Ex-Dolphin players frustrated........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex-Dolphin players frustrated........

I know I just wanted to make my self clear. I dont want people thinking that I think the Dolphins are a bunch of girls some times I feel the cheer leaders can play better that there offesive line and QB or maybe coach better too. HA HA!

From the article linked above, I think this quote absolutely nails the coffin shut!

Former All-Pro safety Dick Anderson (1968-77), who owns an insurance agency, notes how the Dolphins ``play so well one game and then just disappear. We just don't have the ability to put anybody away.

It's frustrating they aren't bad enough to get a top draft choice or not good enough to win the Super Bowl.''

That last sentence is just soooooooo true. :smackhead:

Last edited by a moderator:
If were are not going to win a SB exit early in playoffs or just missing the playoffs is killing us. We have not had a top 5 or 10 pick in the draft in ages and that might would knock us over the hump.

Its remarkable how the Dolphins have remained competetive for so long without totally rebuilding. I'm actually very proud of that fact!
However, it is indeed frustrating to only have that to hang your hat on and not have superbowls to show for it. Well we did win two super bowls but I was only a year win they won the second. So those don't count in my book!

I don't think anyone in this entire thread has blamed it "just on Fiedler" but he is part of the problem and deserves to be called out.

You know the defense had a few break downs. You listed three. That's a valid point. But if our offense was ranked somewhere above 28th in the league and lets say about 5th to 12th in the league, our defense would be good enough to win. I watched Indy and KC play and they have NO defense. In fact our defense is as good or better than any of the final four teams.

The problems on this team are offense. I wouldn't be suprised to see the defense get better if they have to stop carrying the team.
But even though they have to play more solid, I am not worried about them. The talent is there. That's where you have to start looking at schemes and coaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom