Feeley is better then Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley is better then Fiedler

Originally posted by WharfRat

actually... no you can't.

They have NOT been revealed yet... especially since officially, no deals can be made until March 3rd.

If you have a link to prove me wrong... please provide it... however I think you'll find the only thing they are saying is "conditional draft pick". What those conditions are... only the FO's of the Phins and Eagles know at this point...

Actually it is everywhere, you should look around not hard to find, front page of NFL on espn

In exchange for Feeley, the Eagles will receive a conditional second-round choice in the 2005 draft
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1741558

Originally posted by inFINSible
Okay....I'll play along....here's what we know....... we know it's a conditional second......It's been well established that conditional means it could go up OR down.....

hmmmmmm......:hmmm:

Perhaps it's a third unless AJ starts ALL the games, THEN it becomes a second.....or maybe it's a 4th unless he starts half the games, THEN it becomes a third.......Irregardless, I'll bet you anything you want, right here and now that it won't be a first, EVER......and it will only be a second if he proves he's WORTH it.

Think about it.....it may actually be a fourth, which you already said is what Feeley is worth.....so if that could be the case....wouldn't it make more sense for you to wait to find out FOR SURE what the parameters are so you don't look like spoiled bratty child for nothing?

Why are we even talking about Feely then? The deal isn't official, so that should be the end of everything, right? What a hypocritical thing to say... We're talking about him, the deal, everything. If I said I loved the trade, then you say nothing. I don't like it, and I'm a bratty child... OK, whatever you say.

Also, show me one case where a conditional pick went down. Thats why it's conditional. You set the standard, and if he imporves you get more. No one says it's a conditional 1st round pick. If he blows, we'll take a 6th... Any GM who would do that, will get FIRED. You don't trade a player, and hope is value doesn't go down so you won't lose out on the deal. The point is to get what you can out of hus current value, and hope it goes up based on potential..

I'm sure the Saints would have gotten a 6th instead of his 2nd 1st rounder if he had 500 yards...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce

I've said I'm willing to give Feely a chance... That doesn't have a thing to do with Miami overpaying for his value...

5 games (and a 75 QB rating) doesn't add up to a 2nd rounder. Nothing you can say will justify it. Nothing Feely does will justify it.

I'm sure the conditions for the pick being a 2nd rounder are not five games played with a 75 QB rating.

conditional

\Con*di"tion*al\, a. [L. conditionalis.] 1. Containing, implying, or depending on, a condition or conditions; not absolute; made or granted on certain terms; as, a conditional promise.

I don't like it, and I'm a bratty child... OK, whatever you say.

It's not like you haven't had your say about this trade over and over and over....only now do I say you sound like a bratty child ...you know why???? No, obviously you don't.....let me explain.....There are MANY people who are not thrilled with this trade....they have made their opinions known.....just like you have....the difference is that they are now going to wait and see what happens rather than ANNOY anyone who wants to see the bright side....they have the confidence in their opinion that they don't feel the need to constantly beat everybody over the head with it.... instead of tracking down every post that tries to say something good about the trade and throwing in their negative views AGAIN they realize that doing childish things like that makes other people angry.....Now, if you don't care about anybody else on this board and you see us all as nothing more than people to VENT ON....fine.....what goes around comes around, I'm sure you'll find that out eventually....But if you see yourself as part of this MB community and would like to be thought of as a respectfuul, thoughtful, intelligent poster than maybe you might want think about what I'm trying to say to you here....and maybe, just let others have their opinions without having to fight through your constant barrage.

Last edited:
conditional

\Con*di"tion*al\, a. [L. conditionalis.] 1. Containing, implying, or depending on, a condition or conditions; not absolute; made or granted on certain terms; as, a conditional promise.

It's not like you haven't had your say about this trade over and over and over....only now do I say you sound like a bratty child ...you know why???? No, obviously you don't.....let me explain.....There are MANY people who are not thrilled with this trade....they have made their opinions known.....just like you have....the difference is that they are now going to wait and see what happens rather than ANNOY anyone who wants to see the bright side....they have the confidence in their opinion that they don't feel the need to constantly beat everybody over the head with it.... instead of tracking down every post that tries to say something good about the trade and throwing in their negative views AGAIN they realize that doing childish things like that makes other people angry.....Now, if you don't care about anybody else on this board and you see us all as nothing more than people to VENT ON....fine.....what goes around comes around, I'm sure you'll find that out eventually....But if you see yourself as part of this MB community and would like to be thought of as a respectfuul, thoughtful, intelligent poster than maybe you might want think about what I'm trying to say to you here....and maybe, just let others have their opinions without having to fight through your constant barrage.

