Fed Up With D Wannstedt Then Sign Here | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fed Up With D Wannstedt Then Sign Here

Originally posted by wayner
i take it you are all happy finishing 3rd in the division then.

well i`m not and i cant see us going anywhere with dave.i just hope i`m proven wrong !!

these players that dave has brought in,how many of the 15 or so do we want only about 4 or 5 ricky is his stud signing griese is great for miami but he wont ever start a game unless jay 'the interceptor'fiedler gets injured

if dave ditches fiedler then maybe i`ll be more happy but dave does make bone head decisions not one starter in the 2003 draft no second round pick next year he even tried to trade away next years 1st rounder that would of given us no 1st or second round pick next year can you imagine that!!!!

wayner

Can anyone that speaks this language translate for me please.

Go Wanny!:lol:

Originally posted by dolphinators13

You must be pretty satisfied with going 11-5, 11-5, 9-7 over the last three years and getting nowhere.

I'll take it! hell...I have to! Can you promise me it would have been any better? If you have those powers how bout sending the winning numbers for this weeks lotto. It could be a lot worse. Injuries and lack of depth is what hurt the Phins last year.

Originally posted by wayner
i`m not happy with 11-5 and getting smashed in the playoffs!!!

as for everyone slagging me off for starting this petition i think is wrong if you dont agree then dont sign simple as that really

dave loves jay and jay cant take us all the way we havent been anywhere near the superbowl so ant regular season stats are not worth noting we may as well of went 1-15 rather than 9-7 at least we would of got some better draft picks,but then again they way dave has done this years draft he would of probably picked the same rubbish,we drafted a bunch of back ups and special teams players and i think that is unacceptable!!!!

wayner

Really? You seem to have a wealth of information to share with us. I'm curious as to how you formed this opinion? Was it based on years of experience in professional sports? Perhaps you are a Professional coach or front office person? Player? Or are you a fan with an opinion that may or may not have played Pop warner or High School football?

Go to a clinic and educate yourself if you are going to make such strong posts. You'll quickly realize you might want to be less demanding and lots more quiet.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Really? You seem to have a wealth of information to share with us. I'm curious as to how you formed this opinion? Was it based on years of experience in professional sports? Perhaps you are a Professional coach or front office person? Player? Or are you a fan with an opinion that may or may not have played Pop warner or High School football?

Go to a clinic and educate yourself if you are going to make such strong posts. You'll quickly realize you might want to be less demanding and lots more quiet.

:lol: :up:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Only one place and that's when we were down inside our own 20..the passes were thown, that wasn't conservative, that was offensive...but I thought we should have been running Ricky then..We should have been more conservative, but I quess the coaches felt they could burst one and get a first and hold onto the ball, it didn't work..But our 3rd string D, should have rose to the occassion and held the Pats, just like the Bucks, or the 2000 Ravens D..rememer the Titian game..at the 1 yard line, Balt D. held..the pats went 60 yards on our D..that's players, not coaching. The players got tight and choked.

If it's the players, then it's still Wannstedt's job to replace those that need replacing, and he hasn't done that. 21 of 22 starters returning, the only one not returning had nothing whatsoever to do with the loss to the Patriots. Neither did the reserve LBs.

Wannstedt said he was going to get a quality LT and upgrade the receivers. I'm still waiting on the quality LT and I'm not sure if D. Thompson is an upgrade over Gadsden. And McDrops is still a Dolphin.

Wannstedt said that next season the Dolphin passing game would rank second to none. Without a true LT, and without receivers you can count on to get open, catch, and hold onto the ball, how is that going to happen?

Maybe there wasn't a LT or a WR available in the 2nd that could come in and start, but then again, maybe there was. I think most people would be happy with the draft if they had went that direction with the 1st pick, instead of getting a little known LB for the bench and special teams.

I'm just tired of these same stop-gap measures used by the team every year for the OL and WR positions, not only by Wannstedt, but Johnson and Shula before him. We haven't had a pair of WRs that would truly scare an opposing D since the Marks Bros., and the OL hasn't been seriously looked at in the offseason since Webb and Simms were drafted in '90.

The lack of importance given to those areas affected Marino's game in his latter years, and it affects Fiedler's game today. In that same NE game, the Pats got good pressure on Fiedler rushing only 3, and Chambers and McDrops were unable to get open when they needed to.

Take a look at Gannon. He's good because he has HOF receivers to throw to, and Pro Bowl OL blocking for him. Give Fiedler a good LT and a playmaking WR to compliment Chambers, he'll be just as good. Returning the same players year after year will just get us the same results, wondering what happened in December.

Well I will say this, look what Wanny did in Chicago. And now look at the team he had last year in Miami. They were easily a top 5 team in the NFL when it came to talent. And still nothing? The only reason the Bucs won the super bowl is because they had Gruden. A coach means a lot. With a good coach, I think our December slides would go away. Either way its 2003 or bust, so we have to root and get behind Wanny.

Yes, we're all satisfied with 9-7. STFU!!

I'm not a Wannstedt fan, but I wouldn't sign that petition: seems too reactive to this draft, and this draft makes sense given the options available.

Not a popular view, but I see Wannstedt as a great guy and a good coach, -- a play-offs coach, but not a SuperBowl coach. He's made some great choices and moves on the personnel front... can't knock him there. Can he get the big job done? I don't think so.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE prove me wrong, Dave.

It would just royally suck to look back on this period of so much concentrated talent without that big shiny trophy.:(

[Humor me, guys -- I've just been waiting SUCH a long time. Thanks.]

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Can anyone that speaks this language translate for me please.

Go Wanny!:lol:

I think he said. THE DOLPHINS SUCK, about 100 times. I think!

Oliver...

Originally posted by T-ROCK
Add my signature to the list!!!

NOT...

You scared me T-Rock! Not funny! :D

Oliver...

I'm not a Wanny fan, but I have been proved wrong before. Just this time I really hope Wanny does prove me wrong in '03.

I won't sign that petition, but if this team doesn't at least go to the AFC Championship Wannstedt better be fired. I think all of this petition stuff is absolutely ridiculous and these new petitions should be banned. The only good one was the Joe Robbie stadium one, now this is all getting stupid.

In the words of the Great John Madden; I can't sign the petition because I don't agree with it & If I don't agree with it then I can't sign it"

Back
Top Bottom