Favorite game ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite game ever

dolphin_safe

Old Skool Baller
Reaction score
I'm sure this thread has been done before. What is your favorite game the Dolphins have played?
Going way back I remember the '71 playoffs beating the KC Chiefs 27-24 on x-mas day in OT. Still the longest game ever!
More recently beating the Colts in the WC game again in OT.
Also in '01 in the first game after 9/11 coming back to beat Oakland.

One mo' thing how many realize the Dolphins returned opening kickoff for a TD in their first game ever? Joe Ayers (I think) against the Raiders?
BTW - How long has it been since we return a kickoff for a TD?

God so many great Marino games and every game we beat the Jets and Bills.

That 71 KC game is the game that made me a Dolphin fan. My favorite might have been the one against the jests when Nate Moore did that helicopter catch.

The 82 playoff game VS San Diego. KILLER BEES just wiped out Air Fouts and Company 34-14 to avenge the 81 heartbreaker. Second choice would be the 84 AFC championship vs the steelers 45-28 for berth in the SB. 3rd-85 vs the Bears! AH THE GLORY YEARS!

Couldn't name one, so I'll go top 5: (keeping in mind that I wasn't alive for the Super Bowl victories and didn't become a football fan until 1985)

The first Dolphins-Bills game I attended (1993?), a 22-13 "not as close as the score indicated" win for the Phins.

The Monday Nighter against the Bears in 1985 that preserved the Greatest Streak Ever.

The Sunday Nighter against Denver from 2002.

The playoff game against the Bills from 1999(?).

The 31-0 butt-kicking of the Chargers that sent us to the AFC Championship in 1992.

Mudd Bowl - AJ Duhe 3 INTs vs Todd and Jets :D

The 1992 AFC Championship game. Kelly returns from injury and the Bills pound the Dolphins at home 29-10. they pick off Marino twice, and sack him 4 times. Seeing that croud get overtaken by the 1000's of Bills fans in attendence.

:D

phunwin said:
Couldn't name one, so I'll go top 5: (keeping in mind that I wasn't alive for the Super Bowl victories and didn't become a football fan until 1985)

The first Dolphins-Bills game I attended (1993?), a 22-13 "not as close as the score indicated" win for the Phins.

The Monday Nighter against the Bears in 1985 that preserved the Greatest Streak Ever.

The Sunday Nighter against Denver from 2002.

The playoff game against the Bills from 1999(?).

The 31-0 butt-kicking of the Chargers that sent us to the AFC Championship in 1992.

Without a doubt, Da'Bears game from '85. :cooldude: I know the Phins were not that great NOBODY gave them chance in hell of stopping the Bears juggernaut. I still get goose bumps when I go to Canton and see the all-time record boad read 17-0. :D

Seattle playoff game....Dan Marino's last come from behing victory. He would've brought us back again JAX to but Jimmy pulled him...haha!

Just about any game where we beat a division rival is good. The best for me is when we shellaced Denver the night they retired Smellways number.

Being that I am 23 I wasnt alive back in the 70s, and I didnt have a good knowledge of football in 1985. With that in mind, I'd agree that the sunday night game vs Denver was a great one, also a favorite of mine was the playoff game vs Indianapolis. I've never cheered so hard or yelled as much as I did when Lamar Smith scored the winning TD. Another time I yelled really loud was when Terrell Buckley picked Jim Kelly off in the endzone in Buffalo and ran 101 yds or so back for the clinching TD. I forget the date of that game but it was real exciting.

pigskinguy said:
Marino's first game back after the achilles injury when everyone said he was finished.

I was thinking the same thing. That game was against New England and both teams had close to 900 yards of offense that game. Really fun game to watch.

beam said:
The 1992 AFC Championship game. Kelly returns from injury and the Bills pound the Dolphins at home 29-10. they pick off Marino twice, and sack him 4 times. Seeing that croud get overtaken by the 1000's of Bills fans in attendence.

:D
Can't you find a Bills site to hang out on? Why would a fan of the Bills (never won the big game; and 25-39 over the past 4 years) feel the need to go to another team's site and talk trash?

Back
Top Bottom