Excellent Critique of What Happened Sunday and the Reactions to It | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excellent Critique of What Happened Sunday and the Reactions to It

Ppl don't like it, but I believe that was the gameplan.

It works fine, but our offense needs to hold up their end.

I also believe our philosophy against the Jills will be quite different.
Different against the bills would really be interesting. New plays? Or just correct our mistakes better.

Different against the bills would really be interesting. New plays? Or just correct our mistakes better.
I'm thinking more man, with our DBs playing closer to the LOS.

Probably more complex (disguised) formations, where things aren't as they appear presnap..

Hey looks like we agree on that. The gameplan was obviously to force Jones to make quick decisions with the ball, keep plays in front of us and commit to stopping the run as much as we could.

Credit to Jones that he did make the correct decisions.

Never coached never played so I do not know what we need to win.
Old school:
Stop the run
Establish the run
Win turnovers.

This week its a redemption game for us. Allen has average about 4 td's and over 300 yards in the last 3 games. If we let him do the same the only realistic way we have a chance to to win is if we happen to score over 30 points, and contain the bills under 30 points. If the same old music plays then we are bound to lose.

I'm thinking more man, with our DBs playing closer to the LOS.

Probably more complex (disguised) formations, where things aren't as they appear presnap..

We shifted into a lot of zone last game. That is why the Patriots were able to have success in the open field. But we used that same strategy in the shorter field, or end zone and it resulted in the Patriots being less flexible, and more conservative.

Hey looks like we agree on that. The gameplan was obviously to force Jones to make quick decisions with the ball, keep plays in front of us and commit to stopping the run as much as we could.

Credit to Jones that he did make the correct decisions.
He absolutely did, but when the field was compacted, he had nowhere to go.

We need to tighten up the run D though.

Mod status?

Damn, I've been away for awhile.

We are still operating by variables in which is too early to even predict the rest of the season. I understand the whole argument about the Patriots looking cleaner from an execution standpoint. Their defense allowed less than 21 points in a competitive game, but their offense just fell flat in their visits to the red zone. They were able to convert on third downs, but were not able to convert the positive yardage into scores. In a way, their time of possession was greater than ours by a mile, how can that make sense? Well, the Patriots may be having that problem all season long under Mac Jones for all we know. As far as the Dolphins there were things that left us an impression. One Tua looked very comfortable, but in the same token our line's ability to gel led to our play calling being extremely conservative. All the Patriots had to do is stay in within their cover 2 to contain us, and force us to run the ball. With that said my key point for the next game are pretty obvious:

1. Our offensive line needs to play better.
2. Our play calling needs to take more risks when appropriate. The first half went great but as the game went on towards the end of the game we weren't always executing.
3. With fuller our offense will be better, but I also want to see Gesicki stretch the field vertically. Drawing better plays for him to his physical abilities would help.
#1 must happen in order to make the playoffs

I don't think Flo gets enough credit for the W in last week's game.

IMO, we lose that game 30-13 with practically any of our past coaches outside of Shula or Johnson.

He had a few lapses in judgement during the game, but it's clear he has this team ready to play and in a position to succeed.

He absolutely did, but when the field was compacted, he had nowhere to go.

We need to tighten up the run D though.

Absolutely. I think there were maybe 2 plays that were more impressive than just dump the ball off to the wide open guy, but one was called back on a penalty. The other I don't remember the result of honestly, I think an intermediate completion over the middle where Jones did hang in and step into the rush.

Otherwise when the play went off schedule he didn't do much. Then again that's not his strength to begin with.

#1 must happen in order to make the playoffs

So while many in here don't want to talk about it there were some things that bothered me . In one play Kindley literally tripped on Eich which cause the whole ****ing play to **** up. We are better with him than without him but his fat ass needs to get into better shape. He looks like a nose tackle not a guard lol.

IMO, we lose that game 30-13 with practically any of our past coaches outside of Shula or Johnson.

He had a few lapses in judgement during the game, but it's clear he has this team ready to play and in a position to succeed.

That i can't agree with.

Coaches like Wanny or Cam Cameron...yeah I agree, buy the better couple? No way. It was in NE sure but we are the more talented roster with the better QB. We were supposed to win that game.

We haven't made the playoffs, nor have we done anything to gratify the attention of the league. However I must tell you that he is respected by the media, and acknowledged for what he has done.

Back
Top Bottom