FA target: Mike Hilton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA target: Mike Hilton

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
I feel like he’s the ideal corner target. I know everyone’s gonna say we can’t spend on another corner. But Hilton is a strictly nickel guy, those guys typically don’t break the bank in FA. Brian Poole signed for about 5 mill per year I’d expect Hilton to be somewhere in that range. He has 237 tackles 9 sacks and 7 ints from the nickel in 4 years starting. One of the better blitzing corners in the nfl would add a whole extra dimension to our amoeba packages. Upgrading from Nik Needham is something I think we need to do to go from a good to elite secondary. We could cut Bobby McCain and use that money on Hilton, get younger and better in secondary then draft a FS like Richie Grant in round 2-3.

I do agree that upgrading nickel CB is on the list for this off-season. I don't know if they'll use FA or the draft, but it's a goal.

I also love Grant in round 2 (I don't think he makes it to round 3).

I think we need to upgrade from Needham too but I’d like them to get Elijah Molden in the draft. Molden can play slot and safety.

I think we need to upgrade from Needham too but I’d like them to get Elijah Molden in the draft. Molden can play slot and safety.
Molden is an excellent slot/nickel prospect.

2nd rounder most likely.

I don't see Miami using such an early pick for a slot/nickel but the kid can play.

Molden is not good enough in press-man. He's more of a Rover than either a true NCB or FS or even a Star. A nickel-backer.

Who is Iggy???
Yet another young player given up on. You know by the “always loved Gesicki” crowd. The guy who says we need to draft another QB and then hangs from Tuas jock in the same game day thread

I would rather Patrick Graham Jr. Better athlete. Can man cover.

In another post I suggested Hilton/Poole/Hill at slot CB was exactly the type of FA signing I expected us to make. A nice upgrade over what we have for 4-6 mill a year range.

Yes, Iggy is a boundary press CB.

Back
Top Bottom