“Everything is perfect” with DeVante Parker’s recovery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Everything is perfect” with DeVante Parker’s recovery

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Wide receiver DeVante Parker’s rookie season hit a bump in the road this spring when he needed to have surgery on his foot.

Parker had a screw inserted into the foot during a previous operation and needed to have it replaced, something that the Dolphins indicated was a precautionary measure to make sure that their first-round pick was able to play without pain during the regular season. The expectation at the time was that Parker would be good to go for the opening week of the regular season.
It’s been a bit more than a month since Parker had the surgery and nothing appears to have changed about that outlook. Parker’s agent James Gould said that “everything is perfect” with Parker’s recovery and that doctors are confident that the foot won’t be a problem again.
“I don’t think it will happen again,” Gould said, via the Miami Herald. “They got it right.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/14/everything-is-perfect-with-devante-parkers-recovery/

As much as I would like to believe this, it is his agent speaking, and agents don't always speak the truth. I hope that he heals, but until we get confirmation from the medical staff or the surgeon, it's still a worry.

Having the screw replaced makes me feel that there was still some non-union of the fracture and/or his body began rejecting the first one.

[video=youtube;9cQgQIMlwWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQgQIMlwWw[/video]

I was seriously questioning some others who insinuated the screw replacement was kind of "routine" and no concern whatsoever. I didn't buy it then and I don’t buy it now.

No matter how you spin it -- this was a significant set back for this kids development (missing ALL of TC). Of course, we all hope it's only postponing his inevitable climb to the top of the NFL WR totem pole -- and maybe the kid can still make a significant impact later in the season.

That said, whatever his agent says at this point is pure nonsense because I'm sure his agent was claiming his surgically repaired foot was 100% NFL ready before the draft -- which it OBVIOUSLY was not!

Yea, I hope my concerns are completely unfounded. But I sure wish he was participating in TC as well.

Valid point to be concerned. I'm more worried about the fracture than missed TC cause we saw OB miss about 5 games and he balled when he hit the field. I think the "worried " comes from being a Fin Fan.

My biggest fear is that he tries to come back too soon. There is just so much stress and force applied to the foot and ankle region that it is very easy to re injure if it is not completely healed. I am 47 and going through my 1st ever high ankle sprain (grade 2). I was 7 weeks into rehab and was walking without pain (although still with a noticeable limp) until last Wednesday night. Walking down a level hallway with my ankle wrapped and inside an ankle brace, I tore it lose again. Have no idea what made it come lose but now I am back where I started from looking at least at another 6 weeks to get back to where I was if I can avoid surgery.

I know that is nothing like what these players go through but it is very easy to think something is almost healed and feel the pressure of showing you are worth the 1st grade and trying to come back too soon. Just look at the grief OBJ took last year for waiting until he was fully healed. I would rather not see Parker on the field in ANY preseason game and get brought in as a backup off the bench early in the year. I would rather have him healthy than have him end his first year on IR.

3b3bb14f2e700238a1956823b794fc26.jpg

Just get back by week 3 latest and there should be no worries about this season

Back
Top Bottom