Feeley > than Loseman? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley > than Loseman?

He's definitely got an arm, but unless he turns into the next Jim Kelly, Buff definitely gave up too much for him.

Justasportsfan said:
Pitts had 2 wr's over 1,000 yds under Mularkey. They also had the best running game in 2001.We have Henry and Mcgahee this year.

We are getting back a faster and supposedly better handed Price in the person of Evans. Madison must be going, "Oh shnit, another Price I have to chase".

Reed will be in his third year. He could be better or he could be thrown back to the slot where he's proven to be one of the best when Price was with the bills. I love where our O is headed.

Oh and finfaninbuff, how many years did it take Moulds to mature in the NFL?

OUr wr this year could be Moulds, Evans,Reed and Shaw.
rb's. Henry/Mcgahee.

No matter how I spin things though, Pats are getting Colvin back and Wilfork could start right away. It doesn't take long for a DT rookie to play. They scare me.

Pitts have more talent on Offense then Buffalo, lets be serious for a moment, you can not compare offenses like that. Why wasn't Miami's offense as good as dallas' when they won the championship with Norv Turner?

NCFINFAN38 said:
He has much more talent than AJ and neither have NFL experince so we will see what happens. But as for me I would trade AJ for Losman right now, even though they did give up a lot if they doesn't have a good year next year.

you would trade a guy that has started (and won) in the league for an unproven rookie? you're kidding me, we're not buffablow, we're trying to win now.

Emskirch said:
Pitts have more talent on Offense then Buffalo, lets be serious for a moment, you can not compare offenses like that. Why wasn't Miami's offense as good as dallas' when they won the championship with Norv Turner?
They had better coaches.

The fins didn't have the OL nor the qb that Norv would've liked. Had Norv been the coach and Wanny the DCoord, I wouldn't be surprised if the fins made it to the AFC championship each year.

Justasportsfan said:
They had better coaches.

The fins didn't have the OL nor the qb that Norv would've liked. Had Norv been the coach and Wanny the DCoord, I wouldn't be surprised if the fins made it to the AFC championship each year.

Fair enough :lol:

KyPhinfan13 said:
I ask everyone, since Loseman was a 1st round selection, don't you think that Feeley was worth a 2nd round selection? I have no idea if picking up Feeley will turn out to be a good move, however I think I'd rather have him for a second rounder than Loseman for a 1st.

On the subject.... I don't like Feeley at all. I would have rather Fiedler to start and Sage to backup and Lose drafted and sat for a year.

Justasportsfan said:
Donohoe tried to trade up for Ben. They were asking too much.

Pitts had 2 wr's over 1,000 yds under Mularkey. They also had the best running game in 2001.We have Henry and Mcgahee this year.

We are getting back a faster and supposedly better handed Price in the person of Evans. Madison must be going, "Oh shnit, another Price I have to chase".

Reed will be in his third year. He could be better or he could be thrown back to the slot where he's proven to be one of the best when Price was with the bills. I love where our O is headed.

Oh and finfaninbuff, how many years did it take Moulds to mature in the NFL?

OUr wr this year could be Moulds, Evans,Reed and Shaw.
rb's. Henry/Mcgahee.

No matter how I spin things though, Pats are getting Colvin back and Wilfork could start right away. It doesn't take long for a DT rookie to play. They scare me.

You had me mostly agreeing until you said Reed is proven to be one of the best slot receivers. Not by a long shot. You will have a nice compliment of WRs and RBs, but Bledsoe will still be throwing and that horrific Oline will still be blocking (or trying to block anyway).

What surprises be about the Bills is how quiet a 6-10 team has been in free agency. It just doesn't make any sense. I think they are planning for 1 - 2 more years of struggles on offense and are building for the future.

I agree that the Pats are the team to beat. I look forward to the Fins pounding them.

As good as the Bills offense may "look", you've still got huge questionmarks along the OL IMO. The Bills added nothing on the OL in the draft, and with the current group in Buffalo, I have serious doubts. They've averaged over 50 sacks a season during the last two years, and if that doesn't improve dramatically, and I mean dramatically, the Bills offense will struggle once again in 2004....

I like the WR L. Evans pick, but he's got some red flags as do many other rookie WR coming into the NFL expected to start rght away. For the Bills fans sake, let's hope his kness hold up in Buffalo...

PHINZ RULE!!!

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You had me mostly agreeing until you said Reed is proven to be one of the best slot receivers. Not by a long shot. You will have a nice compliment of WRs and RBs, but Bledsoe will still be throwing and that horrific Oline will still be blocking (or trying to block anyway).

What surprises be about the Bills is how quiet a 6-10 team has been in free agency. It just doesn't make any sense. I think they are planning for 1 - 2 more years of struggles on offense and are building for the future.

