FCC urged to end black out rule! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FCC urged to end black out rule!

If the billionaire owners continue to get welfare in the form of taxpayer money for stadiums...

Then the taxpayers should be able to watch without the threat of a black out...

The NFL is not going to allow this to happen....They are already losing to the couch. Tickets sales are down in alot of cities.

Why should the rule end? If the game is being played in the local market why should it be televised if it doesn't sell out? The rule is supposed to get people off their couch and into the stadium.

The main reason the rule should end is todays economy, which doesn't give alot of people the luxury of attending these very expensive games, sports in general are at least for me, therapy in disconnecting from the daily grind. I don't think the fans should be held hostage by the NFL.

Why should the rule end? If the game is being played in the local market why should it be televised if it doesn't sell out? The rule is supposed to get people off their couch and into the stadium.
It doesn't work.

In Miami for example it would work if Ross didn't buy all the remaining tickets to make sure it is put on TV. Black out a few games and people will start going back to the games.
It wouldn't work. No one down here really cares about the team right now.

The best one is the Bengals...

They got the best taxpayer funded deal of all time...It was totally one side for the stingy Brown family...

But the taxpayers can't watch...LOL.

It wouldn't work. No one down here really cares about the team right now.

Correct.

The other 3 teams are currently more exciting.

Heat for the obvious reasons. Marlins new stadium and owner spent alot of money. Panthers are in first place in the division.

Even the Hurricanes for football pulled of a kick *** recruiting class. They should be back soon.

In Miami for example it would work if Ross didn't buy all the remaining tickets to make sure it is put on TV. Black out a few games and people will start going back to the games.

Really it is what he should do but you know that ppl would be going off on him saying he is cheap if he didnt get a deal done..

I've given up harping at my fellow fans to attend games ...

If it gets blacked out, it gets blacked out (doesn't impact me personally either way)

I've given up harping at my fellow fans to attend games ...

If it gets blacked out, it gets blacked out (doesn't impact me personally either way)

The at home experience I've found out is much better than going to the games...

HD/replay/Redzone + saving a boat load of money swings it in the favor...

And I just ended over 10 years of season tickets...

I bet its the boring mediocrity that got to me...If we had a kick *** team, I would have continued them...The 2010 home record did me in...

Back
Top Bottom