Fan hysteria abounds. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fan hysteria abounds.

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have been away, but I was in New Jersey for a wedding.
Not sure I am happy to be back. What's wrong with everyone?

Everyone is freaking out because we lost a very close game to one of the top 3 teams on the league. I think when I look at the game several things become apparent to me:

1. All the money spent on Seau and Knight would have been better spent on Wayne Gandy. The defensive additions are not statistically producing any better than last year and considering some of our losses the leadership factor is doubtful. Glad to have them, but would have rather had line help. Thats what we needed.

2. Griese is still better than Jay. I agree with the Fiedler Huggers that the O Line is mostly to blame for the QB troubles. However, if we are going to carry a liability as great as our line you need the best possible talent at QB. Although he was no Marino, he hit big plays and gave us a chance to win. Something Jay has not done all year. You can't ignore that passer rating and yardage.

3. The O Line is horrible. I mean really, really bad. What a shame having Ricky and those turds on the line. Its like having a Ferrari with an empty gas tank.

4. Its time to really question this coaching staff. The off season moves have not made the team better and they ignored what was know as our weakness. We are now paying through the teeth. The play calling is very questionable. No creativity, no use of Konrad, or Ricky in the passing game. Reallly sad. And where are Simmons and Tolver? What about Thompson? Since Derrius can't get open or make a catch, then the new guys deserve some chances.

5. I wonder, or the Colts that good or are we not as good as we hoped?

6. Its time for Seau to get more than 5 tackles a game. He was brought here to make big plays. Zach had 19 tackles. All that fist pumping and bravada are only cool if someone is making an impact.

7. Our recievers are only a smidgen better than our O Line. Sad.

8. It's time for people to give Randy McMichale the credit he is earning. He is stepping it up to a higher level this year.

And finally, there are plenty games left for this team to get better. They just really need to look at that line and get it better. We need Dixon back. Shoot him up, tape him up, casts pins whatever it takes. It doesn't have to improve a ton, just get average at least. I think if the line can re-establish the run then Griese will be very good. But if Ricky stay on his currrent pace you can forget it. The coaches will all deserve the pink slips they will get for Christmas.

Lets hope for a rebound against Tennessee.

It's not just Wade Smith. Jaime Nails lost a step and our Center has taken a step back as well. At best we have 2/5ths of a decent O-line, 2/5ths of a mediocre/poor O-line, and 1/5 of a flat out bad O-line. Unless you've got 3 linemen in your pocket or a magic "heal me" wand, we aren't even going to get up to "mediocre" before next season.

Originally posted by fin-atic

3. The O Line is horrible. I mean really, really bad. What a shame having Ricky and those turds on the line. Its like having a Ferrari with an empty gas tank.

Good analogy!

Yeah, that was a close game. Griese was pretty good, just unfortunate at the end. He got totally blindsided. Things will be different next week I bet.:cool:

Re: Re: Re: Fan hysteria abounds.

Originally posted by SJ Bronco

Better than a ferrari with a flat tire and blown rings like we got.

Chassis was fine when you got it you just ran it to the ground. I think wie will have much better success behind the wheel..

We had a bad driving record last year too. Warranty kicks in too late to fix the problem. I think we just need a better mechanic to keep the damn thing running and we'll be fine.

Seau had 11 tackles yesterday. His lowest total came against Buffalo....where he had 5 tackles. Here are Seau's tackle totals.....

TEX: 8
NYJ: 6
BUF: 5
NYG: 16
JAX: INJ
NE: 12
SD: 9
IND: 11

I think he has stepped up. In 7 games, Seau has 67 tackles. In 16 games, Derrick Rodgers had 91 (2002). :) Also, Zach had 22 tackles yesterday :eek:, giving him 104 for the year.

But I agree with the bulk of what you're saying. Valid points and concerns.

Originally posted by Muck
Seau had 11 tackles yesterday. His lowest total came against Buffalo....where he had 5 tackles. Here are Seau's tackle totals.....

TEX: 8
NYJ: 6
BUF: 5
NYG: 16
JAX: INJ
NE: 12
SD: 9
IND: 11

I think he has stepped up. In 7 games, Seau has 67 tackles. In 16 games, Derrick Rodgers had 91 (2002). :) Also, Zach had 22 tackles yesterday :eek:, giving him 104 for the year.

But I agree with the bulk of what you're saying. Valid points and concerns.

Zach's tackle numbers for this year are insane. The guy is at the top of his game. Truly amazing.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Zach's tackle numbers for this year are insane. The guy is at the top of his game. Truly amazing.
I especially liked that play where Edge ran him over, and into the endzone:D

HEY circling wagons, I seem to find your little smart *** comments at the end of every thread.......... What, there is no more room in any Buffalo Bill Super Bowl forum for you to write these idiotic comments? Funny how all that Syuper Bowl talked stopped right after that *** thumping in Miami...... Maybe I should head over to a Bill's site and..................yeah right!!!!

Originally posted by Phins13
HEY circling wagons, I seem to find your little smart *** comments at the end of every thread.......... What, there is no more room in any Buffalo Bill Super Bowl forum for you to write these idiotic comments? Funny how all that Syuper Bowl talked stopped right after that *** thumping in Miami...... Maybe I should head over to a Bill's site and..................yeah right!!!!
true...we aren't a Syuper Bowl quality team yet;)

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
I especially liked that play where Edge ran him over, and into the endzone:D

Oh you mean the one that looked just like that Sunday night game when Lawyer Milloy got run over by Ricky Williams at the goal line? I bet you forgot about THAT one huh? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom