Excellent Critique of What Happened Sunday and the Reactions to It | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excellent Critique of What Happened Sunday and the Reactions to It

If you're a Phinfan, you'll be fine with this while nodding your head when you hear truth.

We are still operating by variables in which is too early to even predict the rest of the season. I understand the whole argument about the Patriots looking cleaner from an execution standpoint. Their defense allowed less than 21 points in a competitive game, but their offense just fell flat in their visits to the red zone. They were able to convert on third downs, but were not able to convert the positive yardage into scores. In a way, their time of possession was greater than ours by a mile, how can that make sense? Well, the Patriots may be having that problem all season long under Mac Jones for all we know. As far as the Dolphins there were things that left us an impression. One Tua looked very comfortable, but in the same token our line's ability to gel led to our play calling being extremely conservative. All the Patriots had to do is stay in within their cover 2 to contain us, and force us to run the ball. With that said my key point for the next game are pretty obvious:

1. Our offensive line needs to play better.
2. Our play calling needs to take more risks when appropriate. The first half went great but as the game went on towards the end of the game we weren't always executing.
3. With fuller our offense will be better, but I also want to see Gesicki stretch the field vertically. Drawing better plays for him to his physical abilities would help.

Last edited:
can't watch it right now.

we are a better team than the Patriots.

that being said, it is difficult to win a road game against a divisional opponent, even if you are the better team.

That is true. Which is why despite it not being the most impressive or inspiring win, im fine with it. A win is a win.

We are still operating by variables in which is too early to even predict the rest of the season. I understand the whole argument about the Patriots looking cleaner from an execution standpoint. Their defense allowed less than 21 points in a competitive game, but their offense just fell flat in their visits to the red zone. They were able to convert on third downs, but were not able to convert the positive yardage into scores. In a way, their time of possession was greater than ours by a mile, how can that make sense? Well, the Patriots may be having that problem all season long under Mac Jones for all we know. As far as the Dolphins there were things that left us an impression. One Tua looked very comfortable, but in the same token our line's ability to gel led to our play calling being extremely conservative. All the Patriots had to do is stay in within their cover 2 to contain us, and force us to run the ball. With that said my key point for the next game are pretty obvious:

2. Our play calling needs to take more risks when appropriate. The first half went great but as the game went on towards the end of the game we weren't always executing.
3. With fuller our offense will be better, but I also want to see Gesicki stretch the field vertically. Drawing better plays for him to his physical abilities would help.

Agree with your points. I would like to see that happen, too. However, until our OL can handle things on their own consistently without us having to keep guys in to help, we may not see an improvement with 2. or 3.

Also possibly the greatest defensive coach of all time too

I really dont think he deserves that title. Defense is much easier when your offense always has you in the lead or the game close.

Though personally I'm of the opinion Bill is a slightly above average HC who lucked into a top 5 all time QB and weak division for 20 or so years.

It's only a few people to me personally, but there seems to be a consensus in the people i know that played in the NFL that he's the best defensive mind they've ever come across. A film study of his strategies and adjustments is impressive.

Channing Crowder (who i don't know) was also talking on the pregame show before the game sunday of how talented he is with Defense.

I definitely think Brady is more responsible for those titles, but it's almost like Shaq and Kobe. They both contributed significantly.

Certainly playing the disrespect slant harder than it actually is. That was noticeable in the first segment when it was said Tua played well he mentioned it was said otherwise.

Homer take, and i'm a homer.

Miami won the game in the redzone, with a mostly bend but don't break defense.

Also won the turnover battle 2-1, which was obviously huge.
Ppl don't like it, but I believe that was the gameplan.

It works fine, but our offense needs to hold up their end.

I also believe our philosophy against the Jills will be quite different.

Last edited:

Never coached never played so I do not know what we need to win.
Old school:
Stop the run
Establish the run
Win turnovers.

Back
Top Bottom