Feeley is being judged unfairly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley is being judged unfairly

FinsDontGiveIn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It is very disturbing to me that dolfin fans are passing judgement on A.J. considering all the offensive problems we have. There isn't a QB in the NFL that could have had a good season with the tools he had. If anyone hasn't noticed the passion and talent this kid has shame on you. A.J. is the guy for the job, just give him the rest of the tools he needs and watch. He will be a big timer.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
It is very disturbing to me that dolfin fans are passing judgement on A.J. considering all the offensive problems we have. There isn't a QB in the NFL that could have had a good season with the tools he had. If anyone hasn't noticed the passion and talent this kid has shame on you. A.J. is the guy for the job, just give him the rest of the tools he needs and watch. He will be a big timer.
Not everyone is like that.

Just the ones who haven't watched the NFL long enough to understand how difficult it is to find a QB with both those attributes, no matter where he comes from.

AJ is judged *unfairly* by the following:

1). Jay F. supporters
2). People that won't realize that the days of Dan Marino are gone
3). People that just don't care for AJ
4). People that are pissed of how our season went and since AJ played most of the games, they want to blame him.

A fan's judgement really doesn't matter to a player when they are cashing their checks for millions.

WE gave AJ the best tool out there, and that tool is Nick Saban and he will straight foward and if AJ doesn't cut it, then he rides the bench. I hope AJ improves and continues to show good signs in next season, but it the new coach doesn't feel he gives us the best chance to win(oh god, Wanny era still not fully flushed out of me), then we know AJ isn't the ONE.

Phinz1972 said:
AJ is judged *unfairly* by the following:

1). Jay F. supporters
2). People that won't realize that the days of Dan Marino are gone
3). People that just don't care for AJ
4). People that are pissed of how our season went and since AJ played most of the games, they want to blame him.

A fan's judgement really doesn't matter to a player when they are cashing their checks for millions.

WE gave AJ the best tool out there, and that tool is Nick Saban and he will straight foward and if AJ doesn't cut it, then he rides the bench. I hope AJ improves and continues to show good signs in next season, but it the new coach doesn't feel he gives us the best chance to win(oh god, Wanny era still not fully flushed out of me), then we know AJ isn't the ONE.

5) People who don't like other people who like Feeley.

8). Eagles fan that get mad when people say *Well really, AJ was the 2nd string QB*

I don't really know how I feel about the whole situation. I like Feeley for a few reasons: 1. seems to be accurate
2. Strong Arm
3. Progressively getting better. If you couldn't see he was adjusting in the second half of the season you are nuts. He can only get better. Unfortunately, there were a lot of catchable balls that werent getting caught. I guess it's hard to catch a ball from a real NFL qb when ur used to EARS throwing lobs all day. When it comes to the draft, I don't care what we draft, QB i'll be fine, RB would be fine as well...I don't think we have any other options for our #2 pick. I'm just wondering why A. Smith jumped up in the rankings so quickly. Don't know very much about. Rodgers is a little to short but I've heard he's got some wheels on em.

P.S. G'mornin Phinz1972

Dolfan73 said:
P.S. G'mornin Phinz1972

Morning? *Opens curtains*
*Holy ****, it is morning :confused: *

Mornin' man, sorry that I havent been on AIM that much, been doing 50million things at once and its taking its toll(sleeping wise) but I am still awaiting for my ps2 to return from being customized, so when I get it back, will have to help ya out some more.

I would be SOOO pissed if we wasted our #2 overall pic on a worthless QB, No matter which one we pick it still would be a worthless QB.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
Ok so maybe AJ will pan out, but I have to completely, totally, and utterly disagree that no Qb in the NFL could have had a good season. If we had Manning, McNabb, Vick, Farve we would be in the playoffs right now. Great Qb's can carry a team to the playoffs. Maybe not Superbowl, but cmon to act like the Qb play wasnt a MAJOR reason for the terrible season is being a little apologist towards Feeley. He played terrible. Those ints for tds absolutely killed us. Coincidentally when he started to play a little better we starting to win a few.....just a coincidence......
The offensive line stunk up the joint and I probaly could have given us the running game our Rb's did but the Qb stunk just as bad, we stunk on all phases of offense.
I have the same attitude with AJ that I had with Fiedler. I don't see the great talent, don't seem him being great, but I hope he proves me wrong. I root for the guy but Im not sold on him, he just doesnt look great to me.
I am jealous of him for his girlfriend though:cool:

FinsDontGiveIn said:
I would be SOOO pissed if we wasted our #2 overall pic on a worthless QB, No matter which one we pick it still would be a worthless QB.
Why do you say that, are you a Leinart fan? Alex Smith is going to be big in the NFL, the kid is too smart to suck. I'm slowly beginning to think maybe drafting Alex Smith wouldn't be so bad, I'd prefer to trade down though. Isn't Green Bay dying for Smith?

finfansince72 said:
Ok so maybe AJ will pan out, but I have to completely, totally, and utterly disagree that no Qb in the NFL could have had a good season. If we had Manning, McNabb, Vick, Farve we would be in the playoffs right now. Great Qb's can carry a team to the playoffs. Maybe not Superbowl, but cmon to act like the Qb play wasnt a MAJOR reason for the terrible season is being a little apologist towards Feeley. He played terrible. Those ints for tds absolutely killed us. Coincidentally when he started to play a little better we starting to win a few.....just a coincidence......
The offensive line stunk up the joint and I probaly could have given us the running game our Rb's did but the Qb stunk just as bad, we stunk on all phases of offense.
I have the same attitude with AJ that I had with Fiedler. I don't see the great talent, don't seem him being great, but I hope he proves me wrong. I root for the guy but Im not sold on him, he just doesnt look great to me.
I am jealous of him for his girlfriend though:cool:
I wish we would have just played him from the start. We saw all three of our QB's play and none of them were amazing, Feeley being the best in my opinion. We were pretty much screwed from week 2, I would have preferred to let Feeley play the rest of the season. Imagine if he had got going earlier.

inFINSible said:
5) People who don't like other people who like Feeley.

8) People that are shellshocked from the whole Jay Feeidler Dave wanny era that they are too paranoid to give AJ a shot to show what he has with a real offense. They want instant success under any circumstances and the door for anything else immediately.

9) Those people that are afraid there are no more qbs after Rodgers and Smith and if AJ fails to progress in 05 we will have to wait til the current high school qbs go thru high school to get a qb.

10) People that realize that the quarterback position is the most important position and the field and believe that you do everything it takes to get a great one.

Back
Top Bottom