Express you feelings about Wanny.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Express you feelings about Wanny....

What do you think of Dave Wandstedt's job in Miami?

• good job

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • fair

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • get rid of him now

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Rebar71
The Eagles made the play-offs - and got beat by a better team. If there was one other coach who did less with more, it was Martz - but I enjoyed every moment of that. :tongue:

The Eagles were slated to make a SB appearance if I remember correctly and they choked just like us..They had the best team in Football last year..Period.

Originally posted by finfan54

shula was great in the 70's. in the eightees with marino, he was still good to great. but the nineties, and i point to year 94 and 95 in particular it could also be said he did less with more.

ONE THING...the coaches don't play the game, the players do..if they choke, there's nothing a coach can do but watch..knowing he's gone over all the situations he sees on the field with the team..if the players don't execute..there's nothing a coach can do..ie. the dolphins were put in position to beat the PAT's with 5 minutes left...Minor fumbles inside his 5, Royal messed up a punt, a questionable interference penalty...that's all players, not the coach..Wanny can only sit back and watch..Oh yea, Olindo kO out of bounce..that's not coaching, that's players choking.

Originally posted by wayner
i voted to get rid of him!!!!

yes i will admit he has brought in some fantastic talent to the team ricky williams is probably the greatest dolphins trade of all time.

but with all this talent we have done NOTHING.the records may well say 11-5,11-5.9-7 but there is no ring thats whatt this game is all about.this is not soccer we dont qualify for champions league for finshing 2nd 3rd or 4th.football is all about being number 1 i understand that only one team can be number 1 and that doesnt mean the other 31 coaches should all be sacked but all the other coaches dont have the talent we have.and we havent even been close to a superbowl.early loses in the playoffs are not what dolphins fans are looking for or are you?i`m not!! i want a championship,i really hope dave wannstedt can prove all us doubters wrong and make this football team a championship team but i dont think he can he is gambling the dolphins future on this season by trading a 2004 2nd draft pick and trying to trade a 2004 1st round pick,because dave wannstedt knows that if he doesnt at the very least make the afc chanpionship game he wile be GONE!!!

wayner

Just me, but I think you're wrong. For the players, yeah, a ring is what it's all about. If you are a fan, it should be the game. For me it is. I lived in Miami when the team was formed and have been a life long fan of the team. This is a good football team. It is a team that has been involved in some of the most exciting games in football, win or lose. It has consistantly provided it's fans with winning seasons. The superbowl is for the players. The fans don't have a damn thing to do with it. We don't play the game.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
The Eagles were slated to make a SB appearance if I remember correctly and they choked just like us..They had the best team in Football last year..Period.
That's a whole 'nother debate.

But I will say this - the Eagles reserved their choke-job for the NFC title game. Our Dolphins choked in weeks 16 & 17, thus not even getting the chance to choke in round 2 as usual. One choke job is far bigger than the other - you guess which one.

Originally posted by Rebar71

That's a whole 'nother debate.

But I will say this - the Eagles reserved their choke-job for the NFC title game. Our Dolphins choked in weeks 16 & 17, thus not even getting the chance to choke in round 2 as usual. One choke job is far bigger than the other - you guess which one.

A choke is a choke, reguardless, any where short of what was expected...In the Eagles case the SB..who team compared to them in talent, the closes was probably us.

he has to stop trying to sit on leads. He also needs to go for those 4th and 2s, throw in the trick play and fake punts once in a while. JJ always did, I can't remember many of those instances with Wanny. what's that quote, something like 'you can't acheive greatness without risking failure'?

what do you mean rings are for the players!!!!!!!!

so your the only good damn miami dolphins fan in the world who doesnt want to win a superbow!!

dont get me wrong i agree that as dolphins fans we love the game and our team and we will always support the team when its game time we`ll all be rooting for the same team

The dolphins have always been a team hanging a round a playoff spot but its time to step it ip and go that extra mile and compete for the championship dont be happy with 11-5 unless it gets us a championship

Of course it would be great for the Dolphins to win the superbowl. But I'm not about to call for the coaches head when we don't get there. If we were the Bengals or the Lions or the Cards, I'd be screaming. Shula got us to 1 between 73 and 83. J.J. didn't get us there. I don't think fans called them lousy coaches. I really don't understand your argument. Early posts you were pissed because he didn't draft a name. Now your pissed because he tried to trade too much to get us a name.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Past 3 years....I went with Fair....if we do better this year then any of the past ones you can knock that vote up a notch....but if we do worse.....bring it down a notch.....overall this season will determine for me where he stands.

My thoughts exactly WCF...

There goes your theory of "everyone thinks he did a pretty good job" Marinofan. There has been a website dedicated to getting him fired. There's a petition (not that it carries any load) to get him fired.

Just like Greg Williams, both their jobs are on the line this year.

So, you fire the coach. Who do you hire, a coach that has just been fired by another team. Makes sense to me. Oh wait, a college coach. Then we could run the option. No, that means a new QB. This could get confusing.

Originally posted by justafan
Jimmy Johnson was a college coach.

Did J.J. get the Dolphins to the superbowl? I must of missed that. He did work hard to change the quarterback though.

There goes your theory of "everyone thinks he did a pretty good job" Marinofan. There has been a website dedicated to getting him fired. There's a petition (not that it carries any load) to get him fired.

Just like Greg Williams, both their jobs are on the line this year.

EVERY TEAM has it's opposers to get someone fired. That's just the way it goes. Remember how many people wanted Marino benched? In general, the feeling is he's done a good job keeping a nucleus of good players here to compete. He has made good moves consistenly every offseason, and hasn't once banked the the future of the team for today. Realize the Dolphins do not have that nasty streak the Bills have of stinking every few years. People around here know how to manage a team. Now we may have a bad December streak, but how the hell are you going to blame our coach on that. If anything, last season's failures all fall upon the shoulders of Lucas, and a few other idiots. We stunk, admittedly, but ultimately it was not coached fault. He put the team in the position to win those games.

Fiedler, Gadsden, & Chambers don't all go down in that Denver game, and you wouldn't have anything to say today.

Jimmy Johnson was a college coach.

So was Steve Spurrier. So was Dennis Ericson. But also Butch Davis. More often than not, they fail. Part of the philosiphy here is to keep this all together as long as possible Justfan. Think about it. What would happen if a new headcoach comes in and tries changing everything around, those last years left in our core of awesome players would all be crap. You'll have your wish, of Dave Wandstedt being gone, but not before this team is done. One thing is for sure, this team IS NOT DONE.

Back
Top Bottom