Expanding the football playoffs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expanding the football playoffs?

utahphinsfan

Sriracha Tabasco
Reaction score

12 is too many. 4 is not enough. I have felt that it s/b 6 teams. The Five P5 conference champs & 1 at large whether its a G5, Notre Dame, or a 1 loss 2nd place team from a P5 conference.

The playoff should use the same format that NFL conferences did from 2019 & prior.

Thoughts?

ONole1

Club Member
Reaction score
I think 12 is too many as well. I actually like 8 with the P-5 champs them 3 at large.

MiaFins31

Active Roster
Reaction score
12 is too many. 4 is just right. I’m a Clemson fan so I’m sure I’ll be accused of bias but look at how many blowouts the playoffs have had with just 4 teams. 95% of the time the #3 or #4 team can’t compete with the top 2. Why add more games for blowouts? The answer as always is money. The PAC 12 and Big 12 need to stop bitching and not lose. That’s why they haven’t had a representative every year bc they lose a game they shouldn’t.

I get wanting to give the little guys a chance but honestly who thinks UCF Cincinnati or Boise St is going to win 3 straight playoff games against the big dogs? They’ll be an upset here and there but none of the little guys will ever be a threat to win the title. This is about money. Nothing more nothing less. It’ll basically be the SEC invitational. I guarantee at some point we’ll be seeing 8-4/9-3 SEC teams being selected for the playoff which is just ridiculous in my opinion. It devalues the regular season.

Top Bottom