Again, can I have the example, and not the definition?

I'm willing to give Feely a chance. Feely's ability doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about his trade VALUE (see I can use the caps lock too!).

I've beaten people over the head with my opinion? Considering other then night 1 of this deal (where I had like 5 posts), I've replied to 2 threads about Feely, and am defending my stance. Then again, If you don't like it, don't read it... One would assume it's as easy as that.

''They both got themselves fired,'' one NFL executive said, talking about Spielman and Wannstedt.

I've been here long enough, and have never upset anyone (until now I guess).

Again, can I have the example, and not the definition?

I'm willing to give Feely a chance. Feely's ability doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about his trade VALUE (see I can use the caps lock too!).

I've beaten people over the head with my opinion? Considering other then night 1 of this deal (where I had like 5 posts), I've replied to 2 threads about Feely, and am defending my stance. Then again, If you don't like it, don't read it... One would assume it's as easy as that.

I've been here long enough, and have never upset anyone (until now I guess).

Feeley will work out trust me, it shows that you have never seen Feeley play cuase you don't know anything about him, so this is the scoop he has pretty good arm strengh, is acurate and does not force throws like Jay does

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Uh oh ... I can see it now ... "The A.J. Feeley Forum."

We have needed that one for a couple of days now. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nick19991

Feeley will work out trust me, it shows that you have never seen Feeley play cuase you don't know anything about him, so this is the scoop he has pretty good arm strengh, is acurate and does not force throws like Jay does

I've seen 2 games in 2002. I saw the Dallas game, and Giants game. I saw some good things, and I also so some bad things.

My question is, how can you preach accuracy, when he had less then Jay? Also, if he doesn't force throws, why is his game to INT ratio 1-1? Dan Marino was the king of forcing throws, and sometimes he paid for it. Doesn't mean he's bad...

I do feel a change at QB is needed. I hope AJ works out too. I think you take Fiedler to lightly considering 2 QB who were more talented on paper, didn't do squat compared to him...

I wish you would just look at my point of view for one second... It's not about Feely. He hasn't taken 1 snap in 2004, so who knows what he's going to do. My point is he could have been traded for less then what is being reported (I'll be PC about it, since nothing is official).

If the deal is for a conditional 3rd/4th, I'll be happy to take back everything I said, and proclaim you all more knowledgeable.

conditional

Where was this concept when everybody was blaming Jay Fielder for everything that was wrong with the offense. Where was the "instead of tracking down every post that tries to say somthing good and throwing in their negative views AGAIN" when it came to Jay the last couple years.
Lets face it people we should not be comparing Fielder to Feeley, more like Feeley to Sage. If giving the chance Sage will be twice the QB Feeley will EVER be. I give it two games and EVERYONE will be longing for the good ol days when Jay was throwing hurried passes and getting the "W".

I've said I'm willing to give Feely a chance... That doesn't have a thing to do with Miami overpaying for his value...

5 games (and a 75 QB rating) doesn't add up to a 2nd rounder. Nothing you can say will justify it. Nothing Feely does will justify it.

I agree 100%. I hope Feeley does well, but even if he does, we should have gotten him for less than what the media is reporting that we got him for. He did go 4-1, but the defense is the reason for those four wins (which I may like to add were all against losing teams). Feeley did not do anything to win those games, he was mediocre at best.

For those who think anything is better is Jay, would you rather have Ryan Leaf? Akili Smith? Iceblizzard69? I think we needed to UPGRADE the QB position, but just because we brought someone new in doesn't mean it is an upgrade. From AJ Feeley's past performances, I don't see him as an upgrade to Fiedler.

Originally posted by Unconquered
Let Feeley prove it on the field.

Absolutely right...Any one who thinks A.J is an upgrade is just a hater.There no way any one can come to the conclusions Feeley is better until we actually see him play full season.Lets just hope this won't turn into a mistake but homerun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I think it's fair to add something Spielman said himself. He's looking for lightning in a bottle.

Now since Sage was drafted like 50 picks ahead of Feely, and we got him for a 7th. If he played, did great, thats lightning in a bottle. for a 2nd round pick, There should be no "if." This is assuming the media is right and it is a #2.

Back
Top Bottom