I agree that the Pats are the team to beat. I look forward to the Fins pounding them.
whaat I meant is that he was one of the top 3rd wr's whenPrice was here. check his nos. This is why the bills thought he was ready for no.2. He was thrown to the wolves w/ a horrible OL.

What you fail to see is that our biggest offseason move was getting rid of Greghead and Killdrive. Although Mularkey and Clements are unproven, Wyche and McNally should help both Drew and the OL.

baalworship said:
The Bills have done their homework on this guy. Sam Wyche, the Bills QB coach (who tutored a young Joe Montana and Boomer Esiason) said Losman's confidence reminds him of a young Boomer Esiason. Losman is a blue chip QB talent.

Feeley is a career backup that is obviously ahead of Losman RIGHT NOW. Let's bring the comparison up next year when Feeley and Losman become starters.

sorry... but of the two examples, I'd say only Montana supports your position.

Esiason was, and still is a buffoon who thought he was better than he played. He's still a pompous a$$ who should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Montana.

BLITZKRIEG said:
As good as the Bills offense may "look", you've still got huge questionmarks along the OL IMO. The Bills added nothing on the OL in the draft, and with the current group in Buffalo, I have serious doubts. They've averaged over 50 sacks a season during the last two years, and if that doesn't improve dramatically, and I mean dramatically, the Bills offense will struggle once again in 2004....

I like the WR L. Evans pick, but he's got some red flags as do many other rookie WR coming into the NFL expected to start rght away. For the Bills fans sake, let's hope his kness hold up in Buffalo...

PHINZ RULE!!!
the biggest problem w/ our offense last year was Gilbride. He installed a system where he expected the qb , the OL and the wr's to read the D and be on the same page right before the snap. Next thing you know, this guy went that way, that one went, there. All hell broke lose. Add to the fact that Greghead Williams' OL coach was Ruel. A former OL asst. coach who had no business competing against a fins D and Pats coaches.

We may have had the talent then, just not the right system and coaches. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

There are a couple of IFs for Losman to be successful...

If..he is allowed to work into the job he can be successful...If he is thrown in there because Bledsoe dies and they get impatient in Buffalo, then he will probably not succeed. This is probably, IMO, the worst thing that could happen to him and to the Bills. With his impatient attitude, if he gets in there and has some problems, I can see him mouthing off to teammates and really bringing down the house...

If...he can control his ego and mouth...He has already complained about them naming him the 4th qb on the depth chart...He has to earn it in the NFL. The difference between the best players and the least best players on most teams can be measuered in parts of an inch on a yardstick scale. His attitude reminds me an awful lot of Ryan Leaf in SD (It think it was Leaf, you guys know, the one who completely alienated himself from his teammates and press in SD a couple years back)...He has to be able to mature and harness that brashness before it starts to rub his teammates, coaches and fans the wrong way.

If...he can work on his mechanics some. He also has hitch in his throwing style. He has a lot of physical tools, but has not learned to harness them yet...

If...he is smarter than he has appeared in print and video clips as the draft has approached...I agree that the interview he did on ESPN on Saturday showed an immature brat that needed spanking by some of his defensive teammates...He rubs people the wrong way and that can be real bad for a QB since he is the focal player of most teams.

The "We gave up a 2nd and 5th to take next years first" doesn't cut it, if that was the case why wouldn't everybody trade their next years first to grab a first this year? The logic would work with everyteam, they could have next years first on their team for an extra year.

As far as there not being a QB to draft in the first next year, there is always FA's and what's to say that Qb will be the Bills major need next season anyway.

I would again love to hear the Bills fans spin on this if the Fins had made that trade. I can admit I would have been pissed if it were the Fins.

Again this is the view as of today, 3-5 years from now it could be bettter or worse we shall see. Even still the End result is JP cost you a 1,2, & 5 regardless of how you spin this year next years pick story. That is a lot to give up for any rookie(barring a few)

Justasportsfan said:
the biggest problem w/ our offense last year was Gilbride. He installed a system where he expected the qb , the OL and the wr's to read the D and be on the same page right before the snap. Next thing you know, this guy went that way, that one went, there. All hell broke lose. Add to the fact that Greghead Williams' OL coach was Ruel. A former OL asst. coach who had no business competing against a fins D and Pats coaches.

We may have had the talent then, just not the right system and coaches. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

To be perfectly honest with you, I spent all of last season wondering why the Bills offense was so bad. On paper, they have a nice lineup. The main questions are at C, LG, and QB. I also think both of your tackles need to play better and this is a make or break year for both, especially Williams. He needs to step up big time or be labeled a bust.

Donahoe has rolled the dice with this years draft. It needs to work out well for him to have a job in 2 years. He has also rolled the dice with the new head coach.

Back
Top Bottom