Experts: Ricky Can Regain Weight Quickly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Experts: Ricky Can Regain Weight Quickly

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
6,449
Reaction score
1,688
Location
Narnia
and hes a vegitarian so no instant red meat weight gain. the games dietricians have come a long way so from what ive read hes going to be at game weight soon. Now if he can get his head sorted out we are in business.
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,212
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
FanMarino said:
and hes a vegitarian so no instant red meat weight gain. the games dietricians have come a long way so from what ive read hes going to be at game weight soon. Now if he can get his head sorted out we are in business.

Yup. That part suprised me too. His nutritionist says he'll be able to put it on quickly with that diet.

"I expect that his endurance and capacity for lean body mass that he develops on these foods will be greater than it was before."
 

Trackstar

Second String
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
1,897
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
I'm out
When your a talented athlete your body has very specific physical attributes that are superior than most humans. The ability to respond to training quickly, and quick recovery time are the two main qualities in gifted athletes like Ricky. Plus Ricky is still young.

He will be able to gain his weight and skills back faster than we all think!
 

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
6,449
Reaction score
1,688
Location
Narnia
Muck said:
Yup. That part suprised me too. His nutritionist says he'll be able to put it on quickly with that diet.
Instant weight gain is not healthy but he has a few mths to do it so he shudnt have too much of a problem, he will be monitored closely by the Fin backroom staff so im not too worried. Its his mental approach i will be watching.
 

Dolphin North

Club Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
4,800
Reaction score
6,669
FanMarino said:
and hes a vegitarian so no instant red meat weight gain. the games dietricians have come a long way so from what ive read hes going to be at game weight soon. Now if he can get his head sorted out we are in business.

Boy was I off. I figured because he was coming back he would go carnivorous to get the weight back. Of course sticking to his veggie diet shows how serious he is about the whole homeopathic new age kind of Ricky we have come to know! I guess that's a good thing, that he takes it all seriously and doesn't conveniently throw aside his beliefs to fit the situation. He's gonna gain teh weight back the hard way, I like it. I hope he will be as committed to football, and not just debt repayment.
He doesn't have to be a superstar to help the team, just so long as he's dedicated enough to not hurt the team.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
I am glad to see thar Ricky is starting to gain his weight back. I just hope that he doesnt gain it all too fast.
 

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
6,449
Reaction score
1,688
Location
Narnia
dolphan north said:
Boy was I off. I figured because he was coming back he would go carnivorous to get the weight back. Of course sticking to his veggie diet shows how serious he is about the whole homeopathic new age kind of Ricky we have come to know! I guess that's a good thing, that he takes it all seriously and doesn't conveniently throw aside his beliefs to fit the situation. He's gonna gain teh weight back the hard way, I like it. I hope he will be as committed to football, and not just debt repayment.
He doesn't have to be a superstar to help the team, just so long as he's dedicated enough to not hurt the team.
Good point. If hes hungry to get back he will do it the hard way.
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,653
Reaction score
0
I don't think he'll have a problem with getting in shape in time. Just a matter of whether the game-induced endurance will play a part when he steps on the field.
 

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
6,449
Reaction score
1,688
Location
Narnia
HysterikiLL said:
I don't think he'll have a problem with getting in shape in time. Just a matter of whether the game-induced endurance will play a part when he steps on the field.
Well hes going to get less carries with Ronnie Brown taking up some of the slack and dont forget Ricky wont be back until the Bucs game so he will have more weeks to get into playing shape.
 
Top Bottom