Feeley = Much Improved | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley = Much Improved

Finfan80 said:
I think a lot of people watched him play his first game and have panned him ever since

The way I look at it is I will hold him to the same standard as I did Feebler. I will be just as tough on AJ when, after he is given a chance, he fails to perform. One of my major beefs with Jay was he was inconsistant. Last year, AJ was too. Given the coaching staff we had and the system, I'm willing to give AJ a pass. Hopefully this year, he will show us what he's all about!

Steve

Finfan80 said:
The OL improved throughout the year, and so did Feeley, or didn't you notice? he cut down on his mistakes A LOT, made much better decisions. Did you see the Pats game? no interceptions, he engineered some good drives against one of the league's best defenses, and threw the game winning TD pass. See the game after that against Cleveland? Heck of a TD pass he threw to DT, and made very few mistakes that game, too. As the season went on, the OL improved, the game slowed down for AJ, and he became a pretty good QB. I think a lot of people watched him play his first game and have panned him ever since

I've said it 1000 times: Our defense won the New England game for us by setting us up with great field position over and over and over. New England's mistakes also contributed to that victory. The throw to DT for the game winner was an ok throw. Nothing spectacular. Also, Feeley didn't engineer any long drives in that game.
He looked better against Cleveland and San Fran at the end of the year. It's no coincedence that they were the only teams in the league that were worse than us last year. SO beating them and looking average wasn't any great accomplishment. I will admit that the throw he made to DT in the Cleveland game was nice. But that throw was BY FAR the best throw he threw all season.
SO, did Feeley really improve that much or was his stat improvement because of the quality of the opponents? New England was a good team, but like I said, our defense played very well as far as creating turnovers and New England made some very uncharacteristic mistakes that helped set us up for the win. That one pass to Thompson does not give cause to call AJ good. It was (as I have also said 1000 times) a pass thrown to a TALL WR playing against a short WR who was trying to play corner.

SCall13 said:
I've said it 1000 times: Our defense won the New England game for us by setting us up with great field position over and over and over. New England's mistakes also contributed to that victory. The throw to DT for the game winner was an ok throw. Nothing spectacular. Also, Feeley didn't engineer any long drives in that game.
He looked better against Cleveland and San Fran at the end of the year. It's no coincedence that they were the only teams in the league that were worse than us last year. SO beating them and looking average wasn't any great accomplishment. I will admit that the throw he made to DT in the Cleveland game was nice. But that throw was BY FAR the best throw he threw all season.
SO, did Feeley really improve that much or was his stat improvement because of the quality of the opponents? New England was a good team, but like I said, our defense played very well as far as creating turnovers and New England made some very uncharacteristic mistakes that helped set us up for the win. That one pass to Thompson does not give cause to call AJ good. It was (as I have also said 1000 times) a pass thrown to a TALL WR playing against a short WR who was trying to play corner.

Defense did well early in the year. Stuffed the hell out of the Bengals. Feeley and the line looked much better than against the Bengals

The biggest changes to our offense are going to be Linehan's play calling and Houck's influence on our youngins up front. If those two come through and they've proven they will come through everywhere they've been, Feeley will be in good position to excel.

Feeley has all the tools. He has the toughness. He showed us all that last year. Now he just needs a full off season to learn the new system, some good blocking upfront to keep the defense from pounding on him and a modest if not strong running game to threaten the D.

I agree. If Feeley struggles this year, then I will admit I was wrong about the kid. Until then though, I believe in Feeley. He will be the guy!

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I think that with Brown and Possibly Ricky in the backfield, Chambers, Booker, and Boston(if he returns to pro bowl form), and a much improved O-line with the much needed help from Huock; Feeley can improve enough to be our QB for atleast another 3-5 years.

I tend to agree with you, but I am concerned that if the OL doesn't improve as we all hope, and Feeley has a rough year, everyone will be back on the "AJ is a bust" bandwagon. It won't be fair to him, although it will probably spell his end as a Fins starter/player if he does struggle, again, whether that be because of him or the OL...

Back
Top Bottom