Face It People | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Face It People

It took Cleveland getting a 'powerful' general manager to change this. Cleveland fired its head coach'who was a carryover' and OC at same time. Miami needs 'that kind' of GM

Exactly! The Dolphins need a good GM to run this organization and let him hire a head coach with the same vision that he has.

The Browns are gonna be amazing because of Baker..

You know who was enamored with Baker and wanted to coach him? Our very own Adam Gase

Oh what could've been.

Also, back to the OP. Every owner is retarded in football sense. It's all luck and at the time EVERYONE thought Gase was a home run. It happens..Nobody knew McVay was a homerun because his offense in Washington wasn't that good..It's all luck and always will be.

LOL Lord forbid, hed have him throwing bubble screens.

The Bronws are a few terrible calls by the refs from being in the playoff hunt right now. They are fun to watch. They have a bright future. Hopefully our next head coach and qb will put us on the right path. That's after our owner realizes he is pumping a dry well with this duo.

It took Cleveland getting a 'powerful' general manager to change this. Cleveland fired its head coach'who was a carryover' and OC at same time. Miami needs 'that kind' of GM

All we need is years of drafting at the top of the draft, like the Browns had and maybe will hit. You know how many picks they missed on?

They had the number one pick and found a QB- depsite who the GM was or wasn’t. So if mia had the number 1 pick and picked Baker as Gase supposedly wanted then they would be ‘smart’ right?

The Dolphins are not on par with Cleveland. The Browns are trending up.

Cleveland is only trending up bc they’ve bad for a lot longer than Miami has. They had two 1s and two 2s in this year’s draft. It isn’t hard to rebound when you have the 1st and 4th picks to choose anyone you want.

Last year they had THREE first round picks. In 2016 they had 14 picks (three 3s). In 2015 they had two 1s again and 12 picks overall.

Do you know why they had all of these picks available? Since 2015 they were 4-44 heading into this season. That is the worst in pro sports. The Dolphins are average but aren’t anywhere close to being as bad as Cleveland.

Cleveland is only trending up bc they’ve bad for a lot longer than Miami has. They had two 1s and two 2s in this year’s draft. It isn’t hard to rebound when you have the 1st and 4th picks to choose anyone you want.

Last year they had THREE first round picks. In 2016 they had 14 picks (three 3s). In 2015 they had two 1s again and 12 picks overall.

Do you know why they had all of these picks available? Since 2015 they were 4-44 heading into this season. That is the worst in pro sports. The Dolphins are average but aren’t anywhere close to being as bad as Cleveland.

Eh, only one of those picks every year was because of where they finished. They've made some savvy moves and it is clearly paying off.

It is strange seeing people say that they are trending up because of their early picks. I've been told so many times that such a thing doesn't matter. And here it is, looking like it's working out quite well.

They took those three years to actually try to build something, while the Dolphins continue their patchwork approach that has failed for over 15 years.

Eh, only one of those picks every year was because of where they finished. They've made some savvy moves and it is clearly paying off.

It is strange seeing people say that they are trending up because of their early picks. I've been told so many times that such a thing doesn't matter. And here it is, looking like it's working out quite well.

They took those three years to actually try to build something, while the Dolphins continue their patchwork approach that has failed for over 15 years.

Cleveland literally is being praised for being 4-6-1 right now. CBS Sports has an article today saying they’re the new “America’s Team”. When you’re 4-6-1 and get press like this you know you’ve been bad for eternity.

I understand they had their own picks to use on highly slotted college players but they wouldn’t have been able to get away with doing any of what they did in the draft if they weren’t so awful for so long.

Much more competitive game than I expected, but the offensive play calling is maybe the most bland and vanilla in the league- too much dink and dunk with a lack of creativity. Defense needs help, Tannehill is what he always has been, a caretaker QB who is not the guy you want to pull out a 4th quarter win or count for much at all in the crunch. He still reminds me of Rony Sekaly for the Heat, decent stats, lots of garbage time stats, not a prime time guy. Gase better get it in gear because he was supposed to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer.

Cleveland literally is being praised for being 4-6-1 right now. CBS Sports has an article today saying they’re the new “America’s Team”. When you’re 4-6-1 and get press like this you know you’ve been bad for eternity.

I understand they had their own picks to use on highly slotted college players but they wouldn’t have been able to get away with doing any of what they did in the draft if they weren’t so awful for so long.

And people are bragging about us being almost .500. I don't care about their record. Neither team is making the playoffs or doing anything in them if they somehow manage to squeak in, so who gives a **** about their records. I care about where they are trending, and it is not in the same direction as us. Dolphins fans are understandably bitter about it, which is why all this Browns vitriol has started showing up. It's okay, they wouldn't be the first team to right the ship and build a competitive organization before we could. Rams and Bears are the latest to do it. Why not the Browns next? Just because they're the Browns? I need more than that.

Exonerate Ross of WHAT? What has he done since hiring Gase that has you so perturbed?

Every owner is a football idiot. Some of them just lucked out and hired the right coach at the right time.

Those holding out for a "brilliant football minded owner" should find a new hobby.

You don't make enough money in business to own a football team by knowing football. On the flipside, on FH you see people who couldn't run a lemonade stand giving management style takes lol

Ironically, those are typically the ones crying over the owner.

Hiring the right coaches and front office personnel isn't a happy accident. Hiring and promoting the best people is the most important thing any high level executive does in any organization.

Do try to bring some reality into your perspective please.

this is the most direction less team in the league..by a long shot. this team is utterly ****ed for the foreseeable future .

we have no coaching, an aging and decidedly mediocre QB and we are gonna win 7 games which precludes us from a top pick

this organization is a complete joke from top to bottom at this moment in time

How Ross continues to be Ok with LOSING, is beyond Me....while He slowly punishes the Fanbase. Like it or not...I believe We are stuck on a sinking ship with Gase/Tannehill...."WITH NO BILGE PUMP"!!!

Wow you are so right, he should just buy the entire Rams team and coaching staff and put them in Miami.

As a backup plan, maybe buy the #1 pick in the draft in 2020 and buy drew brees in 2019 as an interim. Probably can buy OBJ and Barkley with some change in his pocket as well. Khalil Mack for a simple PayPal transfer and we are good to go.

Wtf is he waiting For?

I'd rather be Cleveland right now. At least there's a chance of them being good in the future because they have a potentially great young QB. We have nothing.

Back
Top Bottom