Feeley is being judged unfairly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley is being judged unfairly

11) people who believe there is a great one in this draft.

ANYONE who thinks Manning MCNabb or Vick or anyone else would have gotten us in the playoffs is kidding themselves. they would have been good for 3 more wins at best.

Manning - He is the best of the bunch. He is not mobile, he is as much a sitting diuck for the blitz as AJ. He has the best playaction in football, but play action doesnt work if noone cares if you run. He cant throw the ball lieing on his back.

McNabb - He has already shown a propensity to fall short when the cast around him fails. He is a great qb, but with no run game and o-line, he would be running not throwing. Not a sure fire recipe for success.

I will admit that when you look at the games we could have won, there is a shot Manning and Mcnabb could have possibly got us to 8 wins, by the shear ability. That isnt good enough for playoffs. They are also savvy veterans as compared to a 1st year starter. Expecting AJ to play up to the level of the elite qbs in his first year starting in first year with this team in this offense or he stinks means you clearly have unrealistic expectations.

rickeyrunsover said:
ANYONE who thinks Manning MCNabb or Vick or anyone else would have gotten us in the playoffs is kidding themselves. they would have been good for 3 more wins at best.

Manning - He is the best of the bunch. He is not mobile, he is as much a sitting diuck for the blitz as AJ. He has the best playaction in football, but play action doesnt work if noone cares if you run. He cant throw the ball lieing on his back.

McNabb - He has already shown a propensity to fall short when the cast around him fails. He is a great qb, but with no run game and o-line, he would be running not throwing. Not a sure fire recipe for success.

I will admit that when you look at the games we could have won, there is a shot Manning and Mcnabb could have possibly got us to 8 wins, by the shear ability. That isnt good enough for playoffs. They are also savvy veterans as compared to a 1st year starter. Expecting AJ to play up to the level of the elite qbs in his first year starting in first year with this team in this offense or he stinks means you clearly have unrealistic expectations.

Manning would have been great in Miami because he doesn't get rattled when teams blitz him. Blitzing him is like blitzing Marino. You will die a slow, painful death if you blitz Peyton Manning. He will carve you up.

What happened when teams blitzed AJ? Oh, he got rattled and threw interceptions.

12) People that think because someone is rated top of that draft means they would have been rated that in high in drafts that had an elite qb or qbs drafted.

My point is we need to get another QB, can you honestly say you think AJ is the future. I don't know, he made some progress, but I'm still not sold on him. I would like to get a young QB that could have a future to groom and step in if need be.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
My point is we need to get another QB, can you honestly say you think AJ is the future. I don't know, he made some progress, but I'm still not sold on him. I would like to get a young QB that could have a future to groom and step in if need be.

No he is not guarenteed. He made progress and improved in all areas. Not enough to say he is there yet, but enough to say he can be very good to great with an improed line, an improved system that allows a qb to be successful and a whole offseason as the guy, so he and the team develop a cohesion they started getting at the end.

I also think that is why you need to be active in FA to fill your other pressing needs that allow you to go qb, even tho youu have a qb. This would allow you to do it because you havent foresaken the rest of the team to hedge a bet on AJ. Then, if AJ does produce and turn out you have 2 good qbs. If not you have a fallback. But if you can only solidify one position in FA and get other possibles, you cant automatically draft a qb, when you have a guy that has shown the ability, even if it wasnt over a long enough period after a mistake prone period to say with certainty he iit and you can get a very talented guy later at that position (qb)

rickeyrunsover said:
12) People that think because someone is rated top of that draft means they would have been rated that in high in drafts that had an elite qb or qbs drafted.

This isn't a situation like 2000 where Chad Pennington was the top rated quarterback. Quarterbacks don't get bumped up to the top of the draft just because they happen to be the best at those positions. They are at the top of the draft because they deserve to be at the top of the draft. If there is any doubt in a QB, they don't go at the top of the draft

See Chad Pennington. The top rated QB of the 2000 draft, he goes 17th. Drew Brees was the best quarterback in the 2001 (Michael Vick is a running back, not a quarterback), and he went in the second round.

In 1997, Jim Druckenmiller went in the middle part of the first round, not the top part.

In 1996, no quarterbacks were taken in the first round.

Quarterbacks don't become top rated draft picks if it isn't deserving.

rickeyrunsover said:
No he is not guarenteed. He made progress and improved in all areas. Not enough to say he is there yet, but enough to say he can be very good to great with an improed line, an improved system that allows a qb to be successful and a whole offseason as the guy, so he and the team develop a cohesion they started getting at the end.

I also think that is why you need to be active in FA to fill your other pressing needs that allow you to go qb, even tho youu have a qb. This would allow you to do it because you havent foresaken the rest of the team to hedge a bet on AJ. Then, if AJ does produce and turn out you have 2 good qbs. If not you have a fallback. But if you can only solidify one position in FA and get other possibles, you cant automatically draft a qb, when you have a guy that has shown the ability, even if it wasnt over a long enough period after a mistake prone period to say with certainty he iit and you can get a very talented guy later at that position (qb)

There is the flaw in the thinking. Ignoring the quarterback is what foresakes the team. Keeping mediocre ability at that position is what foresakes the team. It is what has kept this team from advancing of the past 5 years. It doesn't matter what talent you have around the quarterback if the quarterback isn't any good.

That's why the quarterback is the most important position on the field, and that's why you do everything you can to get a great one.

I mean this guy brought us back from deficits.

He played with bruised back, dislocated thumbs and always gave it his all.

Peyton Manning wouldnt be able to do crap w/ our o line.

Whenever Feeley had more than 3 seconds to throw he always completed the pass.

KB21 said:
10) People that realize that the quarterback position is the most important position and the field and believe that you do everything it takes to get a great one.
amen brother. amen.

KB21 said:
Manning would have been great in Miami because he doesn't get rattled when teams blitz him. Blitzing him is like blitzing Marino. You will die a slow, painful death if you blitz Peyton Manning. He will carve you up.

What happened when teams blitzed AJ? Oh, he got rattled and threw interceptions.

Your living in fanatsy land if you think Manning could have withstodd those blitzes. Because you hyperposed him doing great in your mind doesnt mean it would translate to reality. Sorry but Manning cant show his greatness lieing on his back. AJ threw alot of ints the last 3 weeeks? The last 3 he played in a what have you done for me lately league vs what he had done before. 2 of the last 3 were against playoff teams and 1 was the defending super bowl champs who happened to have finished 14-2. I would say, and many others it seems, say AJ greew alot more comfortable in the face of teh blitz the more experience he got.

Comparing AJ in his 1st year to manning in his 6th is ridiculous. to have the same expectations from him this year is ridiculous.

The talent in this draft is pretty much equal at the top...ie, no clear cut number one. That being the case, of course a QB is going to be deemed the highest rated player.

Frankly KB, I'm surprised that someone of your over-all knowledge, doesn't take into account. the progression that AJ made after one of the worst coaching regimes of all time was taken out of the equation.

The kid obviously has the talent and the passion to be a great QB. From the progression that I saw, it's also clear that he has the ability to learn from his playing time.

I saw nothing from AJ that says we need to forsake all the other needs on this team in order to fill this "giant hole" at QB.

Back
Top Bottom