Feeley Deserves More Credit. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Deserves More Credit.

eddie4fins said:
He took over for Fiedler not Dan.

Cmon man I know this. My point is....that with how many qb's we bring in, no matter how many years have past, no matter how many games we've won or lost, fans will always rag and get mad at every mistake whoever is at qb. After a qb like Dan, fans were used to such a great player, and I just think that we wont see a GREAT qb for the dolphins in a long time. I have alot of Faith in Feeley, and think he will be a good qb, but in the NFL, good doesnt cut it.

-I know with my first post I strayed from the point of the thread....oh well.-

KPDolfan424 said:
Cmon man I know this. My point is....that with how many qb's we bring in, no matter how many years have past, no matter how many games we've won or lost, fans will always rag and get mad at every mistake whoever is at qb. After a qb like Dan, fans were used to such a great player, and I just think that we wont see a GREAT qb for the dolphins in a long time. I have alot of Faith in Feeley, and think he will be a good qb, but in the NFL, good doesnt cut it.

-I know with my first post I strayed from the point of the thread....oh well.-

Half truth...........what you forget to admit to is the fact that we haven't had one real gamebreaker at QB since his retirement. We've tried some serviceable people and it hasn't worked out. We just don't want to see interceptions returned for TD's every game.

enigmatics said:
Half truth...........what you forget to admit to is the fact that we haven't had one real gamebreaker at QB since his retirement. We've tried some serviceable people and it hasn't worked out. We just don't want to see interceptions returned for TD's every game.

Damn right.

Finland said:
Feeley deserves credit when he wins 9 games. Until then he is a QB in the NFL. After turning the corner past 8-8 he will desrve some credit. that being said, He obvioiusly has a bit of credit or he wouldn't me here. How much credit does one 4-12 QB need?

TEAM WINS GAMES!!!

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
TEAM WINS GAMES!!!

Yet it's the nature of the position to be the leader and commander of the team, therefore taking more of the accolades or more of the heat.

I haven't seen anyone mention all spring that Feeley could barely walks because of the amount of hits he took without an o-line. The man literally was wincing with every step he took.

And I hate to tell you guys, but THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER DAN MARINO!!! The guy was the best of all-time, you can't judge his successors by his stats. I know Feeley has to improve, but you have to give him a mulligan for last year. There was very, very, very little working in his favor, if anything at all.

RWhitney014 said:
I haven't seen anyone mention all spring that Feeley could barely walks because of the amount of hits he took without an o-line. The man literally was wincing with every step he took.

Nobody is denying his toughness........

RWhitney014 said:
Playing injured affects your final performance.

How do you figure? Those injuries were not responsible for him locking on to recievers or throwing off his back foot. Those of us skeptical of the man are so because of where his game is at mentally.

Maybe he was throwing off his back foot because his body couldn't physically support proper technique. That's all I'm saying...not an excuse, just a possible reason as to why he struggled that seems to have gone ignored.

RWhitney014 said:
Maybe he was throwing off his back foot because his body couldn't physically support proper technique. That's all I'm saying...not an excuse, just a possible reason as to why he struggled that seems to have gone ignored.

he threw off his back foot in week one, it was a pick six. he threw off his back foot in week two, yet another pick-six. this was before he got hurt, so what is the possible reason there? i've got it, he's a bum. frankly, i don't owe a.j. feeley jack-shiznit. up until now, all he's shown me is that he has good physical tools but can't read defenses to save his arse and makes dumb decisions- a poor man's rob johnson is what i see, and until he proves otherwise, he gets no credit.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Well Im Just Stating My Opinion Here And I Think This Guy Got Better As Season Went On.once He Got On The Same Page With The Wr's And Lets Not Forget The Te That Was Extinct Till Feeley Came In The Lineup This Guy Has Potential. He Has Alot Of Upside Ya He Made A Couple Of Bonehead Mistakes That Made Me Mad But THIS GUY TOOK A BEATING Look What New Guy Just Comes In And Tears It Up His First Year.this Kid Needs Time And I Really Think He Could Get Us Where We Want To Go And Thats The Big Dance.
He was an inexperienced starter who did ok with what he had been dealt. I'm pulling for him.

Feeley deserves credit for playing tough through perhaps the worst year in franchise history the last 30 years. Having a great running game or Randy Moss hauling down balls wouldn't negate him making poor decisions and throwing directly to the opposing team. It wouldn't make him any more accurate or make better decisions. By solving other deficiencies on the team it may allot him another second or two to perhaps make better decisions. He has "potential" but until he starts showing he can be a starter....he doesn't deserver to be.

AJ deserves nothing at this point but to prove he can lead this team. He is in the dirvers seat now and if he does not, then we will be looking for a new QB.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Well Im Just Stating My Opinion Here And I Think This Guy Got Better As Season Went On.once He Got On The Same Page With The Wr's And Lets Not Forget The Te That Was Extinct Till Feeley Came In The Lineup This Guy Has Potential. He Has Alot Of Upside Ya He Made A Couple Of Bonehead Mistakes That Made Me Mad But THIS GUY TOOK A BEATING Look What New Guy Just Comes In And Tears It Up His First Year.this Kid Needs Time And I Really Think He Could Get Us Where We Want To Go And Thats The Big Dance.

I think its crazy how u begin everyword with a cap.... except when u start a new sentence.

Back
Top Bottom