Express you feelings about Wanny.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Express you feelings about Wanny....

What do you think of Dave Wandstedt's job in Miami?

• good job

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • fair

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • get rid of him now

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters

MarinoFan

Ralph Wilson after this season
Reaction score
Hey guys, check it out. This is simple. Answer the question honestly, and please only Dolphins fans, we don't need Bills pissing in this pool.

In the past 3 years in general, do you feel Dave Wandstedt has done a good job? Vote then post your opinion. Take into account what he has done to keep this team together and make us better.

IMO, Dave has done a wonderful job. Let's look at the last three years.

Year One: Comes in as head coach without Dan Marino. Brings in a guy named Jay Fiedler, who no one really knows about. What does he do? Gets our record to 11 - 5, and we are AFC East Champions.

Year Two: Again, brings our record to 11 - 5. In the off-season, completes one of the biggest and best trades in Miami Dolphin history that brings Ricky Williams to the Miami Dolphins.

Year Three: Dissapointing season, but season was riddled with injuries to key players such as Jay Fiedler. If Jay wasn't injured, the Dolphins make the playoffs. In the off-season, he brings in Junior Seau. Potential pick ups also include Sammy Knight and Brian Griese.

While many people question his coaching skills, he has brought in more key players for this team than any coach has done for the Dolphins.

Past 3 years....I went with Fair....if we do better this year then any of the past ones you can knock that vote up a notch....but if we do worse.....bring it down a notch.....overall this season will determine for me where he stands.

We've been in position to win this division every year..He's got to find a way to mentally push the buttons that make this team not choke..He's assembled good talent..just needs to developed that killer instint in them now...to end each game..The Dolphins kind of remind me on the Chicago Bulls with Jordan and Pippen, before it click on how to make them win the big ones...Once it clicks, this team will be very dangerous..

No other coach has found a way to do less with more.

Undecided. This year tells the tale. If he takes us to the AFC Championship game I'll be satisfied with his progress as a coach. If he doesn't I think he's a disapointment.

Originally posted by Rebar71

Daniel Synders Washington Redskins did, the Eagles did last year.

The Eagles made the play-offs - and got beat by a better team. If there was one other coach who did less with more, it was Martz - but I enjoyed every moment of that. :tongue:

My turn to Chime in here

I think Wanny has done a fair job, both as a GM and as a coach.

As a GM, he has kept us out of cap hell, and has managed to add some players to give us a lot more talent than when he took the team from JJ. He seems to be better with personell than he was with the bears.

As a Coach: In his first 2 years, he was incredible. 2 11-5 seasons with talent that was questionable at best in a lot of areas.

This past year was the year that 3 glaring omissions killed wanny as a coach.

1)Ray Lucas: Now I will say that lucas fell apart because of 1 PLAY that changed the whole season. Dolphins are up 7-0 on the bills and just got the ball back. Norv calls a fake reverse and LUCAS GETS DRILLED and FUMBLES. Buffalo takes the ball and scores and lucas loses arm strength and starts pressing. If Norv calls a run for rickey there, I think this season would be a little different. ANyhoo....

2) OLB (x2) Since Robert Jones left, Wanny made the mistake in thinking that what he had left could make A PLAY OR TWO in a game. That really never happenned.

3)Decision making and killer instinct. This is a JJ quality that Wanny has. If you are up by 7-14, you start running clock and not try for another quick score. My opinion is that no lead under 17 is safe in the NFL until there is 5 minutes or less in a game. The fact that we shut it down against Minny and NE is one of those things that I go nuts about. our goal should be to score 24-27 ppg.

Gator

i voted to get rid of him!!!!

yes i will admit he has brought in some fantastic talent to the team ricky williams is probably the greatest dolphins trade of all time.

but with all this talent we have done NOTHING.the records may well say 11-5,11-5.9-7 but there is no ring thats whatt this game is all about.this is not soccer we dont qualify for champions league for finshing 2nd 3rd or 4th.football is all about being number 1 i understand that only one team can be number 1 and that doesnt mean the other 31 coaches should all be sacked but all the other coaches dont have the talent we have.and we havent even been close to a superbowl.early loses in the playoffs are not what dolphins fans are looking for or are you?i`m not!! i want a championship,i really hope dave wannstedt can prove all us doubters wrong and make this football team a championship team but i dont think he can he is gambling the dolphins future on this season by trading a 2004 2nd draft pick and trying to trade a 2004 1st round pick,because dave wannstedt knows that if he doesnt at the very least make the afc chanpionship game he wile be GONE!!!

wayner

Overall, I think he has done a good job. Particularly in the areas of bringing in talent and assistant coaches.

However, I do not feel that he is the greatest game day coach. Certainly, not on par with Shula. I will never agree with punting on 4th and short from the 32 yard line, which we did a couple of times last year. Nor did I agree with throwing three times late in the New England game when you have Ricky Williams.

i think wanny has done excellent in the draft and free agency with alot of help from spielman. i think his coaching deserves more credit than it gets but he gets a D on finishing the job and putting teams away. he needs to get tougher but i dont see how that will happen when you have guys like junior seau and zach and ricky and JT and............. we need to come up with games plans that will put a team away. like using a trick play towards an end of a game and such.

Originally posted by Rebar71

cmon now, that statement reaks of absoluteness. threre have been many many teams that had alot of talent that didnt make it. i can think of some raiders teams. the buffalo bills come to mind but becuase they went to the SB, that makes it allright. im sure i could sit here all day and come up with many. and in fact as long as the denver broncos are in discussion. i would say alot of people had them picked to go last year. they arent exactly hurting for talent.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by zachseau13
Overall, I think he has done a good job. Particularly in the areas of bringing in talent and assistant coaches.

However, I do not feel that he is the greatest game day coach. Certainly, not on par with Shula. I will never agree with punting on 4th and short from the 32 yard line, which we did a couple of times last year. Nor did I agree with throwing three times late in the New England game when you have Ricky Williams.

shula was great in the 70's. in the eightees with marino, he was still good to great. but the nineties, and i point to year 94 and 95 in particular it could also be said he did less with more.

Back
Top Bottom