Face Off - Randy McMichael | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Face Off - Randy McMichael

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Article discussing the pro's and con's of Randy McMicheals at TE.

Pretty good piece..talks about our other WR's too..Notes Mcknights work in the 2nd half of the year, but also slights him with a D. Thompson statement.

Face Off - Randy McMichael

What do you guys think of this?

screw that fool Chase Stuart, hes wrong as can be lol.
seriously McMichael will have a HUGE year. he will probably be the best fantasy value pick at TE this year. take him a round or two after the first five TE go. Norv has promised to do alot with him this year and use him alot more like the Giants used Shockey. This guy is a beast, minor injuries and stalling without a healthy Fiedler is all that kept him out of the pro bowl last year. McMichael will put up better numbers than Sharpe or Franks, as much as Pollard, and not as much as Shockey. prediction 56catches 672yards 9TDs

I thought McM was compared to Shockey last year from what a lot of analyst said. .

What were his numbers last year anyway?

I dont do fantasy leagues so i saw that write up as very lacking. The thing I notice about McMike is how well he works with Wade. One play he cracks down on the DE and Wade goes after the LB, the next play they switch. The strong side of the D never knows where its coming from as this duo blew holes in that side of opposing Ds. Nails would be pulling into this wide open hole looking for peopel but he would end up on the safety downfield. Vince Lombardi would have been proud.

"I thought McM was compared to Shockey last year from what a lot of analyst said. ."

Then that article needs to be burned. NEWS FLASH: Shockey made the pro Bowl and led all TE's in rec's and yards last year.

*note, McMicheal not being as good as Shockey is NOT a knock on McMicheal... again.... not being as good as Shockey is not knock on McMicheal....

just like saying London Fletcher is not as good as Ray Lewis.... that is NOT a knock on London.... but Ray is a tremendous player, same with Shockey and both are nearly in a league of their own. Only Gonzalez compares respectively to Shockey IMO (and I hate shockey).

Mcmichael's numbers went down primarily b/c Lucas had such a poor understanding of the O that Turner had to scale down his rec. options. The TE was used primarily as a blocker during Lucas' tenure.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
"I thought McM was compared to Shockey last year from what a lot of analyst said. ."

Then that article needs to be burned. NEWS FLASH: Shockey made the pro Bowl and led all TE's in rec's and yards last year.

*note, McMicheal not being as good as Shockey is NOT a knock on McMicheal... again.... not being as good as Shockey is not knock on McMicheal....

just like saying London Fletcher is not as good as Ray Lewis.... that is NOT a knock on London.... but Ray is a tremendous player, same with Shockey and both are nearly in a league of their own. Only Gonzalez compares respectively to Shockey IMO (and I hate shockey).

The way McM was playing before Fiedler went down he would have most likely been in the Pro Bowl himself.

Shockey is their MAIN weapon in NY as well.

That's good because Fletcher isn't even in the same area code. McMicheal and Shockey have comparable numbers except Shockey was thrown at twice as much. Not sure why we stopped throwing at McMicheal when Jay went down. However I see Norv not letting that slide this year and he should get enough oppurtunity to make 60 grabs maybe more if he's used like an extra receiver in 3 WR sets.

"Shockey is their MAIN weapon in NY as well."

Amani Toomer and Tiki Barber were used more.

McMicheal up until Fiedler injury(6 games)-
21 receptions, 292 yards, 3 td's.

Shockey in the same time period(6 games)-
22 receptions,278 yards, 1 td

Randy was on pace to be the better tight end. He just didnt get the amount of throws that Shockey did. Even in the end, he still had better yards per catch, and twice the touchdowns.

And plus, you're not going to here a quarter of the dumb stuff from Randy the whole year then you will from Shockey in..ten minutes?

"Shockey is their MAIN weapon in NY as well."

Amani Toomer and Tiki Barber were used more.

Uhh..I dont know if you've noticed, but ones a WR and the others a RB. Of course they were used more. How often do you watch football, anyway?

So, he wasn't the main weapon, as whatshisname said.

Did you ever think that maybe teams figured out how to stop McMicheal after the first few games of the season?

Or how about instead of senseless speculation, we note that he didnt get thrown to? I realize you really like giving alternate, *wrong* reasoning to things, but calm down.

Back
Top Bottom