Feeley > than Loseman? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley > than Loseman?

PhinPhreak said:
The "We gave up a 2nd and 5th to take next years first" doesn't cut it, if that was the case why wouldn't everybody trade their next years first to grab a first this year? The logic would work with everyteam, they could have next years first on their team for an extra year.

there is always FA's and what's to say that Qb will be the Bills major need next season anyway.
That's like asking me "Why hasn't every team given up a 4th rd. to trade 1 step up like the fins?" or "why hasn't every team done what the chargers did , draft the top player and trade him to the team that wants him. Because unlike the fins, they didn't need to.

It's all based on the situation the team is in and based on what's out there next year.There isn't a qb in next years draft who will be rated higher than Losman. The bills weren't able to come up with an extension w/ Drews agent. If Drew is gone next year, Losman hopefully should be ready. No way we draft a qb next year and throw him to the wolves in his rookie season.

when the fins gave up a 1st pick the next year to the Saints for RW , finfans were saying RW is our 1st pick. Same principle.

If a FA turns out to be like Feely, Kurt Warner, Collins, Garcia , no thanks. We want to build our future w/ a franchise qb from scratch and not journeymen.

Last edited by a moderator:
FinfanInBuffalo said:
To be perfectly honest with you, I spent all of last season wondering why the Bills offense was so bad. On paper, they have a nice lineup. The main questions are at C, LG, and QB. I also think both of your tackles need to play better and this is a make or break year for both, especially Williams. He needs to step up big time or be labeled a bust.

Donahoe has rolled the dice with this years draft. It needs to work out well for him to have a job in 2 years. He has also rolled the dice with the new head coach.
I agree, Williams hasn't played like a 4th pick. Hopefully Mcnally will fix that. TD kinda rolled the dice every year. Drew Bledsoe trade. His performance could be blamed on OL, OL coach and OC. We'll find out this year if they are really to blame or Drew is washed up.

Mcgahee. We'll soon find out if TD once again made a mistake. If he wasn't wrong , watch out your aging D (especially lb's) could be eating his dust. Don't forget, we still have Henry. Not a bad set of rb's to have. Oh and if Mcgahee does pan out, there might be a team out there desperate for Henry for a 1st pick.

Losman, we'll have to wait 1 year instead of two years w/ next years qb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spikes said:
That's another thing I don't get.

What they did was take a QB in the first round next year...a year early. All they gave up was a second and a fifth...and hell...it cost a second for Cleveland to move up ONE spot.

Yea but the 1st you gave up next year will probably be a top ten :roflmao: After you get crushed this season

FinFrenzy said:
Yea but the 1st you gave up next year will probably be a top ten :roflmao: After you get crushed this season
that post is like homer Simpson jumping in a conversation between Steve Jobs and Bill gates regarding Microsoft and Apple.

Justa....you guys are in the same boat as we are with AJ...we know that last year's guy is not the answer, but we also don't know if AJ is the answer....you know that Bledsoe has issues (re-signing, age, and his deficiencies) and he wasn't the answer for you last year. With an improved OL and coaches, you're line should be better, making Bledsoe better (like 2002), but your problem is whether Losman will be the answer next year or not....Having him sit behind Bledsoe is the best thing that can happen for him, but will he respond and become that franchise QB you think he will ?? only time will tell. So, we went about it in different ways, but we both pinning our hopes on potential and unproven players. It's gonna be a great couple of years to watch football....

Justasportsfan said:
that post is like homer Simpson jumping in a conversation between Steve Jobs and Bill gates regarding Microsoft and Apple.

:whew: I thought I was gonna hear more excuses for using next years first a year early... :lol:

LarryFinFan said:
Justa....you guys are in the same boat as we are with AJ...we know that last year's guy is not the answer, but we also don't know if AJ is the answer....you know that Bledsoe has issues (re-signing, age, and his deficiencies) and he wasn't the answer for you last year. With an improved OL and coaches, you're line should be better, making Bledsoe better (like 2002), but your problem is whether Losman will be the answer next year or not....Having him sit behind Bledsoe is the best thing that can happen for him, but will he respond and become that franchise QB you think he will ?? only time will tell. So, we went about it in different ways, but we both pinning our hopes on potential and unproven players. It's gonna be a great couple of years to watch football....
I agree completely.

Niether you or I know whether Losman or Feely will pan out out until they both take the Field. Obviosly Spielman thinks Feely may be ready but we obviosly know that Losman isn't and will be learning .

FinFrenzy said:
:whew: I thought I was gonna hear more excuses for using next years first a year early... :lol:
Obviously it's too much for you to understand the logic based on the bills situation. That's alright. I can understand that there are some less knowledgeable fans out there who aren't able to discuss objectively. ;)

Nah,

Justa calm down the sky isn't falling....I do honestly believe you gave up too much for him and YES there is no secret here as a Fin fan I'm happy because of it. Do I think Losman will play good who knows but he is NOT gonna be the second coming of Jim Kelly (And he should be for the price you paid for him) that much we should be able to agree upon unless your homer eyeglass frames are pressing to hard on the head. Sure you could say we have AJ that much is true but we gave up a 2nd for him...we'll see if he even pans out. But to immediately address your QB which let's face it your not gonna start him and if you did then you would really have given up a top 10 pick next year. Wouldn't you have liked to see a great Olinemen taken to help Bledsoe...I mean c'mon if this kid get's in there now he's gonna get killed just the way Bledsoe has been. Nothing against you I just see it that way

Back
Top Bottom