Feeley too Early? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley too Early?

Nathan...I am not really a JF basher, but I do say that JF has had time to show more and take this team to the next level and has not. Our Ol was porous last year, that is a known fact, but it was not too bad in 2001 and 2002. JF has reached a plateau and has proven he cannot get off of it. Feeley has the opportunity to make his move now. I like the choice of Feeley over all the QBs that have been "available" to us (save perhaps Ramsey). Collins is 31 and at his prime. What we have seen is the best he is going to get. Couch is not yet at his prime, but when given the chance to take the reins, he couldn't do it (he may yet). Garcia, no thanks.

My comments about Griese and Collins were in regards to both of them having little to no mobility. Both need time to read defenses and get rattled when pressed. If I had to take one of those guys, based on our experience here with Griese, I'd take Collins, but I just don't see him as our answer.

PhinPhreak said:
The Debate is going to go back and forth all season, when the season is over if AJ plays well half the board will be told you so, and vice versa.

Truthfully I liked Jay and give him a lot of credit, but I would like to see what this team could do with someone that might be a little better. I was hoping last year Griese would be the guy,(he might have been if the OL was better who knows), I am willing to give AJ a try now because he is there now, but when I look at AJ I see another Jay as of right now, his stats aren't very impressive, he isn't as mobile as Jay(12 rushes for 6 yds), he has thrown an INT in every game he played in 02, and only had one more TD then INT.

Hopefully as a starter he can settle in and become the next come from nowhere QB, I will wait for the season to make final judgement.

I wouldn't mind Collins here if they could get him and have them fight it out in traing camp, I wouldn't mind Couch either for the right price. What's going to happen in training camp is one of two things, AJ is handed the starting job which would be the same thing that happened with Jay, or AJ doesn't beat out Jay and that really wouldn't be a good sign.

I'd bet that if Eli Manning has those same stats (as AJ) coming out the gate, Giants fans will be screaming superbowl!

Saying he has the same stats as Fiedler is just wrong...Fiedler has been in Miami for how long? AJ got throw into the fire and he did a good job.

Larry, I agree, Jay had his chances. I feel sorry for the guy. With his injury luck and the patchwork line he was given over the years, it just wasn't in his cards. As I stated earlier, I welcome AJF. And, I hope he succeeds. I've always wanted what's best for the PHINZ. If he has nice velocity and comes with more upside at a younger age, I'm totally for it. I don't have to do homework to appreciate better abilities.

I'm just tired of the JF bashers. I admit, as well as most any PHAN, that his "watch" has come to a close. I believe it is time to move on. Maybe the best thing is to begin rebuilding the QB position. But, I think he offers a great backup commodity UNTIL the new QB is established and we have at least groomed or partially developed a suitable backup for the future.

That said, my main complaint with anyone who wants a change or wants to see him jettisoned is this... can't you stop complaining for one second to at least give the guy credit for what he has achieved and helped the team achieve (even if it just meant maintaining a winning tradition and giving a few memories for the PHIN Footlocker) .... especially as he's walking out the door?

I think he's deserved at least a thank you.

As for the future, every year.. like every other PHAN in the world, I peer happily into the coming year's fortunes. It's April, every team is undefeated and anyone can win the SB.

I don't have to research every single player's bio, pro career, college career and high school career to appreciate the athlete he COULD be if he performs at his aspired level. I look positively to the future and hope AJF is the guy. I hope Boston can maintain his positive path to re-inventing himself. And I PRAY the OLINE finally comes together and no longer remains the weak link on offense.

PHINZ RULE

Speaking of Eli Manning.... has anyone noticed the NYG have imploded their ENTIRE QB roster?

A local KY boy has now happened into the 2nd String position... J LOAD. That's right, The Round Mound Of Touchdowns, Jared Lorenzen is currently the 2nd stringer. Of course, they'll eventually bring in a vet... but until then.... Eli had better hope JLO doesn't get hungry in one of the QB meetings... he just might start chewing on him!

fin-atic said:
I think it was premature. I would be happier with Feeley if we had Warner/Garcia/Couch etc in to replace Feidler.

Couch couldn't beat out a career backup/journeyman in Holcomb.. He's not one I consider a prime option.

I second that.

Having watched all 2 years of Couch's UK starts and his CLE tenure, I can tell you he is NOT someone you want on your roster. He had a great run in HS and college. He peaked at UK. He does have the tools.

inFINSible said:
NathanHunt and AceOfSpades, thanks for the great posts.....I feel riped now!:D

Just how does "riped" feel? Hell, that's even a new one fer me !!! :D

:dunno: ask dreadlockera?

I was just playing, no offense dread....;)

Back
Top Bottom