FA list - 18 OT’s | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA list - 18 OT’s

Right tackle and left tackle when armstead is out. I feel like we can hide the guard play.

Are you more concerned about right tackle or left guard going into next season?
I wouldn't say I'm "concerned", but I do think Eich is the weakest link on the Oline (assuming he is the starter again).

Right tackle and left tackle when armstead is out. I feel like we can hide the guard play.
Hard to hide bad Guard play in the running game if zone schemes are the "bread and butter" of your run game.

Last edited:
▪ The Dolphins have been poking around in the veteran tackle market, and it’s expected they will add one in the weeks ahead. Besides hosting veteran Cam Fleming on a visit earlier last month, we hear they also discreetly brought in a couple of other veterans whose identifies have not been revealed. Only players who were scheduled to become free agents this past March, such as Fleming, are required to be identified on the league wire. The Dolphins also continue to canvass the landscape at tight end. And while veterans likely be added on both the offensive line and tight end, we’re told the Dolphins aren’t waiting for a specific player to be released June 1.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article274218810.html#storylink=cpy

Right now, between the two, I would say RT.

If Eichenberg fails, absent new additions, the team has Robert Jones to insert into the lineup. He wasn’t great last season, but serviceable (especially when paired with Armstead). Lester Cotton wasn’t horrible in limited action after being a late season pick-up. Hayes might develop.

If Jackson fails, absent new additions, the options are largely unknown since Brandon Shell not resigned. Geron Christian and K. Smith are untested.

The swing tackle position worries the most since the overall operation of the line was functionally worse whenever Armstead wasn’t in the lineup. I don’t believe the player for this role is on the current roster, unless someone beats out AJ who would then could serve in ‘swing’ capacity.

Hard to hide bad Guard play in the running game if zone schemes are the "bread and butter" of your run game.
that is true. I was just thinking when armstead does play he can hide some of the weakness at guard.

Flemming, Fant and Shell I think are still in consideration.

Unsure on…wynn cannon remmers if they have anything left for depth probably not much.

I lean Flemming

Extremely underrated by Broncos Country at large, Fleming was arguably one of the team’s best offensive linemen in 2022. Playing both right tackle and left tackle, his versatility and ability to move defenders in the run game was displayed often as one of the few Broncos linemen who played at a favorable level.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/broncos-cameron-fleming-free-agent-rumor
Man see that? There are a lot of good oline men available after June 1st… now I hope we sign a couple!

Good? That might be an overstatement. I think good depth might be a better description.
It’s not like Eichenberg and AJ are so great that they are better than all that are on that list? But I hear what you’re saying…

It’s not like Eichenberg and AJ are so great that they are better than all that are on that list? But I hear what you’re saying…
I'm not so down in AJ as many. I do agree that he was over drafted with respect to the fact that, do to his age among other things, he needed more time to develop than you would like in a rd1 pick.

Hopefully our offensive tackle is still on a team waiting to be traded to us, we would spend a high pick next year to get one. Pick and cash would seem reasonable for the right guy.

Draft well or you pay.
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Most of those names are guys who are injured or done... or career backup types like Christian and Lamm.

Honestly... I think we are down to Flemming or nothing.

If there is a second possibility there, it might be Wanogho... I liked him coming out of the draft as a pure RT. (Tho... I guess he could back up Hunt)
He would not be better than a vet minimum type of play, but he's young enough to surprise.

I really think Flemming is our guy.

Hopefully they have a deal in place for Flemming June 1

Still would like another if they can work a deal

Back
Top Bottom