Experts: Ricky Can Regain Weight Quickly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Experts: Ricky Can Regain Weight Quickly

popularwar said:
I don't want to start any controversy but slowly all the doubts about Ricky are fading.

They have no choice. He is clearly making all the right decisions in order to come back this year. It's becoming clearer each day that he is serious about playing again.

popularwar said:
I don't want to start any controversy but slowly all the doubts about Ricky are fading.
Everybody wants the old Ricky back, the problem is their can't be two The Face of the Franchise

Raekwon The Che said:
Everybody wants the old Ricky back, the problem is their can't be two The Face of the Franchise

Not sure I understand what you're saying. :confused:

In alot of instances there is a higher protein content available through a vegetarian diet than in a traditional meat based diet. Even if he gains all his weight back in a short period of time, it won't be a big deal. His body is used to it. It takes time to do as well, it's not like you wake up one morning 30 pounds heavier than the night before. He also has a few months to work into it. I think Ronnie Brown is a gifted person and will be able to adapt to splitting the load with Ricky while he is here. He's done it once with no controversy I don't suspect that this time will be any different.

I'll tell u something, I worked out for 4 years in a row then I had a tendom (dunno if this is written correctly) problem that affected chest and shoulder, a piece of S***!ok, I could not work out for a whole year..I lost some weight of course, then I'm fine again and started working out again. With a couple months and I am now the way I was before all this,same frame,same weight. And I'm not super athletic gifted as these football dudes like ricky

He will be ok.

It doesn't matter if you're a pro athlete or not, most of the time. If you stick to your diet and train hard you will put on mass, lose fat.

Better that he has lost a considerable amount weight as opposed to having gained it, which he's shown a propensity for at certain times in his career.

I think he and Brown are going to enjoy a symbiotic relationship when it comes to the benefits they will each offer the other; Brown will experience less physical strain and overall pressure from having a guy like Williams to carry the load from time to time, while Brown (and others) will allow Williams to shake off the rust at an appropriate pace and limit the physical pounding.

It isn't going to be easy to gain weight up to 235 pounds but I don't think he's going to shoot for that. He'll likely shoot for 220 or 225 and thats a perfectly acceptable, and reachable weight. I've never been daunted by the weight gain thing. It would be a different story if he were like Kyle Turley and weighed 240 pounds and needs to weigh 320 pounds.

What will make it easier for Ricky to gain the needed weight and strength is that he is not going into uncharted territory. He's been there before. It is so much easier to regain strength levels that you had previously reached, or lean muscle mass that you previously carried than it is to reach a level in either never previously attained.

Muscles have good memories so to speak. From that aspect he should be fine if he works out pretty hard.

Back
Top Bottom