Face Off - Randy McMichael | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Face Off - Randy McMichael

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
So, he wasn't the main weapon, as whatshisname said.

Did you ever think that maybe teams figured out how to stop McMicheal after the first few games of the season?

Did you ever think maybe your just here to be an annoyance because you got too much time on your hands?

It's already on record from both Wanny and Turner that McMicheal got lost in the mix with all the turmoil that happened on offense. They are also going to expand his role from last year hence why we won't be doing any 4 WR sets this upcoming season.

McMichael has talent. He makes great catches, and is great after the catch. Lucas just didn't throw it to him.

This is a moot point, because everyone but MouldsRocks is willing to accept it.

Like someone stated, McMichael had 21 catches for 292 yards and 3 TD's over the first six games of the season, with a healthy Fiedler, and a very balanced attack. Had he kept up that pace, he would have had 56 catches for 778 yards and 8 TD's; and would be mentioned, along with Shockey and Gonzalez, as one of the top three TE's in football. Fiedler goes down, Lucas doesn't even look at Mac, and he hits a bit of a rookie wall. Not only is he going to be much more prepared in his 2nd year in Turner's offense, but both Jay Fiedler AND the backup, Brian Griese, love to utilize the TE, and Wannstedt has come out and said that McMichael will be heavily involved, all year long.

The guy has some freakish skills; he is a wide reciever in a Tight End's body, with the great athleticism, jumping ability, game speed, and body control. Not only that but he was more than an adequate blocker ALL year long (especially against Chicago on Urlacher when he wasn't being utilized much in the passing game). I fully expect him to catch atleast 50 passes for 700 yards and 5 touchdowns as the 2nd option in our passing attack.

the facts are this:

1) norv discovered that mcmike was an excellent blocker so he used him more and changed his scheme with the injuries.

2) injuries to jay, orande, and chambers, forced norv to turn to ricky as the main theme even more, henceforth the blocking schemes.

3) teams realized that mcmike was the only threat after the injuries so they doubled up on mcmike or payed particular attention to him. that means they respect him.

4) norv used weaver as the unsuspected TE to score TD's.

5) Bills fans only know about one thing, and that is that they make love to themsleves all day long while going 4-12 and 8-8.

there is a reason McMichael numbers dropped, Jay got hurt. Randy was young and was developing fast and having a great year. Jay gets hurt, Ray comes in and stinks up the joit, the offense sputters and fell behind in some games and needed the big plays. Even when jay came back he wasnt the same and we did never return to the style we were playing, we never got back into that rythm. Randy will be better this year all year in that the offense is in its second year w/ Norv, we understand better who the focal points on offense are. Ricky, then CC and then McMichael.

Originally posted by finfan54
5) Bills fans only know about one thing, and that is that they make love to themsleves all day long while going 4-12 and 8-8.

Too much, they went 3-13, then 8-8.:D

So, he wasn't the main weapon, as whatshisname said.

Did you ever think that maybe teams figured out how to stop McMicheal after the first few games of the season?

When I watched NY (not to often) play I saw Shockey being a lot more effective..

That's what I remember anyway ;\

the guy there mentions a keepers league which reminds me...does anyone know where i can find a fantasy keepers league that is free for me and my friends???

I would like to know a site with keeper leageus as well....

"norv discovered that mcmike was an excellent blocker"

Riiiiiiight.....

"injuries to jay, orande, and chambers, forced norv to turn to ricky as the main theme"

Wouldn't that mean more looks to McMike? Ala Trent Green, Tony G, and Marc Boerigter when Holmes went down. Stakey when Buckhalter went down. Streets when Stokes went down. Wayne when Ismail went down. Mungro when James was hurting. Pathon when Stallworth went down. Brooks and his WR's when Deuce was out. The Rams passing attack and Marc Bulger when Kurt and Marshall were out. Bennet, Wycheck, and McCariens when Dyson and Mason were hurt. etc. etc. etc.

" teams realized that mcmike was the only threat after the injuries so they doubled up on mcmike or payed particular attention to him. that means they respect him"

exactly... teams started planning for himn and look what happened. That was not the case with Shockey. He got better as the season went on!

"norv used weaver as the unsuspected TE to score TD's."

Yeah... that was the reason. :lol:

"Bills fans only know about one thing, and that is that they make love to themsleves all day long while going 4-12 and 8-8."

-TOS
-3-13... get it right! :D

I would like to know a site with keeper leageus as well....

"norv discovered that mcmike was an excellent blocker"

Riiiiiiight.....

"injuries to jay, orande, and chambers, forced norv to turn to ricky as the main theme"

Wouldn't that mean more looks to McMike? Ala Trent Green, Tony G, and Marc Boerigter when Holmes went down. Stakey when Buckhalter went down. Streets when Stokes went down. Wayne when Ismail went down. Mungro when James was hurting. Pathon when Stallworth went down. Brooks and his WR's when Deuce was out. The Rams passing attack and Marc Bulger when Kurt and Marshall were out. Bennet, Wycheck, and McCariens when Dyson and Mason were hurt. etc. etc. etc.

" teams realized that mcmike was the only threat after the injuries so they doubled up on mcmike or payed particular attention to him. that means they respect him"

exactly... teams started planning for himn and look what happened. That was not the case with Shockey. He got better as the season went on!

"norv used weaver as the unsuspected TE to score TD's."

Yeah... that was the reason. :lol:

"Bills fans only know about one thing, and that is that they make love to themsleves all day long while going 4-12 and 8-8."

-TOS
-3-13... get it right! :D

where do you live so i can come over a beat your a$$ silly?

ya thats the reasons. if you had tape of teh phin games you would know. it was only diagramed by jaworski and co. many times showing the blocking schemes that worked so well against the likes of one london" overrated" fletcher.

Also, about the genius Norv and his new philosophy after Jay went down.... he wasn't too bright as they went 2-4 under the new scheme. He should have adjusted after this. Or was it that the defense collapsed? I remember Ricky carrying the load vs us and you still lost. Although Fiedler didn't help with his duck throws and McMicheal gave us a gift on one of your drives.

For something like this all I can say is, let another team forget about him on the field and just see if they regret it, lol.

Lucas needed McM. to block for him so he wouldn't get his sorry a** sacked every down. Let's be serious, you can't use your TE effectively in a scheme if you have a crappy QB that stands there waiting for a D to come and plow him before he decides to throw the ball. The boys are healthy Rocks, Randy will be only one of your threats this year to worry about. (revenge is the sweetest joy next to getting p***y.) -2pac

We handled him quite well last season... including the first game when he was used quite often as a reciever b/c Chambers was out. :p

I hope he continues to stretch out for extra yards when he isn't even close to the first down marker! :lol: That was hilarious. Thanx Randy!

I think we WILL be thanking Randy alot this season when he starts to break records and ultimately becomes the AFC's best TE.

Back
Top Bottom