Feel bad for JT | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feel bad for JT

I don't feel sorry for him now. I do feel sorry for JT and Thomas, Madison, Ricky, etc. that the Dolphins never found a great QB/coach to get that amazing dolphins defense a Super Bowl opportunity back in 2000-2003.

I don't see him as a "traitor" because I blame overrated Parcells, who bailed on us after 2 years for what happened. JT wanted to play and would have played for the Dolphins if they showed interest. They didn't, the Jets gave him a great amount of money, whatever. He'll go into the Hall as a Dolphin and that's that. I'm glad he lost with the Jets though regardless of what Parcells did.

Madison got a ring in '07 with the Giants.

JT went with the Jets because they were the only team that would sign him, it was the jets or sit at home this season, and to be honest, JT is more upset that that could be his LAST game in the NFL more than just losing a AFC Campionship game. He knows his career is about done.

JT tried everything he could to stay with the Fin's, the FO did not want him plain and simple, Man has to feed his family, I don't blame him for what he did. You don't let pride get in the way of taking care of your family.

I HATE when professional athletes used this bs phrase. It is a slap in the face to everyone, who wakes up at 6 in the morning and works all day for a pay check. It is an insult tp people with out jobs actually struggng to feed their families. JT plays a GAME for a living and had made MILLIONS of dollars in the process. If he retired with some class and remained loyal, would his children have straved in the streets? Only thing that pisses me off more is fans who make a fraction of that these guys make actually making this ridiculous arguement.

Hell no I don't feel sorry for him. He needs to go get some education in class from ZT. "He is so happy to be a Jet". Well, retire a Jet without a ring. Screw that dude, it was always about him.

LOL. Shouldn't it be? I mean, that's what it IS all about.

I know in my life, it's ALL about ME ME ME. That's who I am and that's who I care about—ME.

I have no loyalty to my employer because they have no loyalty to me. And you have no loyalty to your employer either because as soon as a better opportunity comes along, you'll bail on your company just like Jason Taylor bailed on his.

I have no sympathy for the Jets and I have no sympathy for Jason Taylor. That's the business of the NFL. Good for Jason for going out and joining a better team with an opportunity to compete for a ring. That's what it's all about...but I'm glad they lost.

LOL. Shouldn't it be? I mean, that's what it IS all about.

I know in my life, it's ALL about ME ME ME. That's who I am and that's who I care about—ME.

I have no loyalty to my employer because they have no loyalty to me. And you have no loyalty to your employer either because as soon as a better opportunity comes along, you'll bail on your company just like Jason Taylor bailed on his.

I have no sympathy for the Jets and I have no sympathy for Jason Taylor. That's the business of the NFL. Good for Jason for going out and joining a better team with an opportunity to compete for a ring. That's what it's all about...but I'm glad they lost.

How could it possibly be all about you when clearly the world revolves around ME?

I don't feel bad for him at all. In fact, him being on the team in the first place made me want them to lose even more than I already would have.

Hell no! He made himself a hated figure with Miami to win a ring with our rivals and he failed. He deserves this.

I can't think of one time during Jason Taylor's entire career that he dominated a important game or a playoff game. In fact, it was just the opposite. He was a non-factor in almost every single one of them. He was one of the biggest reasons the defenses he was part of in Miami were such a disappointment every time they made the playoffs or were fighting to get in them. The defense just didn't show up, and Jason Taylor was one of the biggest culprits of their meltdowns. Just like in Miami, J.T. was a non factor for the Jets when they needed him most.

I was thinking the same thing, he was never there when the team needed him.

You know, I have said it before. Jason Taylor is one of my all time favorite Dolphins players, and I will always view him as a Dolphin. But when you put all your "eggs in one basket" like that, it's hard to feel bad for someone when they drop the basket.

Don't get me wrong, the Jets were the only other team to offer him a contract. But we all know that he signed on with them for two reasons. One, he wasn't ready to retire(some will say it was for money). And two, he thought he had the best chance at making a Super Bowl with the Jets. But I do not feel sorry for him that he didn't make it into the Super Bowl. Just like I don't feel bad that Tomlinson didn't make it either. I know the media seems to be trying to spin up some sympathy for the older players on the Jets, but again I don't feel bad for them because they didn't make it to the Super Bowl.

Some of you are crazy lol.

Look, I don't feel bad for the guy . . . he joined a hated rival and I wanted them to lose last night . . . feeling sympathy for him was lost when he put on that green and white uniform. However, I don't hate JT . . . some of these "burn in hell" comments are just overboard. There would be much more hate towards him if the Fins actually offered him a contract and he declined us to play with the Jets, that is not the case, and I can't knock a man for not begging and pleading with the Fins to offer him a contract and actually going to another team who did offer him a contract, even if it is the Jets.

Trying to discredit his solid play with the Dolphins because he is a Jet now is just comical, JT was a great player for this team for years . . . a face of this defense and former DPOY . . . he is getting older now, and he wanted to win a ring . . . meaning he wanted to still play. Nobody knows if Miami offered him a contract would he have stayed but clearly he wanted to continue playing and the Jets offered him a deal and he took it.

Now I'm not sure if his motives were to say FU to the Dolphins, or further his acting career, or whatever . . . but to trash this man like he is being trashed in this thread is a bit much.

Sorry, I really don't care. This is the Jets were talking about and I admit to rooting for the Steelers yesterday.

In the end, I'm a Miami Dolphin fan, not a players fan...I only care about the players that are currently trying to help my team win.

Loves Miami and hates the Jets. Then wants out of Miami. Then wants back in Miami. Then goes to the Jets and loves them. I can't keep up with this guy!?!?! If he could, he'd sign with Pittsburgh or Green Bay this week.

Back
Top Bottom