13 to grab an OT they would have to give SF their 3rd round pick.

That seems about right to me.

Has anyone seen a chart that puts values on Future picks?

I would be curious to see what #26 would be worth in a trade down in that scenario.

Looking at chart, I would love a trade with the Cowboys.
Cowboys get: 141, 173, 185, 251, and 2021 3rd round pick

Dolphins get: 82 and 123

Dolphins picks
5, 18, 26, 39, 56, 70, 82, 123, 153, 154, 227, 246

7 of top 82
8 of top 123
10 of top 154
We ho from 14 picks down to 12 picks, we would have no 6th round pick here, but who cares if we could pull this off.

That chart says that if Miami wanted to move up from 18 to 13 to grab an OT they would have to give SF their 3rd round pick.

That seems about right to me.

Has anyone seen a chart that puts values on Future picks?

I would be curious to see what #26 would be worth in a trade down in that scenario.
Hard to put a value on them when you don't know what they will be, until after the season is played.

While I disagree with this valuation in today's NFL, it is still a good resource. Thanks for posting this. For instance, the last pick in the 1st round (#32 overall) is worth 590 points on this chart, whereas the first pick in the 2nd round (#33 overall) is worth 580, which is a simple progression ignoring the most important parts of those picks. Every 1st round pick has a 5th year at the team's option, which is HUGE if you are drafting a value position like QB, LT, EDGE, CB and is the sole reason you see teams trading up into the back end of the 1st round to get a pick ... and it's almost always to get one of those positions unless there's a real falling star that teams realize other team will realize shouldn't be falling. That #32 picks is a LOT more valuable than the #33 pick. But, there is also less money available to 2nd rounders. But since they are still projected to be starters by year 2, they're great values. Still, that comes nowhere near the value of that extra option year for a team, especially at that point in the draft when lots of these guys are high potential but need a couple of years of seasoning. That option year is a huge bargain once those types start to become good.

That's just one of many parts this draft value chart completely fails to consider. In general though, it does help you decide what you would need to trade up. In today's NFL, it is unusual for a trade to get these values for the team trading down. So, it does NOT cost as much to move up as this chart says it does.

I encourage people to use this chart and calculate the values for the teams trading up and down, so they can see for themselves. Plus ... it gives us something football related to do when we get bored while social distancing.

Thanks for posting @dolphinheel this should be fun.

Whats interesting is that Phins can take BPA at #5 and then package # 18 and #26 to move back into the top 10. This can result in 2 top 10 picks.
But wouldn't it be more VALUABLE to keep those 2 picks in the first, trade up higher in the with picks from other rounds, use the first round picks to get 3 players, because we would end up with 3 players with the extra year option rather than 2 players?

I would trade pick #18 to Indy for Pick #34 and pick# #44 and a 2021 2nd round pick( Indy can get a top level WR that they desperately need)

My draft:

#5 QB- Tua or Herbert (Alabama/Oregon)
#26 OT- Austin Jackson (USC)
#34 RB- Jonathan Taylor ( Wisconsin)
#39 OT-Isaiah Wilson (Georgia)
#44 WR- Chase Claypool (Notre Dame)
#56 DT- Raekwon Davis (Alabama)
#70 S- Ashtyn Davis (Cal)
#141 RB A.J. Dillon ( Boston College)

But wouldn't it be more VALUABLE to keep those 2 picks in the first, trade up higher in the with picks from other rounds, use the first round picks to get 3 players, because we would end up with 3 players with the extra year option rather than 2 players?
That would depend on how badly a team wanted a specific, top 10 player.

by looking at that chart and like I've said before it'd only take pick 39 to move from 5 to 3

The chart provides a guide. However, as Mach2 points out above, different teams have different needs. If a team is getting progressive desperate to fill a particular gaping hole on their roster and there is a run on a particular position, they will probably be prepared to give up a lot more than the chart says. In economics, we learn that demand and supply are not constant ie they are dynamic - and we see that at the moment when we walk through the supermarket and see no toilet paper on the shelves. As such, demand for that commodity has significantly increased and we are forced to go online and are prepared to pay significantly more if we want to wipe our a$$es.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom