FBGP's 2015 NFL Draft Grades: Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FBGP's 2015 NFL Draft Grades: Miami Dolphins

Good stuff. I love what you said about Parker and Douglas, but I do have to respectfully disagree about your analysis of Ajayi as a #2 back. I think that if his knee problems are overblown the kid has all of the ability that you look for in a feature back.
Also, you didn't say much about Jordan Phillips. What're your thoughts on him?

Good stuff. I love what you said about Parker and Douglas, but I do have to respectfully disagree about your analysis of Ajayi as a #2 back. I think that if his knee problems are overblown the kid has all of the ability that you look for in a feature back.
Also, you didn't say much about Jordan Phillips. What're your thoughts on him?

Seems like he wasn't high on him had him as the 9th rated dt, I think Ajayi is a good nfl back but agree he is not a lead back at this level

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ajayi is a good nfl back but agree he is not a lead back at this level
If his pass protection ability is adequate enough he can most certainly be a 3 down back in the league.

If his pass protection ability is adequate enough he can most certainly be a 3 down back in the league.

I don't think he can but who knows. I see him having a good career as a receiving back. I don't think his running style will be as successful in pros.

I don't think he can but who knows. I see him having a good career as a receiving back. I don't think his running style will be as successful in pros.
This is a NFL caliber run right here. The vision and quickness needed to hit that hole before it closes is special...

[video=youtube;YqG6VCnSlMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=YqG6VCnSlMA[/video]

This is a NFL caliber run right here. The vision and quickness needed to hit that hole before it closes is special...

[video=youtube;YqG6VCnSlMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=YqG6VCnSlMA[/video]

No offense but you can find a highlight or even a few highlights of any back. I don't think he will be as good a runner as a full time back in nfl.I could pull up Danielle thomas videos from college that would make him look like he would be a good back at this level.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense but you can find a highlight or even a few highlights of any back. I hurt don't think he will be as good a runner as a full time back in nfl.I could pull up Danielle thomas videos from college that would make him look like he would be a good back at this level.
Yea but it's been proven Jeff Ireland valued the wrong traits in players.

You never got the sense that Daniel Thomas wanted to be great and it's obvious he didn't due to the fact that he would show up late to meetings.

Listening to Jay Ajayi speak it becomes abundantly clear he has a true passion for the game of football. He talks about wanting to perfect his craft and needing to put in the extra work to prove his worth to his teammates.

Subtle signs like that are what you look for to determine if a guy is willing to do whatever it takes to be good.

With him I don't believe it's just lip service.

Yea but it's been proven Jeff Ireland valued the wrong traits in players.

You never got the sense that Daniel Thomas wanted to be great and it's obvious he didn't due to the fact that he would show up late to meetings.

Listening to Jay Ajayi speak it becomes abundantly clear he has a true passion for the game of football. He talks about wanting to perfect his craft and needing to put in the extra work to prove his worth to his teammates.

Subtle signs like that are what you look for to determine if a guy is willing to do whatever it takes to be good.

With him I don't believe it's just lip service.
I don't doubt his passion just his ability to do it full time.
I think he can be a valuable contributer though.

Ajayi size, running characteristics and running/receiving statistics compare to Marshawn Lynch coming out of college. If he does not get injured I would say Ajayi is a starting caliber back. Now we will have two of them.

I don't doubt his passion just his ability to do it full time.
I think he can be a valuable contributer though.

So what exactly is it about Ajayi that you think doesn't translate to the NFL?

Ajayi size, running characteristics and running/receiving statistics compare to Marshawn Lynch coming out of college. If he does not get injured I would say Ajayi is a starting caliber back. Now we will have two of them.
Lynch averaged a full yard more per carry than jay

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

So what exactly is it about Ajayi that you think doesn't translate to the NFL?

Said it doesn't translate to starting nfl back not nfl.

Lynch averaged a full yard more per carry than jay

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Said it doesn't translate to starting nfl back not nfl.

OK so what doesn't translate to him being a starter?

Back
Top Bottom