FA Gems? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA Gems?

I can't possibly imagine what the locker room would be like if Jumbo Elliott (the catch) was around. After what happened on that Monday Night so long ago.:chair:

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
I can't possibly imagine what the locker room would be like if Jumbo Elliott (the catch) was around. After what happened on that Monday Night so long ago.:chair:

Fear not... Wade Smith will make such a catch one day, having played some tight end in college.:)

Not that it matters, but... I recall that the point at which we considered Jumbo Elliot was in the week that bridged September 11, 2001. The weekend before brought the injury that created the need, then with all airplanes grounded he couldn't fly down immediately. We daid have an extra week off, but chose not to wait on him. If we declined then when he was about 36, there's no likelihood now that he's 38.

But... it is interesting and worthwhile to keep an eye on who's out there free to be signed. Their mentions are welcomed even though everybody will tend to yell "No, not HIM!"
:goof:

I think the team is making the right call. Let's not jump the gun and sign anyone now. Let's see what young guys bring and wait to see if a real stud gets released.
:thewave:

I thought Rogers return #s were mediocre @ best last year. Not that I want to bring in Howard but I will have to see this guy bring up is return avg's before Im a believer.

Originally posted by bryan allen
I thought Rogers return #s were mediocre @ best last year. Not that I want to bring in Howard but I will have to see this guy bring up is return avg's before Im a believer.

He didn't do well because he didn't fit well into Buffalo's special teams system. He said here we have one similar to that of Seattle's where he was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom